Via Napoli - opening day photos and report

raven

The dedicated Stroller Parking area. Ha! I saw that area last week and wondered what it was for. Let's see how long that lasts though before another entrance becomes a hazard.

JungleTrekFan

Wow, that is definitely a gorgous resturant, definitely gona stop in there next trip to Epcot. But now this stunning building is making the side of Neptune's fountain look very bare, they should add some hedges or something to that wall.

SirNim

Wow, that is definitely a gorgous resturant, definitely gona stop in there next trip to Epcot. But now this stunning building is making the side of Neptune's fountain look very bare, they should add some hedges or something to that wall.
Exactly, maybe a marble plaque, or some benches, or a couple of haphazardly-placed Caravaggio posters, or a fresco of the Golfo di Napoli, or something that can lend some cultural texture.

By the way, the coat of arms (or stemma) above the main entrance is decorated with a horse head in tribute to the coat of arms of the Province of Naples, which also features a horse. (Unless the horse is Patina's corporate mascot, in which case this is just coincidence. :lookaroun )

Tomi-Rocket

can't wait......

Wow, absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to go there next year! Love the wood burning ovens, so Disney, lol. :sohappy:

MarkTwain

Looks great! Very open and Tuscan-looking. I love how much effort it sounds like the culinary team took to make the pizza taste authentic.

Maybe we'll be able to eat lunch there this upcoming Christmas...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
WS has always presented an idealised environment. Even the posters you mentioned were not intended to look "real". Leave the "Disney realism" in DAK.

What needs to be real is the food. And it appears to be so in many instances. BTW, I lived in Italy for a couple years so I'm qualified to say that. Awesome job by all! :sohappy:
Really JT where abouts I am somewhat familiar with the place myself.

DisneyMusician2

Just can't wait to try it. It appears at first glance that TDO actually outsourced something and might have gotten it right for once.

Looks great!

Phonedave

The dedicated Stroller Parking area. Ha! I saw that area last week and wondered what it was for. Let's see how long that lasts though before another entrance becomes a hazard.

Yeah, that caught my eye. That and how long until somone strips the lemon trees bare.

But then thats not a refelection on the restaruant (which looks great) but on the guests.

The proof will come later when I actualy get to eat there.

-dave

DiPSU224

It's beautiful! I love those ovens...I have been lucky enough to enjoy authentic pizza while touring Naples so I'm curious to see how it compares. Those special drinks looked so tasty too.

Unfortunately it will be awhile until I get to experience it for myself. Something to look forward to I guess.

Thanks for the pictures and report! :sohappy:

Pippa

Looks good!!!! I love pretty much love all of the pizzas at WDW from the Boardwalk window to Pizzafari and I cant wait to try these too.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

officeboy

I can't wait to give this a go. The setting looks airy, open and inviting. Never mind the food and drink... :lol:

I can't help but notice the split wood below the ovens, very nice theme. One could easily assume the ovens are wood burners as I did. One question I have though is why the gas line shut off between ovens 2 and 3? Yellow plumbing, quick turn valve near the floor. :shrug: I guess its a safety thing, but it is too bad they could not have put it in a little bit more inconspicuous spot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom