Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

nickys

Premium Member
You do know that UK visitors can book 21 days worth (with the appropriate ticket) at the 60 day mark so guests can have a FP+ 81 days in advance...

I’ve done that. Except you can only book 14 days at the 60 day mark. You then get a rolling window to open days 15 onwards. So you can hold 21 days worth but not at the 60 day window, you’d need to wait until 53 days out to have booked them all.

Well here’s a news flash. It’s called raking the customer. It’s a pay to play scenario ladies and gentleman. The more you pay, the more you will play. Disney is raking our pockets. In the end will it work....... of course. Disney Workd has become a right passage in this country for most families and paying to play quicker is every families dream...... now if you can afford it!
My opinion, you stay on property, you should be the ONLY PEOPLE getting this option. Just my opinion.... good luck to all on the lines!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well here’s a news flash. It’s called raking the customer. It’s a pay to play scenario ladies and gentleman. The more you pay, the more you will play. Disney is raking our pockets. In the end will it work....... of course. Disney Workd has become a right passage in this country for most families and paying to play quicker is every families dream...... now if you can afford it!
My opinion, you stay on property, you should be the ONLY PEOPLE getting this option. Just my opinion.... good luck to all on the lines!

Walt's original tiered ticket system was also pay to play going by your use of the term.

Kman101

MDE has been glitching for 4 years. At some point we need to acknowledge that it's not a glitch and it doesn't work.

MDE is awful.

But lately it's worked better for me, actually (maybe I just got lucky?). It still crashes sometimes though. Not sure if an app problem or a phone problem.

And hey, we're a month away. Where's the WDW MaxPass+ (you know they'd add a +) at? LOL

Not saying paid options aren't coming. I've never had any doubts they've talked about it and are likely going to implement something at some point.

Kman101

I'm curious what the new loopholes are. I thought they've done a pretty good job of closing those.

They need to simplify the Fastpass system and it solves 95% of the problems with the app.

My suggestion is either revert back to the legacy rules or take the following proposal:
  • Eliminate tiers
  • Resort guests get 1 advanced booking and 1 additional booking upon entering a park
  • Non-resort guests get 2 bookings upon entering the park.
  • Upon use of any Fastpass it opens up the ability to make another selection. Once in the park, everyone can "roll" 2 Fastpasses.
  • To further simplify it, I'd say that other than the advanced bookings all same day Fastpasses would be next available like the legacy rules, but I'm not married to that aspect.
  • If you want to build in advanced bookings for AP holders or as an up charge for non-resort guests that's an option as well.

There are so many options they could take that would make it better. They have this need to overcomplicate things. Just like WDW has convinced guests it's a 'benefit' to book six months out when in reality it benefits them because they can plan accordingly ...

RSoxNo1

MDE is awful.

But lately it's worked better for me, actually (maybe I just got lucky?). It still crashes sometimes though. Not sure if an app problem or a phone problem.

And hey, we're a month away. Where's the WDW MaxPass+ (you know they'd add a +) at? LOL

Not saying paid options aren't coming. I've never had any doubts they've talked about it and are likely going to implement something at some point.
At some point the anecdotal complaints on MDE need to be considered legit. By no means am I implying that you or anyone else thinks otherwise, but the system can hardly be considered a success. Considering that anyone of prominence that was involved with the project has been let go, it seems that internally the feel the same way. What's frustrating is that there are positive attributes to it but they're not stripping it down to the positives.

People directly or indirectly linked to Next Gen that are no longer with the company:
  • Tom Staggs
  • Nick Franklin
  • Bruce Vaughn
  • Jay Rasulo (not sure how big a role he played)

Kman101

It's no secret amongst 'the fandom' it sucks (I often find it easier just to walk to a kiosk and tap my band, but even then sometimes they're also down ...). But I do wish more people actually griped about it instead of crowing about the latest update to the app ...

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
So with the DS Springs hotel committing to the 60 Day FP+ selection window through 2020, does mean a change in the calculus for paid FP? Or was this all part of the plan?

lentesta

Premium Member
@lentesta - I found your comments on your recent podcast regarding this topic intriguing/disturbing. Can you elaborate at all?

Reasonably sure this week's My Disney Experience app update (and you saw how well that went!) had some infrastructure pieces for the next version of FP. If I knew anything beyond that right now, I would've been sworn to secrecy.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Very true, but his entrance fees were tiny.
A critical point often overlooked way too easily.

I'm not sure what point is being made in the context that the tickets were a pay-to-play system. Bigger, more popular, more expensive-to-make-and-maintain rides cost more to ride them. Though tickets were often sold in books with a mix of tiers, you could still buy as many E Tickets as you wanted and ride nothing but all the E Tickets all day long over and over again -- if you could afford to. Pay to play.

What role does an entrance fee, whether it's small or large or none at all, have to affect that pay-to-play model?

drizgirl

I'm not sure what point is being made in the context that the tickets were a pay-to-play system. Bigger, more popular, more expensive-to-make-and-maintain rides cost more to ride them. Though tickets were often sold in books with a mix of tiers, you could still buy as many E Tickets as you wanted and ride nothing but all the E Tickets all day long over and over again -- if you could afford to. Pay to play.

What role does an entrance fee, whether it's small or large or none at all, have to affect that pay-to-play model?
The entrance fee is at a level high enough to incorporate access to everything with no additional charge. In essence, it already has the "per ride ticket" included. Adding additional fees now is double dipping. But of course, that won't stop them from doing that while continuing increases to both tickets and pay to play FP.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
The entrance fee is at a level high enough to incorporate access to everything with no additional charge. In essence, it already has the "per ride ticket" included. Adding additional fees now is double dipping. But of course, that won't stop them from doing that while continuing increases to both tickets and pay to play FP.

Right.

But that has nothing to do with the context and situation I was talking about. The complaint was that pay-to-play was outrageous, but, originally, everything was pay-to-play.

Later, when moving to Pay-One-Price, that was no longer the case. But then, crowds started to overcrowd the parks with such a generous deal. So the price kept going up. Overcrowding continued. FP tried to move crowds around. Overcrowding continued. Surge pricing was introduced to move crowds around. Overcrowding continued. Upcharge events were added (pay-to-play) and overcrowding continues.

drizgirl

Right.

But that has nothing to do with the context and situation I was talking about. The complaint was that pay-to-play was outrageous, but, originally, everything was pay-to-play.

Later, when moving to Pay-One-Price, that was no longer the case. But then, crowds started to overcrowd the parks with such a generous deal. So the price kept going up. Overcrowding continued. FP tried to move crowds around. Overcrowding continued. Surge pricing was introduced to move crowds around. Overcrowding continued. Upcharge events were added (pay-to-play) and overcrowding continues.
I see it as more of a function of Disney not keeping up with adding new attractions (and ride capacity) as the crowds grew. They purposefully chose to try and maximize every ride slot on every attraction (through FP+) instead of adding new things to keep up. Yes, I know they have started adding new things (finally). But they have a lot of lost ground to make up for. And in many cases they have closed things so are merely replacing things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom