Vegan/Vegetarian favorites?

JoeRohdesEarring

Great topic! Overall it is easy to ask questions and just about everyone at Disney is happy to help you out with information. Most table service restaurants, a chef will come speak to you about anything if you tell your server.

To start off, these links have great information on what is available all over property:
Park Counter Service - http://allears.net/din/vegcsparks.htm
Park Table Service - http://allears.net/din/vegtsparks.htm
Resorts - http://allears.net/din/vegresorts.htm

Animal Kindgom Lodge has three great restaurants that always are good for vegans: Boma, Jiko & Sanaa
'Ohana at the Polynesian always takes great care of me
There is a vegetarian cart in Animal Kingdom in Asia that is fabulous
Tofu noodle bowl at The Brown Derby at Hollywood Studios is excellent

Some good tips:
Always ask at a quick service burger joint for a vegan burger or you might get one with egg and dairy in it
A lot of ice cream places (Like Plaza Ice Cream Parlor) have Tofutti and Rice Dream on hand always, just ask for it
Mickey pretzels from the carts are vegan
Most table service restaurants will help you our if you tell your server you're vegan (you can know also when you make a reservation)

In general, just ask questions any time you have them, and they will help you out or find someone who will.
Feel free to contact me with any questions, I have been doing this for years at Disney!

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Hello @princetongirl welcome aboard. After checking the menus and deciding where to make your ADRs list vegetarian (list meat, egg, dairy what ever you don't eat) on them. When you check into a ts double check to make sure it was on your ADR. In most cases the chef will come out to talk to you to make sure you can eat something yummy. All cs places have a book listing ingredients, just let the CM know your dining needs, in some cases a manager will handle your order. My favorite place to eat is BOG lunch and dinner menus are different and they both have a vegan option that's yummy. If you have any other questions feel free to PM me. xoxo Figgy resident vegan

Last edited:

Tony the Tigger

I have been meaning to try the veggie shepherds pie at the sci-fi dine in but haven't gotten around to it yet. We are mostly vegetarian all year plus fish, but we relax our rules on special occasions – and what's more special than eating at Disney World? So while we will still probably eat mostly vegetarian plus fish while we are there, we do have a reservation for the first time at yachtsman steakhouse in a couple of weeks LOL.

PinnySmart

Being vegan or vegetarian is a lifestyle choice not an allergy. It is very selfish to waste the time of the chef by asking them to come to your table to discuss what is clearly on the menu. Allergies are a different story and the chefs are usually glad to come out and discuss options. My ex husband was a chef at WDW and was infuriated when a vegetarian requested the chef at their table.

Tony the Tigger

Being vegan or vegetarian is a lifestyle choice not an allergy. It is very selfish to waste the time of the chef by asking them to come to your table to discuss what is clearly on the menu. Allergies are a different story and the chefs are usually glad to come out and discuss options. My ex husband was a chef at WDW and was infuriated when a vegetarian requested the chef at their table.

1. That's silly.
2. Your ex-husband was in the wrong business and certainly at the wrong company if that was his attitude.
3. You don't know what's an allergy, or what's a condition, or what's a religious belief, or which vegetarians are so strict that they might get sick if their food is not prepared properly.

Sans Souci

You seem a bit confused. I believe the title of this thread is "Vegan/Vegetarian favorites" and not "What is your opinion of vegan/vegetarian patrons at WDW?"

Figgy1

Premium Member
Eggs and dairy send me send to the hospital, any meat consumption by me and I'm doubled for days, sorry Maybe I should just skip Disney from now on

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom