Using Magical Express. . .

flounder

Original Poster
Could anyone out there enlighten me on the magical express and how it works? Do we have to let them know that we are coming or do we just hook up with them when we get there and if so how do we do that? We would love to use that service!:lookaroun

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
You have to register with DME before you arrive. To qualify for the service you have to be staying on-site.

Ideally, you want to have yoir travel agent book them, but you can do it yourself. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Resort Guests should contact Disney's Magical Express Guest Services at (866) 599-0951.[/FONT]

stephdanielle

When you book your stay let them know you would like to use Magical Express, assuming they don't ask, and then they will fill you in. You'll get tags in the mail with your other things and instructions of what to do, but it is really quite straightforward. A fantastic service, I don't see why anyone wouldn't use it to be honest..saves you a few $$ to and from the airport!

sweetpee_1993

My upcoming trip in December will be my first time using ME so I'm interested to see if there are any tips people have to offer.

I know you need to call ahead to give Disney your flight info. They will send you special luggage tags which mark your bags as WDW bound. That way when you check your bags at the airport, you won't have to worry about seeing them again until they are in your hotel room waiting for you.

Also, when you get on the ground in Orlando at MCO, you have to go to the ME 'Welcome Center' where you'll be given your info and directed where to catch your bus.

That's about all I know for sure. All the ME pros can correct me if I'm wrong or elaborate as needed. :D

flounder

Original Poster
Thanks alot for the information I will give them a call and get that set up! :wave:
P.S. I cannot understand why anyone would not use this either...what a wonderful service! :sohappy:

Craig & Lisa

My upcoming trip in December will be my first time using ME so I'm interested to see if there are any tips people have to offer.

I know you need to call ahead to give Disney your flight info. They will send you special luggage tags which mark your bags as WDW bound. That way when you check your bags at the airport, you won't have to worry about seeing them again until they are in your hotel room waiting for you.

Also, when you get on the ground in Orlando at MCO, you have to go to the ME 'Welcome Center' where you'll be given your info and directed where to catch your bus.

That's about all I know for sure. All the ME pros can correct me if I'm wrong or elaborate as needed. :D
If your coming in early in the day then let DME work it's magic with getting yhe bags to your room. But if your coming in late, ( like we have twice), then don't put the tags on your bags unless you want to be awaken at a late hour when they show up. You can also request that they bring them in the morning, but for me I would rather have them when I check in. That way we have all of our things with us when we lay down for a good nights sleep and not lose any wondering when they may show up.

Stellajack

Dme

Could anyone out there enlighten me on the magical express and how it works? Do we have to let them know that we are coming or do we just hook up with them when we get there and if so how do we do that? We would love to use that service!:lookaroun

flounder, you will not regret using this service. You still have plenty of time to arrange it. Just call Disney, let them know your airline and flight#(does NOT have to be handled through TA). They will get your tags to you quickly (I assume by your signature that your trip is Oct 07). Check your bags in at your departure airport, and leave the rest to Disney. You will just need to take any "necessities" (personal, make-up, dental items, bathing suits, change of clothes, etc) in your carry-on luggage since your remaining luggage will not arrive until 1 or 2 hrs later.
You will be met promptly by a Disney rep, directed through a no-hassle bus checkin, board your bus and be off. My DH and I have used this service on three separate occasions and on all three occasions it has taken no more than 1 hr from deplaning to resort check-in.:sohappy:

kstella

If you are going at a busy time, you might want to just claim your bags yourself or you could be waiting a very long time. Other than that, a GREAT service. A nice, relaxing ride on a comfortable bus, no tolls to worry about, sometimes a movie to watch. Even more convenient if you are flying on a participating airline and can check your bags at your resort for your trip home. Have a great time!

PeoplemoverTTA

They will get your tags to you quickly (I assume by your signature that your trip is Oct 07).

I actually changed my hotel at the last minute (it was 5 or 6 days before leaving for my trip) last year and DME sent out my new tags Priority Mail. It did not cost me anything. So unless you change something really last minute (i.e. the day before you leave), they will definitely get the tags to you.

I really enjoy this service. It saved my family a few hundred dollars in travel to and from the airport (we had a large group and used a service whose name I cannot recall), and took away the hassle of dealing with bags.

Oh, and I find the videos they show to and from the AP very entertaining (although on one trip back to the AP the driver showed old Chip and Dale cartoons instead - a pleasant surprise!). They really make the ride go by faster!

flounder

Original Poster
Well we are going the end of October which is still the food and wine festival time...our flight however gets in real early in the morning like 7:15...it is an all nighter from Washington State! :snore: So am thinking this might just be the ticket for us...what a wonderful service they provide...once again a reminder why we like going to Disney World to vacation so much! :sohappy: Thanks for all the comments it is a great help! :wave:

flounder

Original Poster
Hey Stellajack...Zip pa de do da is the ring tone on my cell phone! Gotta love it! Brings a smile to everyone around me that hears it ring too! Life is grand and I refuse to grow up! :lol: :lol: :lol:

frankd1962

It is a great service. I will be doing it again on my next trip. It felt great just to walk from the tram to the DME place, check in and wait a little bit with my one carry-on. There was a cute little video reminding you of all the fun you're going to have real soon. So the Disney fun starts the moment you get into Orlando. And three hours later your luggage will be in your room waiting for you.

Enjoy.

flounder

Original Poster
Sounds like a wonderful extra that disney has added to make your whole experience great...they sure know how to treat the guest great...no wonder we choose to go back over and over again!

caitiesus

We just got home and got there at a busy time - but our bags got to our room quickly and we only waited 10 minutes for the bus!

One tip is make sure you keep the reservations they give you. They can look it up but a cast member actually thanked us for having them because it makes things easier for them!

Also, if you plan on checking in and heading straight to the park without going to your room (or your room isn't ready yet) you can leave your carry ons with them once you get to your hotel and they will also appear in your room!

If you have a later flight, you leave your carry ons wit hthe same desk, go to the parks and pick them up right before you get on the bus back to the airport!

LenYJr

This is a great, free, no hassle service. I've used it 3 times and have been completely satisfied each time.

This time, my brother and I arrived at an extremely busy time(2pm) and I think we had to wait about 1/2 hr for the bus, but when we went last year, our wait was under 10 minutes.

We had 4pm ADR's and were able to get to our hotel, get our keys/passes and head right out to our ADR without worrying about our bags.

Highly, highly recommended, especially for the way home. If you are leaving later in the day, you can leave your bags and enjoy your final trip around the parks without worrying about having to retrieve your luggage

Use it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom