US Cinemas Are Reopening Slowly.

Disney Analyst

I can't believe how many people I've spoken to are still anxious and hesitant about getting the vaccination. And I am a teacher (who teaches about vaccines and other infectious disease topics).

So many are "waiting to see what happens". I am not sure exactly what they are waiting for.

I don’t know either... waiting for third arms to sprout or everyone who has a vaccine to drop dead?

I don’t get it... millions have the vaccine.

mf1972

I can't believe how many people I've spoken to are still anxious and hesitant about getting the vaccination. And I am a teacher (who teaches about vaccines and other infectious disease topics).

So many are "waiting to see what happens". I am not sure exactly what they are waiting for.
my wife & i got our shots as soon as appointments were available at the hospital we work at. i know of some people around my department who feel the same way, & a small handful who’re flat out against it.
the small handful surprises me, considering we have covid+ patients come to our department for treatment. either way, i’ll respect their choice.
on a different note, i’m really surprised to see how well godzilla vs kong did over the weekend.

Mmoore29

There's already a bit of chatter that something or someone will step in to rescue Pacific/Arclight, especially the Cinerama Dome.

Meanwhile, does anyone feel the Dome should have just refused to play The Force Awakens to keep its scheduled plan to play The Hateful Eight instead, and say, "we don't need you, Disney, we're keeping our promise to Quentin?"

Darkprime

Imagine going back to August 2020 and telling people it would be Fast and Furious not Tenet that brings people back to theaters lol. What a crazy world we live in. Nolan must be absolutely seething haha.

Yeah I think we are not going to see many more movies go the streaming service or hybrid route past this summer.Just this week the mask guidelines for vaccinated people and the authorization for 12-15 year olds and also I think most every state is going to allow full capacity theaters by the end of July so I think we are slowly crossing the finish line with this pandemic.

Slpy3270

The way Chapek talks about flexibility and giving consumers more choice is very scary. It sounds like wants to day-to-date PA on every theatrical movie Disney releases in the future even after the whole exhibition business is reopen, and that's not getting into the possibility that Pixar may no longer see *any* theatrical releases forever.

It's as if he took the wrong lessons from HBO Max's ill-fated day-to-date strategy.

Jedijax719

The way Chapek talks about flexibility and giving consumers more choice is very scary. It sounds like wants to day-to-date PA on every theatrical movie Disney releases in the future even after the whole exhibition business is reopen, and that's not getting into the possibility that Pixar may no longer see *any* theatrical releases forever.

It's as if he took the wrong lessons from HBO Max's ill-fated day-to-date strategy.
I don't think that will happen. We already know they aren't doing that with Shang-Chi. It's true they are probably banking on a LOT more money from D+ than from theaters going forward. And they probably have people crunching numbers to calculate how many new D+ subscribers they can potentially get from releasing new material onto D+ sooner. But they aren't going to do day and date releases for everything. And Pixar will be back in theaters soon enough-just not with Luca.

Slpy3270

I don't think that will happen. We already know they aren't doing that with Shang-Chi. It's true they are probably banking on a LOT more money from D+ than from theaters going forward. And they probably have people crunching numbers to calculate how many new D+ subscribers they can potentially get from releasing new material onto D+ sooner. But they aren't going to do day and date releases for everything. And Pixar will be back in theaters soon enough-just not with Luca.
We all thought this is March, just before Luca got dumped.

Also, betting on streaming money more than theaters worked so well for WM, which is being sold at a $42 billion loss with the people who spearheaded WB's day-to-date idea likely being shown the door in the aftermath.

Jedijax719

We all thought this is March, just before Luca got dumped.

Also, betting on streaming money more than theaters worked so well for WM, which is being sold at a $42 billion loss with the people who spearheaded WB's day-to-date idea likely being shown the door in the aftermath.
What is WM?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom