• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

Angel Ariel

Do we think this will be announced and implemented THIS year? Or announced in the next few months to begin with 2020 packages being sold? It's kind of rude to change the rules on packages people bought a year ago!
I’m assuming these changes are to go along with Galaxys edge, so I would expect whatever they do to be implemented this year.

Sarah1024

Advertisement
I’m assuming these changes are to go along with Galaxys edge, so I would expect whatever they do to be implemented this year.
The uncertainty is killing me slowly!

Touchdown

I would also assume that if they limit free FP they will take away the ability to book more once you have used them. If they limit everyone to just one FP a day, then there should be plenty of inventory for the people who pay to get great FPs most of the day.

Grimley1968

I'm not necessarily opposed to a paid FP system, since the added cost will reduce lines slightly for those who pay for this, and I'd also love to see the pre-park arrival reservations go away (if it ends up being like the Disneyland version).

But since legacy FP was restricted with the arrival of FP+, and with the arrival of paid parking at resorts, and a host of other things that used to be free which now aren't, no one should be surprised that Disney would charge money for one more thing (FP) that used to be free.

Sarah1024

I would also assume that if they limit free FP they will take away the ability to book more once you have used them. If they limit everyone to just one FP a day, then there should be plenty of inventory for the people who pay to get great FPs most of the day.
I think you can still get day of FP's for free. You can hardly get the headliners anyways. It would be a MAJOR game changer for Disney to drop this, and impact the way a lot of people vacation! That would get a lot of blow-back too.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
If FastPass goes to paid - yes the Fastpass lines will be shorter - but I havent usually found the FP lines to be an issue or THAT long.

But the regular lines will EXPLODE as all the people that used to use the free FP and dont want to pay go to to the regular lines.

I would prefer the ability to buy ADDITIONAL Fastpasses....but needs to be expensive enough that the FP lines don't get longer to your original point.

There's an odd request: Disney please make something MORE expensive!
Attractions that used to be a walk on, wouldn’t be a wal on anymore. The only reason there are lines for attractions like Figment, Nemo, Little Mermaid, Spaceship earth, and other “eh” or omnimover Attractions is because people snag Fastpasses for Attractions they normally wouldn’t go to.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
To clarify a few things, since I now can:

“Free” FP will still be available as they are now. However they may not be free for the more popular attractions, or the ratio of “free” fast passes for the more popular attractions may be reduced. The ratio may be fluid, or alter over time. You may find you can’t get a “free” fastpass for Mine Train since they’ve “all run out” but you may then magically be able to pay for one.

There may be at least three different packages of paid fast pass available. As I understand it there maybe a limit on re rides (no more fast passing BTM then getting another one in the same day) depending on the product purchased.

This may be implemented on the newest and shiniest attractions first, once said attractions begin to take fastpass. The ratio here will possibly start quite low in favour of free passes and slowly change.

This may happen later this year.

Last edited:

Rodan75

To clarify a few things, since I can:

“Free” FP will still be available as they are now. However they may not be free for the more popular attractions, or the ratio of “free” fast passes for the more popular attractions may be reduced. The ratio may be fluid, or alter over time. You may find you can’t get a “free” fastpass for Mine Train since they’ve “all run out” but you may then magically be able to pay for one.

There may be at least three different packages of paid fast pass available. As I understand it there maybe a limit on re rides (no more fast passing BTM then getting another one in the same day)

This may be implemented on the newest and shiniest attractions first, once said attractions begin to take fastpass. The ratio here will possibly start quite low in favour of free passes and slowly be altered.

That evolution vs. revolution approach would make sense. And provide justification and a dedicated revenue stream for new attractions.

This could get pretty scary if you think of it as 'in-app purchases' when you are waiting in a 180min line and a FP+ Platinum pass is available for that ride for $20 or $30, that suddenly feels 'worth it' for a smaller party and rack up a lot of charges to your account without really thinking about it.

HauntedPirate

Premium Member
"We're sorry, no complimentary FastPass+ reservations are available for this day. May we suggest Premium FastPass+ reservations, for only an additional $49.99/day/person?"

Translation: Sorry, chump, the 100 free FastPass+ reservation times are long gone. Time to pay up of you want Johnnie and Susie to ride anything without a huge wait.

HauntedPirate

Premium Member

There may be at least three different packages of paid fast pass available. As I understand it there maybe a limit on re rides (no more fast passing BTM then getting another one in the same day)

This may be implemented on the newest and shiniest attractions first, once said attractions begin to take fastpass. The ratio here will possibly start quite low in favour of free passes and slowly change.

Obviously #FakeNews. Don't you remember all those people who said Disney would NEVER monetize the FastPass system??? They couldn't be wrong... could they? :hilarious:

LuvWDW2

The last line is most intriguing for me. So 2019 trips may be as we know it today?

seascape

Will there be an annual pass option?

bubbles1812

This is the part I really don't like. Hopefully they don't go this way. Or they provide a paid option.
Yeah, that concerned me too. Sometimes I get lucky and pick up FP for the popular rides later in the day. This would upset me if I'm severely limited on my chances to re-ride some of the rides. I guess I have to hope there's a premium option that allows re-rides? [Which is stupid. I don't want it to change at all. But if it's inevitable... I guess this just means I do more urgent care shifts this year. 🙄] The person who apparently trialed whatever the system is, as mentioned at the beginning of the thread, got multiple FOP rides per day.

@marni1971 Does it mean there will be only a limit on re-rides with FP [say 3?] or you really will only get one opportunity? I feel like this is something that could cause the most resistance.

DisneyCane

It is going to be like watching a train wreck happen in slow motion. This is going to be one of those changes that every guest will notice. “You mean I have to pay extra for that now?” Onsite resort guests get the biggest “FU” because their $500/night room is just that a $500/night room with no tangible perks anymore.

I’m not an expert in queuing theory, but wasn’t the entire concept of FP to enhance utilization and spread the lines out? On a popular attraction there would be a longer wait, but fewer people in the standby line. Seems like this new direction being taken is saying that FP really didn’t have any advantage after all and the old system worked best. Seems like a step backwards. But as mentioned it will be the haves va the have nots.
The original FP concept was the theory that people would buy food or merchandise while waiting in the "virtual queue."

Apparently they discovered that the only way to monetize the investment is to actually charge for it.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Will there be an annual pass option?
Yeah, that concerned me too. Sometimes I get lucky and pick up FP for the popular rides later in the day. This would upset me if I'm severely limited on my chances to re-ride some of the rides. I guess I have to hope there's a premium option that allows re-rides? [Which is stupid. I don't want it to change at all. But if it's inevitable... I guess this just means I do more urgent care shifts this year. 🙄] The person who apparently trialed whatever the system is, as mentioned at the beginning of the thread, got multiple FOP rides per day.

@marni1971 Does it mean there will be only a limit on re-rides with FP [say 3?] or you really will only get one opportunity? I feel like this is something that could cause the most resistance.
That’s everything I can share for now.

Top Bottom