US Cinemas Are Reopening Slowly.

Archie123

Sony is pushing back a whole bunch of their movies back...again. Some of the movies include Ghostbuster, 007, and Uncharted.

Darkprime

Sony is pushing back a whole bunch of their movies back...again. Some of the movies include Ghostbuster, 007, and Uncharted.

007 was also delayed again. ugh.

sullyinMT

People are getting desperate, but I fully agree that until we get major markets the studios won’t be pushing major releases to the theaters.

Went to see News of the World last weekend, and it was sold out (at 40%, granted). Good movie, but I was kind of shocked that it was the first movie we’ve attended that was even close to the threshold. I guess Westerns of any flavor still sell well in Montana 😁

Darkprime

People are getting desperate, but I fully agree that until we get major markets the studios won’t be pushing major releases to the theaters.

Went to see News of the World last weekend, and it was sold out (at 40%, granted). Good movie, but I was kind of shocked that it was the first movie we’ve attended that was even close to the threshold. I guess Westerns of any flavor still sell well in Montana 😁

With Biden now in charge. I think we're all hoping the U.S. can get the pandemic under control. The biggest theatrical markets in the U.S. are NYC and LA. If they can start vaccinating decent numbers there could be some hope to have a normalish summer. It will be interesting to see if an actual lockdown is part of Biden's COVID response plan and how long that would be. The UK has essentially had 2 back to back lockdowns coming in at 4 months I think. I wouldn't be shocked if Biden was considering a lockdown as long as 3 months. To get things under control.

brodie999

Original Poster
With Biden now in charge. I think we're all hoping the U.S. can get the pandemic under control. The biggest theatrical markets in the U.S. are NYC and LA. If they can start vaccinating decent numbers there could be some hope to have a normalish summer. It will be interesting to see if an actual lockdown is part of Biden's COVID response plan and how long that would be. The UK has essentially had 2 back to back lockdowns coming in at 4 months I think. I wouldn't be shocked if Biden was considering a lockdown as long as 3 months. To get things under control.
Well, at least, it's starting to get under control now that Steve Martin and Arnold Schwarzenegger got the vaccine. I heard it during last week.

Archie123

Well, at least, it's starting to get under control now that Steve Martin and Arnold Schwarzenegger got the vaccine. I heard it during last week.

It is most definitely not getting under control even with two senior movie stars getting the vaccine. The only good news is that maybe Steve and Arnold can do an action comedy together. Otherwise, the movie industry is still SOL.

Darkprime

Not good news. LA is a key market in the theatrical business. If LA cant reopen till summer 2022 at the earliest. Expect more film delays.

brodie999

Original Poster
Not good news. LA is a key market in the theatrical business. If LA cant reopen till summer 2022 at the earliest. Expect more film delays.

But even those health officials don't know when all of LA will be vaccinated. My hopes are the whole world will be vaccinated by the vaccine in the Summer(June-August) at least.

Archie123

But even those health officials don't know when all of LA will be vaccinated. My hopes are the whole world will be vaccinated by the vaccine in the Summer(June-August) at least.

I think there is 0.0% chance of this happening. Many experts don’t think this will happen to 2022 unfortunately.

Archie123

I do think we will see some movies being released this year but I also think that many of them are going to be delayed once more and possibly into 2022. As long as big markets like LA and New York are closed studios are not going to take a chance and release a film and have it bomb financially. I do think you’re going to see a lot more films going to Netflix, Amazon, etc.

brodie999

Original Poster
I think there is 0.0% chance of this happening. Many experts don’t think this will happen to 2022 unfortunately.
Hey, I'm an optimistic person. I don't worry about what the experts say and I don't believe in the virus mutations or that kind of stuff. All that matters is waiting and seeing what happens over the next few months. Don't believe everything you hear.

Archie123

Hey, I'm an optimistic person. I don't worry about what the experts say and I don't believe in the virus mutations or that kind of stuff. All that matters is waiting and seeing what happens over the next few months.

Optimism is great. Reality and science say that you are wrong. I wish it wasn’t so but to discount the experts is just silly. Unfortunately the movie industry among tons of others will have to continue to weather the storm.

brodie999

Original Poster
Optimism is great. Reality and science say that you are wrong. I wish it wasn’t so but to discount the experts is just silly. Unfortunately the movie industry among tons of others will have to continue to weather the storm.
Sometimes, people say otherwise. You don't know when it's gonna end. Until we hear more official news on COVID fading and everything stabilising again, these are the only news that you'll believe. Besides, you'll see more celebrities get the vaccine within the next couple of weeks. They'll be able to do some movies together as well. By next month, a hundred of them or more will be immune to the virus. Rates of vaccinating are getting bigger with expanded vaccination sites, more vaccine approvals and expanding vaccinations beyond the old and frontline workers. This "reality and science" isn't consistent. It'll change.

Archie123

Sometimes, people say otherwise. You don't know when it's gonna end. Until we hear more official news on COVID fading and everything stabilising again, these are the only news that you'll believe. Besides, you'll see more celebrities get the vaccine within the next couple of weeks. They'll be able to do some movies together as well. By next month, a hundred of them or more will be immune to the virus. Rates of vaccinating are getting bigger with expanded vaccination sites, more vaccine approvals and expanding vaccinations beyond the old and frontline workers. This "reality and science" isn't consistent. It'll change.

Sorry but who gives a crap if celebrities get the vaccine. Seems like you are more interested in movies then lives.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I appreciate your optimism, but you can't just say "having celebrities vaccinated will improve things". The reality is that celebrities make up a very small percentage of the US population. And since its the US population that goes to movies, having just celebrities getting vaccinated doesn't reopen theaters in order for movies to be released. The US has to have at least 70% of the population fully vaccinated before its considered a success and the pandemic is over. Right now the US has 0.9% of the population vaccinated, not even 1%. We have a long way to go.

Look I know you want theaters reopened so you can see movies. But you're going to have to be patient. Its going to take time before things get better. I expect the vaccine distribution to ramp up over the next month or two. So we'll see where we are by March/April. But I wouldn't get my hopes up for any type of summer reopening of theaters. Its going to be fall maybe winter before theaters fully reopen across the US, and that is being optimistic.

brodie999

Original Poster
I appreciate your optimism, but you can't just say "having celebrities vaccinated will improve things". The reality is that celebrities make up a very small percentage of the US population. And since its the US population that goes to movies, having just celebrities getting vaccinated doesn't reopen theaters in order for movies to be released. The US has to have at least 70% of the population fully vaccinated before its considered a success and the pandemic is over. Right now the US has 0.9% of the population vaccinated, not even 1%. We have a long way to go.

Look I know you want theaters reopened so you can see movies. But you're going to have to be patient. Its going to take time before things get better. I expect the vaccine distribution to ramp up over the next month or two. So we'll see where we are by March/April. But I wouldn't get my hopes up for any type of summer reopening of theaters. Its going to be fall maybe winter before theaters fully reopen across the US, and that is being optimistic.
Okay. I understand. So my estimates are that 10% of the US population will be vaccinated by next month and 30% by March. I'm a very good calculator since you said 0.9% of the population got vaccinated so far, it should reach 10% by the end of next month.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom