Via Napoli experience?

hibbsofep

Original Poster
After getting shut out for the last 5 days for ADRs at Via Napoli in Feb., we finally scored today! Anybody been there yet and if so, how was it?

hibbsofep

Original Poster
I already looked at the referenced reviews which is what got me excited about going in the first place. I was just hoping for a little more reaction.

Disneykidder

I'd love to hear about real experiences too. The place looks amazing. The ovens are cool looking and the pictures of the food looks very tasty.:slurp:

mouselvrmom

My experience was kind of just eh. I had some pasta that was pretty good, not great, but pretty good. Unfortunately, my 6 year old ate most of it because she didn't like her pizza. The pizza was really just blobs of melted cheese on sauce. The cheese didn't even cover the whole pizza.

My hubby got two pizzas, which he liked. My oldest got the margherita pizza which she liked. In fact she said that this was one of her favorite places to eat over the trip.

So the ambience was great, service was pretty good, and food was hit or miss. I saw some people's pizza's look really delicious. I just don't know why ours didn't.

HouCuseChickie

while hardly the main menu attraction, I'm really curious about the zeppole on the desserts. I have yet to read a review anywhere that talks about them? Anyone see any reviews with info on this dessert at Via Napoli? Or has anyone had them?

I had a great time there. Four of us went about a week ago and split a large pizza(Quatro Formag) and two order of The fried rizotto balls(Mozzerella and meatsauce fried into a ball...I don't have the correct name). I also had a lemonade Aqua Fresca and I thought all of it was great. It was pricey but a great meal with great service and I plan to go back on my next trip.:)

French Quarter

I should probably know this but I didn't think we were going to Epcot until about 30 minutes ago and therefore didn't research. Is Via Napoli 1 TS credit or 2?

MissM

while hardly the main menu attraction, I'm really curious about the zeppole on the desserts. I have yet to read a review anywhere that talks about them? Anyone see any reviews with info on this dessert at Via Napoli? Or has anyone had them?
There's a review of a couple desserts here: http://zannaland.com/via-napoli-revisted-more-than-just-pizza/#disqus_thread

Not the one you're looking for but a few others if that helps.

We're going to WDW on Saturday and plan to try and do lunch there before it goes ADR. As Florida Residents, I just don't do a lot of table service since I really don't know when I'm going over for the day more then about a week in advance.

wdwmousetales

Via Napoli is OK

I went there the first weekend it was open and I did not love the restaurant either. Reading some of the other posts actually made me feel better because I thought I was the only one. You can read my full review with pictures of everything here... http://www.wdwmousetales.com/vianapolireview.html

Do not order the Truffle pizza...really strange tasting.
wpefe45bb4_05.jpg
http://www.wdwmousetales.com/wpimages/wpefe45bb4_05.jpg

rkelly42

My experience was kind of just eh. I had some pasta that was pretty good, not great, but pretty good. Unfortunately, my 6 year old ate most of it because she didn't like her pizza. The pizza was really just blobs of melted cheese on sauce. The cheese didn't even cover the whole pizza.

My hubby got two pizzas, which he liked. My oldest got the margherita pizza which she liked. In fact she said that this was one of her favorite places to eat over the trip.

So the ambience was great, service was pretty good, and food was hit or miss. I saw some people's pizza's look really delicious. I just don't know why ours didn't.
The blobs of cheese were probably mozzerella, it could have been just the type of pizza she ordered, but I am not sure since i have not been there. It reminds me of the Carmine pizza at Bertucci's its caramilized onions and mozzerella that does not cover the pizza and is very good.

French Quarter

OK - haven't been there yet. Our last trip was April 2010...

But I have to ask - "experience"? It's a PIZZA joint. It may be very cute - but it's a PIZZA joint. What "experience", beyond cleanliness, would you be looking for? It is not a Signiture Dinning establishment - "nice" may be very appropriate - "experience" ? Well, I think you will experience a fairly nice Pizza Parlor :)

I think the OP was talking about the overall dining experience. Things like food quality, value, service, atmosphere, variety. That kind of stuff.

Mammymouse

We are going to try it next time we go to Disney. But we aren't expecting it to sweep us away. You see we originally come from Rhode Island - the Italy of the USA - and now live in Florida. We have yet to find any pizza to compare to our local Famous Pizza restaurant in our old town of Scituate, RI. And any local pizza restaurant in RI beats any in Florida. They say it is the water - I don't know :shrug: ? Please don't get me wrong though, we LOVE living in Florida:sohappy:, but just not the pizza.

hibbsofep

Original Poster
Trotsky,
Did we have a bad day today? French Quarter understood my question. Maybe this will help you.

Quoting the Random House Collegiate Dictionary here:
ex-pe-ri-ence n. 1.a particular instance of personally encountering or undergoing something. 2. knowledge gained from what one has observed, encountered, or undergone.

MissM

mickeysshoes - Is the first picture of the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quattro Formaggi pizza? That's the one I'd like to try tomorrow but whatever one it is in the first pic looks delicious!
[/FONT]

mickeysshoes

mickeysshoes - Is the first picture of the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quattro Formaggi pizza? That's the one I'd like to try tomorrow but whatever one it is in the first pic looks delicious![/FONT]

Yes it is!!! Its was very good!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom