Use Magical Express or not?

alifares

When my family and I travel, we usually have a car of some sort pick up us from the airport and take us to our hotel. There are 3 adults and 4 children that are traveling for our trip to disney. Is it worth it to hire a limo or some type of big vehicle or is the disney magical express a good way to go. My kids are 1, 3, 7 and 11 so it takes a lot to get us places and i want this to be as smooth as possible

shoppingnut

I've used magical express many times and it has worked fine both to/from the airport. I would recommend using it with a large group, this way the luggage goes right to the hotel and you don't have to worry about hauling it off the carousel. I've stayed with my family in separate rooms and all the luggage was delivered correctly.

Upvote 0

eroyee

:wave: Hey Belle. we are gonna be at Disney the same time you are, except at POP. Dec. 9-16. yaaay. Have a magical trip. only 31 more days to go. woo hoo!!!! :sohappy:

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Make sure you look for me at the Off Kilter stagwe area on Sunday the 10th!!! I Am sure I will be there for the second show of the day at least and probably for all of the other later shows ( I have Nemo previews that morning!!!) Belle

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

alifares,
I just wanted to say that I have four kids as well pretty much the same ages as yours and magical express worked seamlessly for us. It was so great, to just get in a quick line with your vouchers and get on the bus. We didn't have to wait for hours for other transportation or go around in circles trying to pick up other people. Also, the kids really appreciated the tvs with disney shorts on them.

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

Ugh, I'm so stuck. Its 50/50 reports on ME. Either absolutely horrendous or no problems at all. I cant decide!:brick:

Hi there, I dare say I have probably used DME more than most people. I used it in May of last year again in October, once again in December, January of this year, May of this year, August of this year, October of this year and will be using it again in DecemberI think DME is pretty awesome. Make sure that you pack a carry on bag to take with you and NOT check with the airlines. This should contain whatever you might need for the first few hours of your trip or items that cannot be replaced easily ie: change of clothes, any prescription medications, glasses, any valuables such as money, traveler's checks, camera equipment of any sort, jewelery etc. I have had good to great experiences with DME and dont see any reason to use any other form of transportation to my resort. After all, I am on vacation so Hakuna Matata!!!!!!!!!!! Belle

Upvote 0

tarjaybuff

Never again!

We booked 3 days before our trip(last minute get away). They still offered us the magical express, but they provided inaccurate information. They told us not to worry about our luggage, but come to find out it was left as unclaimed at baggage. We waited for about 15 minutes for a bus, and then another 30 minutes before the bus took off. On our return trip the bus was full. The driver was rude and unprofessional. At the airport he tossed the luggage in a big pile, and of course my suitcase was on the bottom. I would rather spend the extra money for a town car or van. Always had good luck with Murray Hill transportation.

SEP 1998 RCC - Enchantment of the Seas
MAR 2001 RCC - Majesty of the Seas
JAN 2003 WDW - ALL STAR MOVIES
OCT 2004 RCC - Voyager of the Seas
JAN 2005 WDW - POP CENTURY
SEP 2006 WDW - POP CENTURY
FEB 2007 WDW - POP CENTURY

Upvote 0

Yanks07

Have never had any problem with M-Express, keep in mind it has moved from the A side to the B side as I learned the hard way last week.

Upvote 0

mgraef

Worked like a charm for us, family of four, a little wait at the airport but that was all. Just remember to bring a change of clothes or your swim suits to and a tooth brush. Out bags arrived while we were at dinner.

mg

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

We thought it was awesome. We got to the resort before our luggage did but it was not a problem. By the time we got back from the Magic Kingdom our luggage was waiting for us in the room.

When leaving to go home we got our boarding pass for the plane right in the hotel lobby and they checked our luggage only to be seen again when we arrived in Newark.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

AEfx

I think the ME bus service is wonderful - hey, free is better than not free (for people that would have taken Mears or other such services before).

However, I do not use their baggage service. I just don't see the need to put another middle-man between me and my bags. I've already heard too many reports of people being told by Disney "the airline lost your luggage" and from the airline that "Disney must have lost your luggage between here and there".

I don't overpack, so it's really not a problem to carry my bags down to the bus myself. I have done it many times, and have never been questioned or had an issue.

AEfx

Upvote 0

wannabeBelle

My travel agent signed me up for ME, but if i decide not to use it, is it necessary to "cancel" it or simply not put the tags on my luggage?
The Luggage service does not necessarily have to be used in order to use the motorcoach part of the service. If you dont want Disney to collect your bags dont tag them. If you dont want to use the Motorcoach service either just dont go to the DME Counter and dont sign in!!! Belle

Upvote 0

disneytati

However, I do not use their baggage service. I just don't see the need to put another middle-man between me and my bags. I've already heard too many reports of people being told by Disney "the airline lost your luggage" and from the airline that "Disney must have lost your luggage between here and there". AEfx

Oh, my... I just hope this doesn't happen to my luggage....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom