Very Merry Xmas Party - Is it worth it?

hardcard

Ugh this is definitely one of those threads I should have avoided :lol: I have tickets to a party in December and it'll be my first Very Merry and my mom's first party, period. She wanted to do it so badly that I went ahead and got the tickets but now I'm afraid she'll be disappointed. (I don't care about myself; I just want to give her the best possible trip) Hopefully she'll have a good time just because it's a new experience for her.

I would say that you will be fine.. I didn't say it wasn't fun... but it used to be more 'worth it', IMO..

SeaBreeze

I would say that you will be fine.. I didn't say it wasn't fun... but it used to be more 'worth it', IMO..

Yeah, I'm hoping since she's never done a party before and can't compare it, she'll be fine. I'll probably be a bit let down since I did MNSSHP this year for the first time and loved it :lol: May as well try them all once though, right :)

MyLittleAngels

You should not be disappointed that you bought tickets for MVMCP. Lots of people love it. It's definitely worth doing once. Just because it isn't my favorite doesn't mean you and your mom won't be thrilled by it. Try not to go thinking of this thread .. Go expecting to have a great time, and you will. :)

Graham9

Original Poster
Update

As an update on this, we have decided to go for it.

But it seems some people don't want us to go, namely Orlando Fun Tickets - or specifically their web site which was not exactly fun to use and have ended up paying for an expensive phone call (I'm in the UK) and a booking premium - and I'm still not sure if I'm actually going or not.

I fill out the details - I asked for tickets to be shipped to hotel - and then asks for a shipping address (having already selected the hotel from a list) which I had to search for via Google (Why do I have to do this??) It then asks for my State/Province - but I'm in the UK and live in a county it doesn't recognise - which means the site wouldn't accept my order. :brick:

Then comes the expensive overseas call to the US and talking to a girl who I cannot hear and cannot hardly speak English. Having at great pains to relay my order - several times - she forgets to ask when I'm coming and completely failed to understand that my WDW Resort reservation was made by a 3rd Party UK tour operator and I don't have a Resort booking number. As the booking was offline, I also had to pay about $20 extra on top of everything!!! :brick::brick:

I'm supposed to be getting an email confirming my booking, but nothing as yet and I feel I'm not going to get one or I've inadvertently booked for something else entirely. I would be surprised if I actually do get the tickets I asked for. But we'll see....

:mad::mad:

Graham9

Original Poster
I wasn't aware you could go straight to Disney. I followed the link from wdwmagic.

Good news is I have my confirmation (but it doesn't give my shipping details)
Bad news is they got my name wrong!!

Agggghh!!

Figment1986

As an update on this, we have decided to go for it.

But it seems some people don't want us to go, namely Orlando Fun Tickets - or specifically their web site which was not exactly fun to use and have ended up paying for an expensive phone call (I'm in the UK) and a booking premium - and I'm still not sure if I'm actually going or not.

I fill out the details - I asked for tickets to be shipped to hotel - and then asks for a shipping address (having already selected the hotel from a list) which I had to search for via Google (Why do I have to do this??) It then asks for my State/Province - but I'm in the UK and live in a county it doesn't recognise - which means the site wouldn't accept my order. :brick:

Then comes the expensive overseas call to the US and talking to a girl who I cannot hear and cannot hardly speak English. Having at great pains to relay my order - several times - she forgets to ask when I'm coming and completely failed to understand that my WDW Resort reservation was made by a 3rd Party UK tour operator and I don't have a Resort booking number. As the booking was offline, I also had to pay about $20 extra on top of everything!!! :brick::brick:

I'm supposed to be getting an email confirming my booking, but nothing as yet and I feel I'm not going to get one or I've inadvertently booked for something else entirely. I would be surprised if I actually do get the tickets I asked for. But we'll see....

:mad::mad:

They are a good buisness, sometimes their can be problems.. they are sort of new and only just got these tickets this year, they have not handled special events before to my knowledge.

I have toured their call center which is in Orlando Florida and its nice and they are helpful, maybe it was an off day? Glad you got it mostly sorted out though.

Gorjus

The last time? Roughly 3 weeks ago.

The switchoff thing was in Fantasyland.

Again, what "room" are they in? Cinderella was also in Toon Town during the party, with Charming, to the left of the train station. She was also swapping off on a schedule.

Now I see where the problem was. You literally ran into a once in every 5 year situation. Due to the construction of the Fairy Room and re-doing the queue line for both the princesses and the fairies and the fact that the Toon Town rooms were creating health hazards for our cast, they put the Royal Couples Outside. So on the party you went to, the were doing the outside switch thing. In the parties I worked at, they were indoors. But I do remember hearing about the fun they had outside. You just ran into an odd one.

The Room is the Princess Room. Currently when you show up at the County Bounty and go inside, you see two lines. One is for Fairies and One is for Princesses. During the parties, the Royal Couples are USUALLY in the Princess Room...the line on the left.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom