Vaccinated Out Of State Visitors Now Allowed in CA Theme Parks

ToTBellHop

I'd bet it has more to do with not wanting to check for vaccinations.
If Disney understands (not that the state has said this publicly, but I presume Disney knows more than we do) that they can open to all on June 15, I can understand not feeling a need to verify vaccine (vaccination is, unfortunately, political right now, and no one seems to want to touch the hot potato) and exclude children for 7 weeks. That’s not very Disney. Plus, they operate parks elsewhere without vaccine requirements. It’s an interesting message if Disney subscribes to such a restriction. Perhaps they’d rather risk losing a bit of money for 7 weeks than implicitly admit the way they are running WDW is not safe, which I don’t think they believe.

drizgirl

Well, it leaves me out. I only had a short window when I could attend. By late June I just don't think masks in the heat will work for me.

I guess that's what I get for momentarily thinking I might get to do something fun.

Someone unvaccinated can go in my place.

Zorro 2.0

Well, it leaves me out. I only had a short window when I could attend. By late June I just don't think masks in the heat will work for me.

I guess that's what I get for momentarily thinking I might get to do something fun.

Someone unvaccinated can go in my place.
There is an irony in that a fully vaccinated Las Vegas resident (about forty minutes driving time from the CA border and about four hours from Anaheim) is prohibited from going to DL, but a non-vaccinated Alturas, CA resident (near the OR border and about eleven hours drive from the park) can go.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
CA knows what the community spread in CA looks like. They dont know what NV or OR looks like. I'd rather they focus on California rather than try to figure out what is happening in every other state so some people can go to a theme park.
Google "covid infection rate by state". You can get a county by county case rate in 5 seconds for any state. I don't buy that CA only knows or cares what CA looks like. You'd be a bad state representative if you didn't care what your neighboring states were looking like (oh wait...).

Rather they focus on California? Let me toss this out for ya. California ranks 35th in percentage of population fully vaccinated. One of the slowest vaccine rollouts in the country. That means 68% of the states in this country have more people per capita fully vaccinated than California. Yet a Californian-only theme park is supposed to be much safer? 🤷‍♂️

TP2000

Well, that's really following the science. Any unvaccinated local can show up on any given day. But someone from out of state who has been vaccinated is a no go.

Yeah, makes complete sense.

Right? The mind boggles at how Science & Data are now used, or ignored entirely.

The only thing I can think is that Disneyland just knows it's a lawsuit waiting to happen, and a Twitter mob enraged at big bad "Disney", so they just can't deal with it.

Honestly, any company worth their business license wouldn't expect their front-line employees making a few bucks over minimum wage to try and enforce a murky policy like this. It's an HR nightmare. So I can see TDA's viewpoint on that.

With apologies to our Californians, your state’s rules are ridiculous and very hard to keep track of. And I’m married to an attorney.

Don't worry, even reasonably smart Californians can't keep track of what Sacramento says or does from week to week.

We don't expect non-Californians to try to keep up. Especially if it involves Science and/or Data.

Our only request is that you don't call the state "Cali".

Follow the science. We're talking about vaccinated people.

Agreed. But to follow the science you have to keep the goalposts where they are for at least a few months. Sacramento put the goalposts on wheels 10 months ago. Whatever the mandate or metric is this month a business must follow, it will be changed within 30 days.

TP2000

Rather they focus on California? Let me toss this out for ya. California ranks 35th in percentage of population fully vaccinated. One of the slowest vaccine rollouts in the country. That means 68% of the states in this country have more people per capita fully vaccinated than California. Yet a Californian-only theme park is supposed to be much safer? 🤷‍♂️

Stop using hard, factual data. It's not nice. ;)

To be fair to our lower-middle mediocrity, I double checked just now on Bloomberg. Today California ranks 32nd of all 50 states for total vaccinations. As of this afternoon, 26.1% of Californians are fully vaccinated.

Maine is in 1st place with 34% fully vaccinated, and Alabama is in 50th place with 20.1% vaccinated.

California is in a very uninspiring 32nd place with 26.1%.

Last edited:

el_super

Google "covid infection rate by state". You can get a county by county case rate in 5 seconds for any state.

Yes you can and suddenly it all makes sense:

California’s coronavirus case rate is now the lowest in the continental U.S., an achievement that reflects months of hard-won progress against the pandemic in the aftermath of the state’s devastating fall-and-winter surge.​
The state’s latest seven-day rate of new cases — 40.3 per 100,000 people — is dramatically lower than the nationwide rate of 135.3 and edged only by Hawaii, 39.1, over that same time period, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.​

Darkbeer1

>>Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood are not allowing out-of-state visitors yet.

Until further notice, only California residents are allowed to visit Disneyland and Disney California Adventure theme parks, according to Disney officials.<<

SoCalDisneyLover

>>Disneyland and Universal Studios Hollywood are not allowing out-of-state visitors yet.

Until further notice, only California residents are allowed to visit Disneyland and Disney California Adventure theme parks, according to Disney officials.<<

Universal Studios has literally been open for 5 days. Disneyland isn't even open for another 9 days. The parks have been closed for over 400 days.

Any chance people can chill and be a little patient while more people get vaccinated, and allow the virus spread to continue decreasing? Parks aren't going anywhere, and science says you may very well survive without going to a CA amusement park for just a little while longer. So can you let the days/weeks play out until rules can be relaxed some more?

No? OK, just asking.

As I process this all I think it's the opposite. I don't think they want to take on the hassle/frustration/brunt of having to check vaccine cards. If I had to guess I'd say they won't remove the "CA only" restriction until or when the state removes it.

Plus add in checking CA residency for everyone else. What a nightmare.

ToTBellHop

As I process this all I think it's the opposite. I don't think they want to take on the hassle/frustration/brunt of having to check vaccine cards. If I had to guess I'd say they won't remove the "CA only" restriction until or when the state removes it.
I suspect their patience would eventually run thin (like it did over the Covid closure), but they can certainly afford to be patient until summer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom