Very Good News

headhoncho34

Original Poster
This just came in from Micechat:I visited the WWoHP this past week and I am very impressed with the Forbidden Journey! However one theme area is not going topple Disney but i'm glad that there's now competition thats got everyone talking. Disney for that last 10+ years have become mediocre and set in their ways! My best friend works in the Corporate end of Walt Disney World and I was told when it comes to park planning like new attractions, everything is so secretive but the word has been going around from high ranking execs to the cm about Harry Potter and he may have just woken a sleeping giant. My friend is friendly with a member of WDI only had this to say... there are quite a few rides that have been proposed that would send Harry Potter back to hills just waiting to be green lit! My friend said she dont know what the proposed the rides are but only of two she have seen,Beastly Kingdom/Journey to the center of the earth and a revamped state of the art The Great Movie Ride with HD and unbeliveable AA'S(movies and acquiring the rights to use them is a task). She said a lot constructions permits have been sent out and I dont mean for hotels! Draw your conclusions.

SeaCastle

We know that WDI has Potter-killer projects ready to go; it's just a matter of TDO approving them. So far, no permits have been filed for any new attractions outside of the Fantasyland expansion (which is not a Potter-killer, but rather addressing problems at the Magic Kingdom).

Since no one in TDO seems to be up to spending money on the parks, it seems a bit of the time before anything gets approved. Theoretically, Potter is the wake up call that WDW needs to step up its game.

headhoncho34

Original Poster
We know that WDI has Potter-killer projects ready to go; it's just a matter of TDO approving them. So far, no permits have been filed for any new attractions outside of the Fantasyland expansion (which is not a Potter-killer, but rather addressing problems at the Magic Kingdom).

Since no one in TDO seems to be up to spending money on the parks, it seems a bit of the time before anything gets approved. Theoretically, Potter is the wake up call that WDW needs to step up its game.
Actually Construction permits for these Potter Killer projects have been sent out. All these attractions need now is the approval from managment and they should be set.

Captain Chaos

What management are you talking about? The county governments or park management?

I'll assume park management in Orlando and over in Glendale...

I can see it now... Disney, as a response to WWoHP, announces the new addition to Animal Kingdom: The Big Blue World of Finding Nemo.... the only outdoor land that makes you feel like you are in the EAC.. Why?? Cause you are hightailing it right out of there.. Magic Kingdom gets a second land expansion: The Galactic World of Lilo and Stitch where we bring a little Hawaii to Outer Space...

Tom

Beta Return
Actually Construction permits for these Potter Killer projects have been sent out. All these attractions need now is the approval from managment and they should be set.

The term "permit" does not apply in this situation. A "permit" is something issued by the local "authority having jurisdiction" (aka, government) that allows you to build something.

Disney itself doesn't issue or "send out" permits. They receive them from RCID, and also record them with Orange & Osceola Counties.

I maintain the Construction Permit thread here on the board (see link in my signature) and there have been no permits (aka Notices of Commencement) issued for any attractions in recent months (other than Phase 1 of Fantasyland).

Biff215

Permits wouldn't be filed before the projects were approved by TDO. I don't doubt your info, just that they're this far down the pipeline.

RobGraves

sounds like the bus drivers are spilling the beans again.

or... bob iger meant what he said and the things we know now are the only things we can expect for the next 10yrs

headhoncho34

Original Poster
sounds like the bus drivers are spilling the beans again.

or... bob iger meant what he said and the things we know now are the only things we can expect for the next 10yrs
This has nothing do with bus drivers spilling the beans. This is a direct source from WDI to the Execs at TDO.

RobGraves

well call me sally and spank me silly!

and to think John Lasseter told me this morning the only thing coming new was fire mountain in the new villains section of MK!

headhoncho34

Original Poster
well call me sally and spank me silly!

and to think John Lasseter told me this morning the only thing coming new was fire mountain in the new villains section of MK!
As the source i quoted said things are very secretive within the company so the dont spill the beans do everyday park goers. The person that said this is very friendly with people in TDO and WDI so this has 100% truth and foundation behind it.

zweltar

So basically, you're saying that there are "big things" out there just waiting to get approved by the Disney execs? I think most of us "know" that.
So where's the big news? There are lots of "big things" that are "cool" and "innovative" that will "usurp" whatever might be in the "WWoHP."
I don't "see" what's "new" or "exciting" in your "post."

":animwink:"

headhoncho34

Original Poster
So basically, you're saying that there are "big things" out there just waiting to get approved by the Disney execs? I think most of us "know" that.
So where's the big news? There are lots of "big things" that are "cool" and "innovative" that will "usurp" whatever might be in the "WWoHP."
I don't "see" what's "new" or "exciting" in your "post."

":animwink:"
Whats exciting is that the construction permits are close to being filed, and that Beastly Kingdom/JTCOE are on the verge of being approved for AK to combat Harry Potter. That alone should cause you to have a minor stroke or pixie dust attack.

Captain Chaos

Whats exciting is that the construction permits are close to being filed, and that Beastly Kingdom/JTCOE are on the verge of being approved for AK to combat Harry Potter. That alone should cause you to have a minor stroke or pixie dust attack.

You must forgive us for being skeptical... TDO has not given us any reason to be optimistic...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom