Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

Tabby1395

I could see a 3 tiered fast pass offering @WDW, that follows same system as Shanghai

Probably a Multi Park Offering for 1 day of your vacation

And then a One Park Offering by Day

And then a Vacation long offering. ( They obviously give you a cut on the per day price if you take this one)

I cant see them moving to a pay per use fast pass system on either coast, only way they would do this is if its a live dynamic pricing model based on the current wait time, but that could get ugly fast from a PR perspective being compared to uber ext

rle4lunch

Original Poster
Any updates on the FP 'on' glitch that was talked about last week? We're heading down to the world on the 24th, so if there is a possibility of any sort of FP turning on, I'd like to get ahead of it.

jamos140

Any updates on the FP 'on' glitch that was talked about last week? We're heading down to the world on the 24th, so if there is a possibility of any sort of FP turning on, I'd like to get ahead of it.

It was the app's built in way of seeing if their was park reservations. Somebody interpreted the code wrong when they made that guess.

So no FP coming ..

JakeAZ

It was the app's built in way of seeing if their was park reservations. Somebody interpreted the code wrong when they made that guess.

So no FP coming ..

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    678 KB · Views: 61

havoc315

The park pass system was certainly cloned from the FP system.

Pretty sure the FP system is still there, it’s just turned off right now.

It appears they used the infrastructure of the FP system to accommodate the park reservation system.
It’s not like they permanently deleted the FP code but it actually could make it more complicated to bring it back. Can’t just be turned back on.

The odds seem against the return of the pre-existing FP+ system.

nickys

Premium Member
It appears they used the infrastructure of the FP system to accommodate the park reservation system.
It’s not like they permanently deleted the FP code but it actually could make it more complicated to bring it back. Can’t just be turned back on.

The odds seem against the return of the pre-existing FP+ system.
I agree the odds aren’t good for the return of FP+

bdearl41

I could see a 3 tiered fast pass offering @WDW, that follows same system as Shanghai

Probably a Multi Park Offering for 1 day of your vacation

And then a One Park Offering by Day

And then a Vacation long offering. ( They obviously give you a cut on the per day price if you take this one)

I cant see them moving to a pay per use fast pass system on either coast, only way they would do this is if its a live dynamic pricing model based on the current wait time, but that could get ugly fast from a PR perspective being compared to uber ext
Talk about testing the market value of ride values. We would get a quick idea of Max time waits for rides.

I was scrolling one of the DVC member newsfeeds this morning on Facebook and someone dropped on instagram how her and her family were able to do multiple FOP rides in one day due to something new that was coming out in May, but she couldn't go into detail just yet. Lots of comments were thinking that MaxPass will be showing up in WDW.

I searched the WDW forums and it doesn't look like this has been discussed yet. If it has, please delete and or send me to the right thread. Thx.
What is fop?

CJR

Not until they ease social distancing. Which is topical right now, so watch this space.

I will add that just because they can do so doesn’t mean that DIsney will do so immediately.

That's exactly it. The Fastpass lines are still being used right now, for DAS mostly, and can actually back up pretty far for some attractions. FP won't be back until that issue is resolved, and that's the earliest possible time point.

Jon81uk

If they offered something similar for a similar price at WDW, 80% of the guests would buy it and it wouldn't be useful.

It should be a lot more then that. Make it over $100 per person per day. It's got to be priced high enough that it deters most from buying it.

All MaxPass got you is the ability to collect “paper” Fastpass on your phone. You were at very little advantage over those who don’t buy it so I don’t think there was a need to up the price. Things like Universal Express pass that guarantee low waits need higher prices to limit the amount of users. Whereas with MaxPass it didn’t really matter if everyone in the park paid for it, as everyone in the park could collect the same Fastpass at the kiosk.

peter11435

All MaxPass got you is the ability to collect “paper” Fastpass on your phone. You were at very little advantage over those who don’t buy it so I don’t think there was a need to up the price. Things like Universal Express pass that guarantee low waits need higher prices to limit the amount of users. Whereas with MaxPass it didn’t really matter if everyone in the park paid for it, as everyone in the park could collect the same Fastpass at the kiosk.
Correct. Although there were frequently earlier times being distributed through max pass than via paper due to how the system handled cancelled and modified inventory. This also sometimes allowed max pass users to acquire fastpasses after paper tickets had already finished distributing.

Touchdown

Correct. Although there were frequently earlier times being distributed through max pass than via paper due to how the system handled cancelled and modified inventory. This also sometimes allowed max pass users to acquire fastpasses after paper tickets had already finished distributing.
For those of us savey enough it was a great system. When I rope dropped DL starting 1-2 hours after opening I would start amassing DCA FP for the afternoon, and at about 1-2 pm would waltz over there and ride every FP attraction using FPs for 3 hours (I did cheat and use the SRL at RSR) and riding non FP rides in between. Then by the time I broke for dinner I had done most of the major rides at both parks and I was booking repeat rides on my favorites at DL.

Jrb1979

I'm still amazed so many like Disney's system at all. I've been to lots of parks the last few years and most have the same system as Universal. No planning involved, ride what you want when you want and the best part, there is no "if everyone has FP nobody has FP" attached to it.

It's great for those who like to ride things multiple times

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom