Very busy Fantasmic shows with reduced performances

petersenjp

Grrrrrrr

We were down there the 3rd -12th of January, and of course, we were one of the lucky ones NOT to see the show. Luckily my wife and I have seen it before, and she is a good hearted person, but I know she would have loved to seen it again.

Here is one of my concerns with the reduction of shows......Dining....For people who dont live on the boards, they say on the website to check the times guide. Then when you get down there, you already have you dining reservations and they are on the same night as the show. To bad, guess your out of luck!!!! :fork:

drew81

I was at Hollywood Studios on the 12th and let me tell you the real story behind FANTASMIC on this fateful night. The crowds this day were high but not super high (the longest wait was for TSM at 120 minutes). The other waits were 30 minutes or less. The problem on this day was the BRAZILLIAN TOUR GROUPS - THEY WERE EVERYWHERE!!!!! My boyfriend and I were coming out of Hollywood Tower of Terror at 430pm when all the tour groups headed to the Fantasmic Theater to meet and regroup. 90 minutes before show time - the tour groups had taken up a good portion of the theater - that on top of the guests of the park - it was a MESS!!! Parents were irate, children were crying and I was upset. People went to guest relations to complain (including me) but no one cared. The tour groups took up the seats. The reduced scheduale is horrible, I only got to see my favorite show once.

BEWARE OF THE TOUR GROUPS!!!!

I think from now on if anyone wants a good seat they better be there at least 2 hours before show time.

Scott in GB

I was there last week and I will agree with the other posters about the Brazillian tour groups. It was horrible last Thursday. As one of the only days with Fantasimic every tour group on property was at Hollywood Studios. The crowds were much higher than normal even for MLK week.

The worst part was that Disney didn't think this through and add shows to compensate for the additional crowds. There were only 2 shows of Lights, Motors, Action and Indy and they overlapped. Both were standing room only and they turned people away from the LMA show I was at.

Fast passes for Mania were gone around 10:30. It is frustraiting to watch the tour leaders plug 50 tickets at a crack into the fastpass machines.

We didn't have park hoppers so we were stuck there. We ended up bailing by 5:30. It just wasn't worth it anymore. My wife stopped at guest relations and complained and I am shooting them an email today. Very shortsighted planning. Worst day by far of the trip and we were in the parks every day of MLK weekend.

Scott

lightboy

Well just to let you all know...your complaining efforts ARE making changes! Keep up the good work!

Studios is getting RECORD complaints on a daily basis regarding Fantasmic...even on days there ARE shows (house closing early due to capacity). Thus you are seeing added shows.

DO keep in mind, there will come a point, where Disney will shoot themselves in the foot...and performers, costumers, and technicians will refuse to force extend their shifts into overtime...and a second performance will not be able to happen.

Your complaints ARE being heard and felt hard. Keep them coming, that's the ONLY way things get changed. When guest satisifaction goes down, Disney does quick knee-jerk reactions to try to get it back up to satisfactory levels. (Unfortunately, I think they shouldn't make poor decisions in the first place)

Stick it to the man, keep on it!

Even if you got to see the show...file a complaint anyway!!

ptaylor

Premium Member
Things like this dont help at all. I took this a week ago, on a very busy weekend. The Studios parking lot was almost full, and there were several thousand cheerleaders in the park. On entering the park you are greeted by this:

Attachments

• small03965.jpg
    small03965.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 61

drew81

Well just to let you all know...your complaining efforts ARE making changes! Keep up the good work!

Studios is getting RECORD complaints on a daily basis regarding Fantasmic...even on days there ARE shows (house closing early due to capacity). Thus you are seeing added shows.

DO keep in mind, there will come a point, where Disney will shoot themselves in the foot...and performers, costumers, and technicians will refuse to force extend their shifts into overtime...and a second performance will not be able to happen.

Your complaints ARE being heard and felt hard. Keep them coming, that's the ONLY way things get changed. When guest satisifaction goes down, Disney does quick knee-jerk reactions to try to get it back up to satisfactory levels. (Unfortunately, I think they shouldn't make poor decisions in the first place)

Stick it to the man, keep on it!

Even if you got to see the show...file a complaint anyway!!

Good! I'm glad that guests are continuing to complain. And like last Thursday when 11 people left....what will they do when no one wants to extend? Then they will have even more complaints.

Good! I'm glad that guests are continuing to complain. And like last Thursday when 11 people left....what will they do when no one wants to extend? Then they will have even more complaints.

And also last Thursday was an rehearsal for CDCT at MK! So many of those performers were not able to come in for an extra show because they had rehearsal.

brent2124

Things like this dont help at all. I took this a week ago, on a very busy weekend. The Studios parking lot was almost full, and there were several thousand cheerleaders in the park. On entering the park you are greeted by this:

I was there for this and left after lunch. Im not sure how long it was down but Rock N Rollercoaster was down for atleast the 45 mins prior to us leaving the park. I know it was still down when we left becasue i was stuck on it just before the launch. Way too crowded day at DHS for an AP who can come back again another time but for people with one day non hoppers it was hell at disney!

Club Cooloholic

I thought Fantasmic was dangerously crowded before, and I was there in early September, the supposed off season! It does not help that there is only one way in and out of there. If crowds continue to increase and be max capacity all the time, isn't there a chance of of stampede or something?

disney9752

I thought Fantasmic was dangerously crowded before, and I was there in early September, the supposed off season! It does not help that there is only one way in and out of there. If crowds continue to increase and be max capacity all the time, isn't there a chance of of stampede or something?

Stampede or not, thats one reason reedy creek sets capacity at a certain number & cm's shouldnt allow any people beyond that into the area. :wave:

Tinkrbell

I'm hearing there was a double F! last night, the 26th. True? When did that decision get made?
That decision was made I believe either last Friday or last Saturday morning. I dont remember which day my schedule showed the change. I didnt post anything about it because in the past I have been told that there are 2 shows & then the schedule changes back & forth about how many shows there are & I didnt want people to be planning on there being a 2nd show & there not being one.

WDW1974

I find it amusing that when they really need all the money (LOCALS -- APers) they can get, Disney on a HOLIDAY WEEKEND doesn't present one of its signature shows at all.

Magical!

jt04

I find it amusing that when they really need all the money (LOCALS -- APers) they can get, Disney on a HOLIDAY WEEKEND doesn't present one of its signature shows at all.

Magical!

I'm an "APer" and after seeing the show for the second time I have one word......B-O-R-I-N-G!

Funny how everything at WDW that has been built in the last several years gets shredded on this forum and the one attraction that probably deserves to be critisized, gets a pass. As a proud APer, I really don't care if they shut that show down for good and put something interesting in that spot.

CaptainMichael

I'm an "APer" and after seeing the show for the second time I have one word......B-O-R-I-N-G!

Funny how everything at WDW that has been built in the last several years gets shredded on this forum and the one attraction that probably deserves to be critisized, gets a pass. As a proud APer, I really don't care if they shut that show down for good and put something interesting in that spot.

How about they replace Fantasmic! with more family shopping and dining venues?

jt04

How about they replace Fantasmic! with more family shopping and dining venues?

No I was thinking more along the lines of a Indiana Jones Adventure roller coaster/log flume hybrid. Something like Sea Worlds Atlantis ride but with the Disney touch. Just something not so boring. Fantasmic is over produced and too long, too loud and the storyline is weak. This is the one attraction I think is cheap "walmarting" and not up to Disney quality. Just my 2 cents.

SirGoofy

Wow. You are honestly the first person I have ever heard diss Fantasmic! Everyone of my friends says Fantasmic! is by far the best nighttime entertainment Disney has to offer in the parks, and I agree with them. Give me 100 more attractions like Fantasmic! any day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom