Via Napoli experience?

BRER STITCH

I went on the first day it was open and I was very happy with the overall dining experience. Yes, it is expensive, but you really get what you pay for in terms of both quality and quantity. I did a complete review of Via Napoli on my blog:
http://tastedisney.blogspot.com/2010/08/via-napoli.html

THAT, my friend, was an awesome review!

I feel like I've been there! :lol:

I'm liking the outdoor seating area, but the $16 price for an Individual pie is pretty steep, indeed!

Thanks for the detailed experience!

:sohappy:

RWilliams

Premium Member
I thought the pizza was very good, similar but probably just slightly better than Grimaldi's in Brooklyn. In my opinion the individual pizza could easily be shared by two people. The zeppole's were ok, half didn't have any filling. I wouldn't bother getting them again, they were pretty plain.

hibbsofep

Original Poster
"Yes. That would cover Vietnam or Afghanistan (choose according to age)."

Why yes, you finally got it. I always measure my dining experiences against the horrors of Vietnam or Afghanistan! :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Whaaaaa?????

HouCuseChickie

I thought the pizza was very good, similar but probably just slightly better than Grimaldi's in Brooklyn. In my opinion the individual pizza could easily be shared by two people. The zeppole's were ok, half didn't have any filling. I wouldn't bother getting them again, they were pretty plain.

Yay! Someone finally tried the zeppole...and it sounds like it's an experience I can pass on. I know some people fill their zeppole, but where I grew up- zeppole were never filled and always topped in powdered sugar (I miss NJ :cry:). Whew! Now I don't have to debate about trying to pop in and get an order to go. Thanks for posting! :wave:

On a side note, after reading the heated debate over the "experience" and this being siganture dining...of course, I have not been to VN, but I have to say that this menu does not lend itself to a signature dining experience. I could understand if they had gourmet pizza appetizers with specialty toppings (Wolfgang Puck's Spago comes to mind) - maybe after a nice amuse bouche and before a palette cleansing limoncello sorbet followed by fresh take or twists on traditional southern Italian cooking, but VN's offerings lack the artistry and subtance seen on the bulk of the current signature dining menus. OK- I've got to stop...I'm making myself hungry. :lol:

lilclerk

I gotta ask because I'm picky -- are the tomatoes on the pizza super chunky? I hate chunky tomatoes on pizza and may stick to a pasta dish if that's the case :lol:

Candlejack

A little late, but oh well, I just had to share some pictures of my family's lunch at Via Napoli at 8/28. The place is beautiful (and lit juuuuuust right during the day) and the food was fantastic:

4942935263_7fc8ea4c85_z.jpg

Blood orange fresca-something.

4942936507_6c807a6d44_z.jpg

My pepperoni pizza!

4942937571_a4daec89f9_z.jpg

And is that a HM I see? (I didn't touch it, I swear! Well, until I ate it.)

4943524626_5a2e0bd0cc_z.jpg

Chicken parmigiana.

4943523634_fdfdb0e874_z.jpg

The spaghetti torta that comes with the chicken parmigiana. It was a novelty to us.

4942940801_148bf17cf2_z.jpg

I think this is Fusilloni Trapanese...

4942947431_92e7bbcd89_z.jpg

Gelato Frizzante (I'm just copypastaing these names now...).

4942942019_cbe26847d4_z.jpg

Coppa Di Brutti Ma Buoni (the one with the "ugly but good cookies").

4942944075_4e4379e025_z.jpg

Zeppole di Catarina. MMMMMM.

4942946103_e1557e65c7_z.jpg

A better view of... my... balls.

MissM

We went on Saturday. Epcot was really light on the crowds so we were seated immediately. The three of us ordered a [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Quattro Formaggi (four cheese) pizza in "large" to share.

It was really good. Perfect size for us to share. Love and his brother both had 3 slices and I hate two. We left comfortably full but not stuffed.

The cheeses were really tasty and the crust was thin (but not too thin) and had a nice flavor to it.

We just ordered Cokes and the pizza an was $38 (plus tip) total. But with tip it worked out to $15/person which isn't that much more than getting burgers or whatever which can easily be $10/person and no where near as good.

I'd give it two thumbs up and would definitely eat here again.
[/FONT]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom