Very first time Disney trip

d'Isigny

Liberty Tree Tavern... for one

Thank you all for your feedback it is very much appreciated.
So far I think the most important thing is to pace myself and plan ahead.There are so many things to do in disney world and god knows id like to get a chance to do everything but I may not get a chance to but what i am able to do ill make sure its a enjoyable time for me and the kids.
Love the dining options..which restaurant does minnie usually hang out at? I love her..

Zip-D-Dude

OK, the fist thing to remmer is not to go commando. You do not ahve to do everything. Do what the kids want to do. If they want to ride Peter Pan 5 times in a row. Do it. Try to just be in the moment and not try to do it all. I made that mistake my first time in a disney park. We went to disneyland in 2001. I made the mistake orf wearing out my kids for two days. The kids were miserable and completey cranky and tired at the end of the day. Bad mistake.

We were given a by 2 get the 3rd free pass when we went. We were not planning on going back but since we had the free pass we wnet back with the condition that we were just going to go hang out and do what the kids wanted. I had the most amazing time. One of our sons wnated to be a pirate when he grows up, so he wanted to ride Pirates of the Caribean 5 times. THe first two days we simple rode it once so we could get to the next thing. the 3rd day we rode the ride and sang along and my son had a blast. My other son loved splash mountain so my wife and I took turns riding that with him over and over. We visited pooh 5 times in one day. It was the most amazing time I had on vacation.

Second, get there early. THe lines are shorter the first couple of hours and it is much cooler. Take it easy in the mid day or go back to your hotel and take a nap. come back with rested kids and enjoy your vacation.:sohappy:

themagicofdisne

Fun...

I would definitely do as many character dining opportunities as you can get to, the cast member characters make the experience so wonderful...I love the characters myself at 20, but love to watch the awe in the kids eyes while there!

Magic Kingdom is a must go with kids...but at Epcot they have a special character meet and greet which is great.

I love Animal Kingdom too...kids love animals and here they are up close and personal!

You should definitely pace yourself and take your time at parks with more kid friendly opportunities, I wouldn't worry about spending too much time at MGM or Epcot, or even downtown Disney (unless you go for shopping...which kids love to get things!)

DEFINITELY get to a a couple firework or park closing shows and DEFINITELY GET TO A MAGIC KINGDOM PARADE! Or even the animal kingdom parade is great!

Have fun!!!!!!!!

KimnAbby

The only thing about going with someone who knows the park that well is that sometimes, they want to do different things than you do. We recently went with my stepbrother, who had only been there once before and we realized, after wasting two whole days doing almost nothing, that it was better to split up and meet for meals and some family time. We couldn't do the entire trip together, since we all wanted to do other things.

raremerebear

Welcome!! My little ones are 4 & 2 also. We've done character dinners at Liberty Tree Tavern & the Crystal Palace, they're great b/c you get a lot of time and different pics with the characters. As far as rides go, not to be missed with mine are Buzz Lightyear, POTC, Haunted Mansion, IASWAA (beware the song!), Peter Pan - and basically all of Fantasyland :) I know some people don't enjoy it b/c it's a plain ride, but my 2YO LOVED Dumbo, watching him laugh & smile just made my heart melt!

Like in previous posts, the weather here in July is brutal. Keep the little ones (and yourself) hydrated.

I would also make a point to see Spectromagic, the lights just mesmerize them. Most of all relax & enjoy your trip - you'll have such wonderful memories for years to come :sohappy:

Craig & Lisa

Im planning a trip to disney world next year in july and Ill be bringing along 2 children ages 2 and 4 what should I expect being a first timer?What attractions are are must see must do?:)
The one thing you have....HAVE to do is almost half way thru the day is go back to your resort and take a nap, and that means everybody. Or else you will regret it, big time. Getting your second wind will help everybody.

ThinkTink721

Thank you all for your feedback it is very much appreciated.
So far I think the most important thing is to pace myself and plan ahead.There are so many things to do in disney world and god knows id like to get a chance to do everything but I may not get a chance to but what i am able to do ill make sure its a enjoyable time for me and the kids.
Love the dining options..which restaurant does minnie usually hang out at? I love her..
Believe me, I have been 3 times & I have not done everything.
Things are added & changed.
Some things never change (Dumbo, etc.)
Just make the most of every minute.
The most important thing is that you are spending time w/ your kids.
You can't replace the memories!
:)
I have seen Minnie at:
Chef Mickey (Contemporary Resort)
Mickey's Backyard BBQ (Fort Wilderness Resort)
Liberty Tree Tavern (Liberty Square at the Magic Kingdom)
Toontown (at the Magic Kingdom)
These are the places where I have seen her.
Don't forget an autograph book, pen & a camera!
:D :wave:

magicalmickey

Original Poster
The one thing you have....HAVE to do is almost half way thru the day is go back to your resort and take a nap, and that means everybody. Or else you will regret it, big time. Getting your second wind will help everybody.
Thanks for tip gonna really need lots of rest because I know my kids are gonna keep me pretty busy their favorite character is Mickey of course..

cdunbar

o magicalmickey you will go, fall in love, and want to return every year! Folks I think we might a future disney freak in the making! As someone who was literally raised on disney property, my parents took me every weekend till I was like 10, you will be amazed that something as detailed as this can be created in today's society where details are a very unimportant thing!:sohappy:

ROEFan88

I have been to Walt Disney World 7 times, and have still not seen and done everything. Every time I go there are new things to enjoy - the last time I went was September '06. so I have yet to see The Seas, Nemo The Musical or Gran Fiesta. I look forward to the new SSE come November!

I would suggest that you prioritize the nighttime entertainment - the three evening shows are truly incredible and a testament to the magic of Disney, and the talent of the Imagineers. The parades are great too - don't miss them!

Enjoy your trip! :)

ThinkTink721

Thanks for tip gonna really need lots of rest because I know my kids are gonna keep me pretty busy their favorite character is Mickey of course..
Places To Meet Mickey:
Toontown Fair at the MK
Chef Mickey at the Contemporary Resort
Mickey's Backyard BBQ dinner show at Fort Wilderness
Cape May Cafe' breakfast at the Beach Club Resort
'Ohana's Best Friend breakfast at the Polynesian Resort
Donald's Restaurantosaurus at the AK
The Liberty Tree Tavern dinner at the MK
The Garden Grill Restaurant at Epcot
I'm sure there are more, but these are the ones that came to mind.
Have a great trip!
:wave:

ThinkTink721

I have been to Walt Disney World 7 times, and have still not seen and done everything. Every time I go there are new things to enjoy - the last time I went was September '06. so I have yet to see The Seas, Nemo The Musical or Gran Fiesta. I look forward to the new SSE come November!

I would suggest that you prioritize the nighttime entertainment - the three evening shows are truly incredible and a testament to the magic of Disney, and the talent of the Imagineers. The parades are great too - don't miss them!

Enjoy your trip! :)
We went last summer, so we haven't seen Nemo & Friends at Epcot or Finding Nemo the Musical at the AK.
We also have not seen The Laughing Floor w/ Monsters, Inc. at the MK.
Our kids missed the Pirates of the Caribbean because of a refurb.
The Liberty Belle Riverboat was also closed for a refurb during our visit.
Will be there in 109 days!!!
:sohappy: :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom