Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

DisneyCane

Never underestimate how cheap a person can be. If it worked in CA, I bet it would work in FL.
A far lower percentage of guests at DL are willing to go into a huge amount of credit card debt and risk bankruptcy for their once in a lifetime, perfect Disney vacation.

At WDW you'd probably have to charge $50 to suppress demand enough.

MurphyJoe

A far lower percentage of guests at DL are willing to go into a huge amount of credit card debt and risk bankruptcy for their once in a lifetime, perfect Disney vacation.

If Universal can get $59.99 during the off season, Disney surely can as well.

"Universal Express Pass prices range from $59.99 for a one-park single-use pass in slow season to $259.99 for a two-park unlimited pass on a holiday; the top-tier passes are significantly cheaper when bundled with a park-to-park multiday pass." Universal Express - Touring Plans

In Disney's case I'd expect $259.99+ for an all-you-can-ride extravaganza during holidays for one park if they went this route.

macefamily

When we were at Universal this past September they actually shut down some Stand By queues by 1:00 PM because the Express Passes overran the standard passes. So, if you didn't have an Express Pass you weren't going to ride that attraction. We couldn't ride the Potter rides, Mummy, Kong, Spiderman, Transformers, or Hulk.

Touchdown

"Universal Express Pass prices range from $59.99 for a one-park single-use pass in slow season to $259.99 for a two-park unlimited pass on a holiday; the top-tier passes are significantly cheaper when bundled with a park-to-park multiday pass." Universal Express - Touring Plans

In Disney's case I'd expect $259.99+ for an all-you-can-ride extravaganza during holidays for one park if they went this route.
Express guaranteed you an express to every ride x1, Maxpass guarantees you nothing, other then booking FP on a phone. They are very different products.

Jrb1979

It should be a lot more then that. Make it over $100 per person per day. It's got to be priced high enough that it deters most from buying it.

TTA94

Whatever gets announced I hope it’s not a immediate drop and everyone starts to scramble all at once to make reservations, FPS, whatever.

runnsally

I always figured WDW has a financial incentive to promote advanced planning - folks more likely to factor in upcharge events, get locked in to more expensive dining reservations, etc, and in general be more engaged with the company over a longer period of time. Hopefully, we’ll see soon...

aliceismad

Never underestimate how cheap a person can be. If it worked in CA, I bet it would work in FL.
DLR is heavily attended by locals who go multiple times per year and may not be phased by missing a certain ride on a certain day. WDW is heavily attended by people who have saved for years to be able to go on this one trip or people who have come from states or countries away. Seems like they would be much more likely to pay a small add-on charge in order to experience as much as they can.

Jrb1979

I may be in the minority but I strongly prefer advance reservations than say the current system for boarding groups. Getting up at 7 AM 60 days before my vacation is acceptable to me. Having to wake up at 7 AM on my vacation is not.
My idea is you wouldn't be able to do that either. I'm hoping they make it similar to Shanghai's and you have to buy attraction packages. It's only available once in the park.

Tabby1395

Universal Express unlimited ( 2 Park) last weekend was priced @ $309.00 per person for Friday April 2nd.
In fact it was cheaper to buy a room at a premier property then it was to stay at the double tree and buy the express passes.

DisneyCane

Not that they'd listen to me but what I think they should do with FP going forward is:

1) Get rid of the reservations and turn it into an app/kiosk based version of the original paper FP system. Use the same rules that you can only hold 1 FP at a time unless the return window is over two hours away.

2) Have a maximum number of FP per day for each person. Maybe something like 4 for guests not staying at a Disney Resort, 5 if you are staying at a Disney resort. Then sell add-ons at like $5 per FP if you want more, charged as you book them in the app.

To prevent the popular rides from running out of FPs before 11 AM, they can only distribute return slots for a capped amount of time from the current time. If you made that cap 3 hours, for example, no ride could run out of FPs until 3 hours before closing.

kong1802

Not that they'd listen to me but what I think they should do with FP going forward is:

1) Get rid of the reservations and turn it into an app/kiosk based version of the original paper FP system. Use the same rules that you can only hold 1 FP at a time unless the return window is over two hours away.

2) Have a maximum number of FP per day for each person. Maybe something like 4 for guests not staying at a Disney Resort, 5 if you are staying at a Disney resort. Then sell add-ons at like $5 per FP if you want more, charged as you book them in the app.

To prevent the popular rides from running out of FPs before 11 AM, they can only distribute return slots for a capped amount of time from the current time. If you made that cap 3 hours, for example, no ride could run out of FPs until 3 hours before closing.

I'd be fine with this (not like they would care lol), but I think the per FP price would be way higher, closer to $20 per.

Jrb1979

I wouldn't even do that. The only way to limit FP is to charge a premium for it. Follow Shanghai and charge $100 per person for 8 attractions

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom