US Cinemas Are Reopening Slowly.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Okay. I understand. So my estimates are that 10% of the US population will be vaccinated by next month and 30% by March. I'm a very good calculator since you said 0.9% of the population got vaccinated so far, it should reach 10% by the end of next month.
I'm not sure where you get 10% by the end of next month with less than 1% fully vaccinated a month into the vaccination program. I understand its exponential but we're not to that type of growth yet. Just an FYI, we're not even to 10% yet getting the first shot let alone 10% getting fully vaccinated, remember its 2 shots with the current vaccines available in the US. Again I applaud your optimism, but I don't think we're there yet. If the US hits between 10-20% fully vaccinated by the end of March I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Darkprime

But even those health officials don't know when all of LA will be vaccinated. My hopes are the whole world will be vaccinated by the vaccine in the Summer(June-August) at least.

But they do know, thats why their health officials. lol. I know we're all trying to stay positive here. But you gotta be realistic. Unless the process magically speeds up. 2022 is probably the most realistic expectation and thats just for a single county to get fully vaccinated. Who knows how long it will take entire countries to get vaccinated. Realistically its looking like we're still at the starting line of this pandemic.

brodie999

Original Poster
But they do know, thats why their health officials. lol. I know we're all trying to stay positive here. But you gotta be realistic. Unless the process magically speeds up. 2022 is probably the most realistic expectation and thats just for a single county to get fully vaccinated. Who knows how long it will take entire countries to get vaccinated. Realistically its looking like we're still at the starting line of this pandemic.
I know we're still in the pandemic, but you think we'll even reach 1% of the population being vaccinated in the next few days? Maybe even tomorrow?

Archie123

Wendy Pleakley

Again, who cares. You are obviously obsessed with celebrities and movies. I am glad when anyone gets it because everyone needs it to help this pandemic go away but if you think that stars getting the vaccine is going to open the theaters any faster then you are wrong.

I will say I appreciate Patrick Stewart's comments. He notes that vaccination isn't just about protecting oneself, but making us all safer and lessening the impact on health care facilities in particular.

Archie123

I will say I appreciate Patrick Stewart's comments. He notes that vaccination isn't just about protecting oneself, but making us all safer and lessening the impact on health care facilities in particular.

Hey I’m glad Picard can fly safely across the universe and I’m good with as many people getting vaccinated. It just seems that the OP is more concerned with their lives then everyone else.

Archie123

Since it seems that most movie theaters will not be seeing "normal" any time soon especially with all the studios pushing back their films to late summer/fall once again it looks like AMC found some breathing room.

sullyinMT

Any chance Newsom moves to open theaters sooner than initially planned in the most recent framework? Stay at home lifted and dining (outdoors) coming soon with numbers way worse than what the official orders currently call for.

It’s well known LA is a much needed market for anything to come back to theaters.

brodie999

Original Poster
Hey I’m glad Picard can fly safely across the universe and I’m good with as many people getting vaccinated. It just seems that the OP is more concerned with their lives then everyone else.
Hey. I care about their lives and everyone else. I'm just posting these news, so you can be updated.

Wendy Pleakley

Do we really need to know when every celebrity gets the vaccine?

Also how does that help with US theaters not opening any time soon? I'll answer this one, it doesn't. US theaters will remain closed in large numbers until at least late summer.

We do not, and you are correct in saying those posts are completely off topic in this thread about theaters re-opening.

I appreciate that some celebrities are using their platform to encourage and educate when it comes to vaccines, but doesn't fit here. I'm sure there are many more appropriate threads to share those stories.

Darkprime

Supreme Leader

As someone who worked at a theater that was briefly open this past fall I hope they don't reopen until more people have been vaccinated. People would barely comply with simple instructions and treated the place like their own personal rec room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom