• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

Jrb1979

Not that they'd listen to me but what I think they should do with FP going forward is:

1) Get rid of the reservations and turn it into an app/kiosk based version of the original paper FP system. Use the same rules that you can only hold 1 FP at a time unless the return window is over two hours away.

2) Have a maximum number of FP per day for each person. Maybe something like 4 for guests not staying at a Disney Resort, 5 if you are staying at a Disney resort. Then sell add-ons at like $5 per FP if you want more, charged as you book them in the app.

To prevent the popular rides from running out of FPs before 11 AM, they can only distribute return slots for a capped amount of time from the current time. If you made that cap 3 hours, for example, no ride could run out of FPs until 3 hours before closing.
I wouldn't even do that. The only way to limit FP is to charge a premium for it. Follow Shanghai and charge $100 per person for 8 attractions

Tabby1395

I could see a 3 tiered fast pass offering @WDW, that follows same system as Shanghai

Probably a Multi Park Offering for 1 day of your vacation

And then a One Park Offering by Day

And then a Vacation long offering. ( They obviously give you a cut on the per day price if you take this one)

I cant see them moving to a pay per use fast pass system on either coast, only way they would do this is if its a live dynamic pricing model based on the current wait time, but that could get ugly fast from a PR perspective being compared to uber ext

rle4lunch

Original Poster
Any updates on the FP 'on' glitch that was talked about last week? We're heading down to the world on the 24th, so if there is a possibility of any sort of FP turning on, I'd like to get ahead of it.

jamos140

Any updates on the FP 'on' glitch that was talked about last week? We're heading down to the world on the 24th, so if there is a possibility of any sort of FP turning on, I'd like to get ahead of it.

It was the app's built in way of seeing if their was park reservations. Somebody interpreted the code wrong when they made that guess.

So no FP coming ..

JakeAZ

It was the app's built in way of seeing if their was park reservations. Somebody interpreted the code wrong when they made that guess.

So no FP coming ..

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    678 KB · Views: 1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom