Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

Rodan75

To clarify a few things, since I can:

“Free” FP will still be available as they are now. However they may not be free for the more popular attractions, or the ratio of “free” fast passes for the more popular attractions may be reduced. The ratio may be fluid, or alter over time. You may find you can’t get a “free” fastpass for Mine Train since they’ve “all run out” but you may then magically be able to pay for one.

There may be at least three different packages of paid fast pass available. As I understand it there maybe a limit on re rides (no more fast passing BTM then getting another one in the same day)

This may be implemented on the newest and shiniest attractions first, once said attractions begin to take fastpass. The ratio here will possibly start quite low in favour of free passes and slowly be altered.

This may happen later this year.

That evolution vs. revolution approach would make sense. And provide justification and a dedicated revenue stream for new attractions.

This could get pretty scary if you think of it as 'in-app purchases' when you are waiting in a 180min line and a FP+ Platinum pass is available for that ride for $20 or $30, that suddenly feels 'worth it' for a smaller party and rack up a lot of charges to your account without really thinking about it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
"We're sorry, no complimentary FastPass+ reservations are available for this day. May we suggest Premium FastPass+ reservations, for only an additional $49.99/day/person?"

Translation: Sorry, chump, the 100 free FastPass+ reservation times are long gone. Time to pay up of you want Johnnie and Susie to ride anything without a huge wait.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

“Free” FP will still be available as they are now. However they may not be free for the more popular attractions, or the ratio of “free” fast passes for the more popular attractions may be reduced. The ratio may be fluid, or alter over time. You may find you can’t get a “free” fastpass for Mine Train since they’ve “all run out” but you may then magically be able to pay for one.

There may be at least three different packages of paid fast pass available. As I understand it there maybe a limit on re rides (no more fast passing BTM then getting another one in the same day)

This may be implemented on the newest and shiniest attractions first, once said attractions begin to take fastpass. The ratio here will possibly start quite low in favour of free passes and slowly change.

Obviously #FakeNews. Don't you remember all those people who said Disney would NEVER monetize the FastPass system??? They couldn't be wrong... could they? :hilarious:

LuvWDW2

This may be implemented on the newest and shiniest attractions first, once said attractions begin to take fastpass. The ratio here will possibly start quite low in favour of free passes and slowly change.

The last line is most intriguing for me. So 2019 trips may be as we know it today?

seascape

Will there be an annual pass option?

bubbles1812

This is the part I really don't like. Hopefully they don't go this way. Or they provide a paid option.
Yeah, that concerned me too. Sometimes I get lucky and pick up FP for the popular rides later in the day. This would upset me if I'm severely limited on my chances to re-ride some of the rides. I guess I have to hope there's a premium option that allows re-rides? [Which is stupid. I don't want it to change at all. But if it's inevitable... I guess this just means I do more urgent care shifts this year. 🙄] The person who apparently trialed whatever the system is, as mentioned at the beginning of the thread, got multiple FOP rides per day.

@marni1971 Does it mean there will be only a limit on re-rides with FP [say 3?] or you really will only get one opportunity? I feel like this is something that could cause the most resistance.

DisneyCane

It is going to be like watching a train wreck happen in slow motion. This is going to be one of those changes that every guest will notice. “You mean I have to pay extra for that now?” Onsite resort guests get the biggest “FU” because their $500/night room is just that a $500/night room with no tangible perks anymore.

I’m not an expert in queuing theory, but wasn’t the entire concept of FP to enhance utilization and spread the lines out? On a popular attraction there would be a longer wait, but fewer people in the standby line. Seems like this new direction being taken is saying that FP really didn’t have any advantage after all and the old system worked best. Seems like a step backwards. But as mentioned it will be the haves va the have nots.
The original FP concept was the theory that people would buy food or merchandise while waiting in the "virtual queue."

Apparently they discovered that the only way to monetize the investment is to actually charge for it.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Will there be an annual pass option?
Yeah, that concerned me too. Sometimes I get lucky and pick up FP for the popular rides later in the day. This would upset me if I'm severely limited on my chances to re-ride some of the rides. I guess I have to hope there's a premium option that allows re-rides? [Which is stupid. I don't want it to change at all. But if it's inevitable... I guess this just means I do more urgent care shifts this year. 🙄] The person who apparently trialed whatever the system is, as mentioned at the beginning of the thread, got multiple FOP rides per day.

@marni1971 Does it mean there will be only a limit on re-rides with FP [say 3?] or you really will only get one opportunity? I feel like this is something that could cause the most resistance.
That’s everything I can share for now.

DisneyCane

As a local AP, I can't ever get FP+ for things like FoP and SDMT anyway. If they reduce the free inventory for those it will just mean I STILL can't ever get one.

seascape

The original FP concept was the theory that people would buy food or merchandise while waiting in the "virtual queue."

Apparently they discovered that the only way to monetize the investment is to actually charge for it.
Charging for it would make them just like Six Flags and Universal. My Six Flags annual pass does include 2 from of line passes though. Maybe WDW can do the same for Platinum Plus passes. I have one and only need to have it one day. So give everone 3 tier 2 fast passes only available the same say, people staying on property one additional tier 1 and one tier 2 every day they stay bookable 60 days in advance, and Platinum Plus passholders one additional tier 1 every day. Then charge for extra tier 1 fast passes. That way those staying onsite get a benefit, everyone gets 3 fast passes and Disney makes extra money getting people to upgrade their annual passes to Platinum Plus and finally can sell tier 1 fast passes.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is the part I really don't like. Hopefully they don't go this way. Or they provide a paid option.

To clarify further, not all offers may have this limit. But some might (I just amended my original post too)

Last edited:

SteveAZee

Martin... do you know if those of us who already have park tickets and room reservations are impacted by this change? I would guess so (it would be more complicated to keep 'grandfathered' people separate) but I can always hope not. 😕

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

There may be at least three different packages of paid fast pass available. As I understand it there maybe a limit on re rides (no more fast passing BTM then getting another one in the same day) depending on the product purchased.

So the system remains the same, however the number of available FPS are now segmented into free/paid. This ratio will be dynamic and vary between attractions.

So for guest staying on property the 60 day window becomes even more competitive, for guests and AP holders not staying on property you can now get primo FP by paying for them, while not having to pay for a Disney Hotel.

Unknown if the 30/60/90 day date window changes with the premium option, or if there will be an AP option.

For pricing you already have a rough idea of cost. Disney signature services charge $50/day minimum 3 days. So that may be the upper limit for some packages.

Overall yet another way to devalue the on-site guest.

Sarah1024

So the system remains the same, however the number of available FPS are now segmented into free/paid. This ratio will be dynamic and vary between attractions.

So for guest staying on property the 60 day window becomes even more competitive, for guests and AP holders not staying on property you can now get primo FP by paying for them, while not having to pay for a Disney Hotel.

Unknown if the 30/60/90 day date window changes with the premium option, or if there will be an AP option.

For pricing you already have a rough idea of cost. Disney signature services charge $50/day minimum 3 days. So that may be the upper limit for some packages.

Overall yet another way to devalue the on-site guest.
Why does this devalue the on site guest? They should still be able to book before off site guests, no?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom