News Upscale Walt Disney World experiences packaged under the new 'Crown Collection by Disney'

eliza61nyc

Ummm, the US has been at war for coming up on 18 years. That whole 9/11/01 thing. Maybe you forgot? I bet all the service men and women currently deployed haven't.

:rolleyes:

/political rant

Nope, you are absolutely correct. My bad and with all the retired service people in my family I should know better. 10 lashes with a wet pixie stick for me. Sadly I think many do forget....

Going back to fix.

matt9112

Forcibly separated? No, it's completely voluntary. There's no credit check or net worth standard to be met, anyone who chooses to pay the prices for each product is admitted. Disney is a business, not a social welfare agency. That said, they also are quite involved in philanthropy, but have to have to generate sufficient profit to sustain it. In 2018, Disney gave more than $332.8 million to nonprofit organizations helping kids, families, and communities in need through charitable cash giving, in-kind contributions, and public service announcements.

yeah yeah the rich give to the poor all the time we get it...so if im not poor and im not rich is it like no mans land?

WED Purist

In 2018, Disney gave more than $332.8 million to nonprofit organizations helping kids, families, and communities in need through charitable cash giving, in-kind contributions, and public service announcements.

Isn't that about a half-percent of their 59 billion dollar revenue?

Indy_UK

I'm going to take a slightly different take about these upscale events. Disney are only interested in increasing quarterly earnings but while most people will suffer the dreaded annual ticket increases etc, I think these pricey upscale events is what really increases revenue.

And if people want to pay for this, all the more to them

MickeyMinnieMom

JUST THROWING THIS HYPOTHESIS OUT THERE. This is just a discussion point question.

Does anyone think that Disney is looking at general economy and figuring that now is time to sort of milk the golden cafe?

I'm thinking this way. middle age and older folks have had 10 years of solid growth in their savings. Folks jobs seem pretty stable (overall) consumer spending is up and consumer confidence is good (according to the gurus). The only fly in the proverbial ointment is the youngins who are just entering the market who unfortunately are saddled with a lot of debt and even sort of politically/socially we're cool. what I mean by that is there are currently, no big social upheaval like the housing crash where tens of 1000's where losing their jobs.

Maybe the execs at mouseworld are saying, "hey folks are feeling pretty good right now, when you feel good you feel like spending" and taking advantage of that.

just thinking
I think they're just making it easier for a particular customer to find some of the products they might want to buy. Doubt it's more than that, and surprised it took this long.

Oh, and to give fodder to a thread like this, obviously.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Like what?? From what I've read most of this stuff has been offered for a while. Chefs table, spa packages, private tours all have been offered.
Grand Floridian always had spa packages and they've always been pricey. The average visitors just didn't look into it. Basically they are just marketing it more. I didn't read one thing in the package that was previously free.
Club 33 has always been for the well heeled. Never was that even remotely cheap.

The only difference I see is that they are advertising it.
^^^This. There isn't one single new offering on the site. All of it has been available for years, but were scattered about in different places, and some of them not so easy to find.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom