Vegan/Vegetarian favorites?

NonnaT

Being vegan or vegetarian is a lifestyle choice not an allergy. It is very selfish to waste the time of the chef by asking them to come to your table to discuss what is clearly on the menu. Allergies are a different story and the chefs are usually glad to come out and discuss options. My ex husband was a chef at WDW and was infuriated when a vegetarian requested the chef at their table.
HOLY COW!!! Waaaay off topic... If I read OPs question correctly, she was asking about vegetarian and vegan choices at WDW, not demanding a chef at her table. IMHO

Nj4mwc

This thread got insanely nasty, and I am bumping it solely because I didn’t want to start a brand new one and have it go south as well. :(

But what are y’all vegetarian recommendations? Any help is appreciated! :)[/QUOTE
Buffets, Wife is vegan and eats a lot of veggies and fruit. Ordering g sides at a non buffet restaurant will not fill her. So buffets for us are best. She also doesn't eat pasta, breads so a big pickier then most and eats more than most

Figgy1

Premium Member
This thread got insanely nasty, and I am bumping it solely because I didn’t want to start a brand new one and have it go south as well. :(

But what are y’all vegetarian recommendations? Any help is appreciated! :)
Veggie curry at both Tiffins and R&C Pub were excellent. I got a pasta primavera at MM that was great(not sure if it's on the menu we have allergies so they sent a chef), falaffel burger at CR meal and a show:joyfull:, Veggie platter at TC, quinoa cakes at WCC, bread service Sanaa, quinoa salad BOG lunch, salads and ratatouille BOG dinner, veggie sandwich at the Fountain (Swalphin). Almost every place has at least one option now on their menu:joyfull:

Mander

In the Parks
No

I haven't been yet as a vegetarian (will be in January) but I've had people recommend Yak & Yeti to me. Apparently they will swap the meat in their dishes out for tofu. I also recently joined a Facebook group called "Veg Disney" and the folks there share a lot of information about vegetarian and vegan food in the parks. Someone posted their dinner from California Grill a couple of days ago and I am so much more excited to eat there now!

mj2v

Being vegan or vegetarian is a lifestyle choice not an allergy. It is very selfish to waste the time of the chef by asking them to come to your table to discuss what is clearly on the menu. Allergies are a different story and the chefs are usually glad to come out and discuss options. My ex husband was a chef at WDW and was infuriated when a vegetarian requested the chef at their table.

He probably should not have worked somewhere that is guest focused. If I am paying what Disney charges, I have absolutely no issue asking for some accodation of whatever dietary needs I may have.

mj2v

We just had dinner at Jiko last week and California Grill last night. Both awesome for vegan and vegetarian.

They both have vegan and vegetarian menus.

Attachments

• E78AA828-CB12-452F-B0F3-F9E35752760B.jpeg
    E78AA828-CB12-452F-B0F3-F9E35752760B.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 221D1FCB-AE4F-472F-AC4A-32FC8BA3D1A3.jpeg
    221D1FCB-AE4F-472F-AC4A-32FC8BA3D1A3.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 43
  • 389F1302-3F73-4ADF-A3F4-D82CD4F8E24A.jpeg
    389F1302-3F73-4ADF-A3F4-D82CD4F8E24A.jpeg
    78 KB · Views: 45
  • 6AF0A248-4A07-4456-80D1-8CBD77D2F19A.jpeg
    6AF0A248-4A07-4456-80D1-8CBD77D2F19A.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 41
  • BB691055-FD61-43B3-8EEA-8805B055CCF3.jpeg
    BB691055-FD61-43B3-8EEA-8805B055CCF3.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 45
  • 06422AAC-F219-402D-B9EC-0EE3167959B6.jpeg
    06422AAC-F219-402D-B9EC-0EE3167959B6.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 42

disneygeek90

Disney is great with vegetarian and vegan options. Most of the time options will already be on the menu (QS and TS) but always ask your TS for other veggie options. Sometimes they have a "separate" menu or the chef will make their own creation for you!

I've had both the tofu bowl and curry pod at Satuli Canteen. I'm not even a huge tofu person most of the time but thought it was great!

MySmallWorldof4

I will second the red quinoa cakes at Whispering Canyon. The Lighthouse sandwich at Columbia Harbor house is awesome! Just ask for the bread not to be toasted. It isn't toasted enough in my opinion and makes the bread taste stale and not toasted. There are loads of veggie burgers all around property like a falafel burger at Cosmic Ray's. The Plaza has a veggie sandwich and veggie burger also I believe. At least I saw one last I checked.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I have a few more veggie lo mein at Y&Y, popcorn from the carts, berry sorbet at about half of the the sit down places. There's tofutti and rice dream at several locations, dole whips, veggie and bean bowls at PB, TH has an extensive selection. There's only one place I'd avoid and that's GG for lunch or dinner. Wine, Grey Goose Slushes and Lapus LOL

bee

A few off the top of my head (thanks for the tag @Tony the Tigger). I have eaten at each of these at least once and would go back.

La Hacienda*
Tokyo Dining
Chefs de France
Biergarten**
Nine Dragons
Tiffins
Sci-Fi
BOG

Jiko*
Sanaa
Boma**
California Grill
Flying Fish*
Il Mulino
The Fountain
Kona Cafe

*I personally have ordered from the separate vegetarian menu
**buffet with lots of options
The others may have a veg menu but I haven't ordered from it, OR they have at least one veg option on the regular menu.

As others have mentioned almost every restaurant now has one vegetarian option on the regular menu. There are, however, plenty of places with separate menus now and it doesn't hurt to ask a host. If you're going with carnivores and MUST schedule a steakhouse meal to make them happy there will almost certainly be an option for you on the menu, and you can always ask if they have a separate menu and/or if you can speak with a chef. I've never had to request a chef, but then I go with my wife who is also a vegetarian so we avoid meat-centric places for the most part. :)

Weather_Lady

I've never been anywhere that was more friendly than Disney to dietary restrictions of all kinds. I'm not a vegetarian, but many of Disney's vegetarian options are so enticing that I order them, and find that I don't miss the meat a bit.

I particularly recommend Disney's vegan/veggie burger alternatives -- a black bean burger I had at Restauranosaurus at AK stands out in my memory as one of the best non-meat burgers I've ever had.

Otterhead

The first time I visited WDW as a vegetarian, I followed the advice of WDW themselves and mentioned it on all reservations — no demands or requests, just "one party member is vegetarian". On two separate occasions, a chef came to my table to discuss special veggie options without me requesting it in any way; I'm quite adept at finding vegetables on a menu or on buffets. While many guests might demand special treatment, in my experience, WDW is simply so accommodating that they proactively help guests out, and it's always struck me as amazing customer service.

s&k'smom

I will second the red quinoa cakes at Whispering Canyon. The Lighthouse sandwich at Columbia Harbor house is awesome! Just ask for the bread not to be toasted. It isn't toasted enough in my opinion and makes the bread taste stale and not toasted. There are loads of veggie burgers all around property like a falafel burger at Cosmic Ray's. The Plaza has a veggie sandwich and veggie burger also I believe. At least I saw one last I checked.
Tried the red quinoa cakes last August at WCC on the advice of our amazing service and they were absolutely delicious.

Courtney6682

Again, as a meat -eater I came here to add the Ratatouille over quinoa at BoG. It was DELICIOUS! My only complaint was that it was a bit salty, and I usually put salt on my salt......But it's not listed as a vegetarian option...hmmm?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom