For their tomorrow,
We gave our today."

(The Kohima Epitaph)

Attachments

• 11.gif
    11.gif
    113 KB · Views: 69

ACE

One year after World War I drew to a close, President Woodrow Wilson declared November 11, 1919 as Armistice Day--a national holiday to celebrate victory in "the war to end all wars." Yet the dream of world of peace was soon shattered as first World War II, then the Korean Conflict called America's troops back to the battlefield. In 1954, Armistice Day was re-named as Veterans Day, a fitting tribute to all the men and women who have defended the cause of freedom around the world.

As a veteran I say, thank you, but let's not forget the ones who didn't come home.

To Baxter Ellis, who died in Vietnam on Aug 19, 1967, I salute you and I will never forget you.

Love,
Your Nephew

disney_nutter

just like whish everyone a happy rememberence day here in the uk.My heart goes out to anyone who lost a family member. My Great grandad served in the 36th ulster divison we also have his brother who is a Ukown solider.

tenchu

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Camelot

Blessed be to all of the Veterans, past-present and future, who have helped protect the freedoms we all hold so dear. Thank You.

JuniorTOT

Account Suspended
\\m//

ABC showed Saving Private Ryan completely un-edited for Veterans Day. I would've watched it if I didn't already have it on DVD yay! The movie totally owns war movies.

castlecake

In Flanders Field,

the poppies blow,

between the crosses,

row on row,

that mark our place,

and in the sky,

Larks still bravely singing, fly,

scarce heard among the guns below

Nov11 is Remebrance day in Canada, Lest we Forget the members of our armed forces, Past, Present, and Future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom