Updated my magic+ experience terms of service in app today

djlaosc

I thought if you participated in FP+ you wouldn't be able to park hop meaning you could only use all your FP+'s for the day at one WDW park of your choice? Did this change recently or was this never really under consideration?

No, that still seems to be the case.

ParentOf4 is just saying that if you know you have a 4pm Soarin FP+ Reservation, you could get to DHS for opening, and get on TSMM, RnRC, TOT and ST2.0 before the queues get too large, knowing that you have Soarin', Universe of Energy and Figment booked for later in the day.

ParentsOf4

No, that still seems to be the case.

ParentOf4 is just saying that if you know you have a 4pm Soarin FP+ Reservation, you could get to DHS for opening, and get on TSMM, RnRC, TOT and ST2.0 before the queues get too large, knowing that you have Soarin', Universe of Energy and Figment booked for later in the day.
LOL, I said almost the exact same thing in another post.:)

FP+ changes how we park hop. I don't think it stops us from park hopping.

Genie of the Lamp

The strategy with the FP+ system would be to tour a park first thing after opening before the lines get too long using the Standby lines. Lines typically are shortest for the first hour or two after opening. Then, hop over to a second park in the afternoon, if you have later FP+ selections for that park.

For example, be at DHS for rope drop, use the Standby lines for TSM (always first;)), RnRC, TOT, and STII. Depending on your pace, you could be done with these by 11 AM. (I've done them even faster.) If you want, then watch one of the DHS shows (which handle lots of people), perhaps have lunch, and then hop over to Epcot where, hopefully, you have afternoon or early evening FP+ selections for either TT or Soarin'.

Does this make sense?

Ahhh, I gotcha. So if you want to ride the big rides of your choice that you don't have FP+ for, go their first early in the morning then use your FP+ in the evening for whatever rides of your chosing that have longer standby lines like a Soarin. Speaking of TSMM, I went their two years ago on a Sunday morning the day before we were scheduled to fly back home and anyhow we sped walked to TSMM first thing to try and get a FP. By the time we got their which was about 9:10 am and the park opened at 9:00 am the line to get your FP was all the way to Animation building and the standby line was all the way to LMA even with guests already inside the standby queue. Of course, it was 5 days before xmas.;) But yeah, I understand now. That's generally what we do for FP now, visit a park in the morning and ride the big rides first, then go to another park in the afternoon and get fastpasses for those big rides in that park.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I thought if you participated in FP+ you wouldn't be able to park hop meaning you could only use all your FP+'s for the day at one WDW park of your choice? Did this change recently or was this never really under consideration?

You can park hop...so if you were to get fastpasses for ToT and TSMM in the evening, you could get up early hit MK, do what you wanted before it got crowded and the head on over to the Studios. The tricky part is your fastpasses will only be for one park.

Whoops, should've kept reading.

luv

It seems to me Disney is moving FP+ in the direction of ADRs. Is it possible they will hold back a few prime FP+ selections for day guests? Sure. But it doesn't make good business sense. WDW already has more onsite guests than capacity for the "good" attractions. Why would Disney want to upset these onsite guests so they can hold back a few prime FP+ selections for people who show up last-minute at the gate?

If I'm paying $600/night at the Grand Floridian, I'm going to let Disney know my displeasure if I hear someone hooting about getting a last-minute FP+ selection for Peter Pan when I couldn't book it 59 days before.
How does this encourage people to stay in a Disney hotel? I see why it would encourage the uber-planners to stay there...and book their restaurants (and now choose what they'll eat!), and book their FPs.

But if the uber-planners take all the FP slots...how does it encourage all those other people to stay in their hotels? That's the point of all this, right? To increase room revenue?

Sneezy62

Right, which is why a small fraction of that figure is for FP+.

Honest question here: what do you think is the ETA on the first FP machine getting ripped out?

Outsider speculation here. September. All gone by Thanksgiving and your first bonus FPs for Deluxe guests Christmas week 2013. Just IMHO.

ParentsOf4

How does this encourage people to stay in a Disney hotel? I see why it would encourage the uber-planners to stay there...and book their restaurants (and now choose what they'll eat!), and book their FPs.

But if the uber-planners take all the FP slots...how does it encourage all those other people to stay in their hotels? That's the point of all this, right? To increase room revenue?
That's the $64,000 question. Did Disney spend all this money without intending it to help its declining onsite occupancy rate? Did Disney spend all this money without planning to supplement the EMH benefit, whose hours have been cut back?

As long as onsite and offsite guests are treated equally, FP+ does not encourage offsite guests to stay onsite. It does encourage both offsite and onsite guests to plan ahead. It discourages last minute "defections" to other Orlando theme parks.

I have a FP+ reservation on Monday for Space Mountain, Tuesday for Test Track, Wednesday for Toy Story Mania, Thursday for Expedition Everest, and Friday for Splash Mountain. Which one of these am I willing to forgo so I can visit The Boy Who Won’t Be Named?

stlphil

Ahh, remember the good old days when saying that RFID cards wouldn't be tracked around the park got you called a plant or a troll? And when "they'll know where you are everywhere on property" .... "GPS tracking" .... "antenna with a five football field radius" fearmongering was the norm here?
I don't remember that: it has been known for what seems like ages now that long range detection was only with the bands and not the RFID cards, so I don't recall anyone denying that claim with respect to the cards (or calling them a troll). But it is the bands that are causing the most angst, not the cards.

Everywhere on property? Sure, very unlikely, but certainly at least possible with the bands if Disney wants. But (nearly) everywhere in the parks? Fairly likely with the bands. Of course, again, not with the cards.

GPS tracking? Total red herring. For the umpteenth time, tracking can be done without GPS. The issue for some people is tracking itself, not how it is done which is irrelevant.

Antenna with a five football field radius? Ok, that claim was total hyperbole. But in the end it matters not if there is one antenna with a very large range, or lots of antennas with a much smaller range.

stlphil

Disney posted an updated version of the my experience app today and included an updated terms of service in it as well. Previously the tos was a gold mine in terms of details on the service... So lets look at what it talks about now!

updated terms (date march 5)

Mainly add a bunch of clarifying info... Talk about areas not covered before ( like travel agents )... And clarifying age restrictions throughout

But it does now explicitly state RFID cards are not read by the long range readers (as I and others have been trying to tell people...)

It does say guests 10 and older will automatically get charging priveldges ... I think that is a big mistake.

They talk about 'vacation notifications' now as another class of notifications you can sign up for... Including via push to the app. Hellllloooo nextgen coupons ;)

For fp+... It now says Myw and ap holders.. When discussing the 60day window... So that's explicit for ap holders now.

No discussion of the actual limit on fp+ per day except to say it is limited. (No talk of three or another number). Without looking it up.. In pretty sure this said 3 prior and that's where 3 came from. Need to look that up :). But either way, we've always assumed Disney will massage that number.

It now talks about using fp+ for restaurants where you have an arrival window and preselect a meal. I don't think we've seen this referred to as fp+ before...

They included the google tos when dealing with park maps in the app...
I for one would just like to thank you Flynn for taking the time to carefully read and deconstruct this, and compare to the previous versions.

djlaosc

I have a FP+ reservation on Monday for Space Mountain, Tuesday for Test Track, Wednesday for Toy Story Mania, Thursday for Expedition Everest, and Friday for Splash Mountain. Which one of these am I willing to forgo so I can visit The Boy Who Won’t Be Named?

Space Mountain - it's horrible since the refurb! ;)
And I don't like the look of TT2.0 either - maybe I'll spend two days off-site! ;) j/k

RSoxNo1

Some questions that I have yet to see Disney answer:
  • What percentage of Fastpass eligible attractions will be available for Fastpass+ reservations 60 days in advance?
  • Can Fastpass+ reservations booked 60 days in advance be changed after the window has expired if I miss my window and there is availability? (This is referenced in the new Terms of Service, but it's as clear as I would like it to be).
  • If I don't book Fastpass+ reservations, what attractions will be available to me for day of Fastpass? Will it be all of the new Fastpass+ eligible attractions or just the legacy Fastpass attractions?
  • If I don't make any Fastpass+ reservations, will I be able to acquire more than 3 Fastpasses day of, and will there be the same restrictions that govern Fastpass+ (no duplicate attractions, attractions broken up into groups)?
  • Will day of Fastpasses be scheduled, or will the return time be dictated by distribution as it is now?
  • How many Fastpass+ reservations can a guest with an AP make? Premium AP? Is it limited by day? month? quarter? year?
  • Will return windows by greater than one hour on lower demand Fastpass attractions?
If Fastpass+ vs. Day of Fastpass is an either/or option it could work without significantly hurting current distribution. I think 3 per day is probably too much, but if it restricts all other use as well as park hopping, that should be a significant deterrent for usage. What this also poses is some questions on usage:
  • Will a greater percentage of Fastpass+ reservations be redeemed versus legacy Fastpass?
  • How has usage changed as a result of return time enforcement? Are more Fastpasses being distributed because less people are making their Fastpass reservation?

Rob562

If you must tie it to a ticket, what about people who don't buy their tickets until they arrive at WDW? There must be a way to do this without having tickets, right?

In reading through the TOS for the Android app last night, it looks like your FP+ choices will be an aspect of your MM+/disney.com login profile and not specifically your ticket. When you make FP+ choices, either on the website, the app (or presumably an in-park kiosk) they're linked to your account. You'll then link a ticket/wristband to your account in some way (it's not totally clear). That means when you wave your ticket at the FP+ entrance post, it uses the card to reference back to your MM+ account to verify that you've got a valid FP+ entrance.

It also appears that linking to your friends' accounts (they have their own login) means that you can make FP+ reservations for them and vice versa. There also appears that there is (or will be) a way to take a profile you've created on your account and move it over to a new login profile. So if Mom creates a profile for her teenage son in order to make FP+ reservations, that profile for the son can be moved over to be under his control if he creates his own MM+ login account.

-Rob

luv

That's the $64,000 question. Did Disney spend all this money without intending it to help its declining onsite occupancy rate? Did Disney spend all this money without planning to supplement the EMH benefit, whose hours have been cut back?
They did this to increase occupancy. Their hotels are overpriced (in the true sense of the word) and they know it. They don't want to lower the cost, so they're trying to do something that will get people back into their hotels. EMH was not working and will likely be gone in the end. They are trying to copy what Uni did, but Uni's system makes everything simple and easy. Uni makes a vacation more relaxing and fun.

Disney's system appears to anything but simple or easy and promises more work instead of less. Nothing fun about that...and I think it will lead to more disappointment than anything else.
As long as onsite and offsite guests are treated equally, FP+ does not encourage offsite guests to stay onsite. It does encourage both offsite and onsite guests to plan ahead. It discourages last minute "defections" to other Orlando theme parks.

I don't think it will encourage more people to plan. I think they'll have the same amount of planners they always did. Some people are planners; some aren't. Those who aren't will not be researching all this stuff before they go. They'll be learning about it when they arrive.

The only way to compete with Uni is to offer amazing experiences at Disney. This is something I don't think they want to do. How old is Captain EO? Going on 30 years? Disney continues to cut back and cut back. They remove all the little stuff that keeps people overjoyed and impressed. The street entertainment makes a difference, but they cut back. The landscaping makes a difference. Cut it back. Cleanliness, maintenance, service, new and updated rides...all casualties.

And they still aren't done. They want to see how far they can cut back before people just stop going to Disney. They'll get there eventually.

Spending all this money on unnecessary RFID and tech stuff that is a fad and will be replaced with something else is just, IMO, ridiculous. Most (not all) of us here have been alive long enough to know technology just marches forward and none of it can be considered permanent. It's all glister, but someone talked them into believing it was gold. They bought it.

I like Disney. I really, really do. And I try not to be too down on them or their management, with whom I'm not really familiar. I hope that they are doing a smart thing here. But I don't think they are. And I don't think they care.

stlphil

Some questions that I have yet to see Disney answer:
  • What percentage of Fastpass eligible attractions will be available for Fastpass+ reservations 60 days in advance?
  • Can Fastpass+ reservations booked 60 days in advance be changed after the window has expired if I miss my window and there is availability? (This is referenced in the new Terms of Service, but it's as clear as I would like it to be).
  • If I don't book Fastpass+ reservations, what attractions will be available to me for day of Fastpass? Will it be all of the new Fastpass+ eligible attractions or just the legacy Fastpass attractions?
  • If I don't make any Fastpass+ reservations, will I be able to acquire more than 3 Fastpasses day of, and will there be the same restrictions that govern Fastpass+ (no duplicate attractions, attractions broken up into groups)?
  • Will day of Fastpasses be scheduled, or will the return time be dictated by distribution as it is now?
  • How many Fastpass+ reservations can a guest with an AP make? Premium AP? Is it limited by day? month? quarter? year?
  • Will return windows by greater than one hour on lower demand Fastpass attractions?
If Fastpass+ vs. Day of Fastpass is an either/or option it could work without significantly hurting current distribution. I think 3 per day is probably too much, but if it restricts all other use as well as park hopping, that should be a significant deterrent for usage. What this also poses is some questions on usage:
  • Will a greater percentage of Fastpass+ reservations be redeemed versus legacy Fastpass?
  • How has usage changed as a result of return time enforcement? Are more Fastpasses being distributed because less people are making their Fastpass reservation?
Not sure that Disney even knows the answers to all these questions yet.

And whatever the answers are when FP+ gets fully rolled out, you can bet that some off those answers will be different six months later.

JustJude

In reading through the TOS for the Android app last night, it looks like your FP+ choices will be an aspect of your MM+/disney.com login profile and not specifically your ticket. When you make FP+ choices, either on the website, the app (or presumably an in-park kiosk) they're linked to your account. You'll then link a ticket/wristband to your account in some way (it's not totally clear). That means when you wave your ticket at the FP+ entrance post, it uses the card to reference back to your MM+ account to verify that you've got a valid FP+ entrance.

It also appears that linking to your friends' accounts (they have their own login) means that you can make FP+ reservations for them and vice versa. There also appears that there is (or will be) a way to take a profile you've created on your account and move it over to a new login profile. So if Mom creates a profile for her teenage son in order to make FP+ reservations, that profile for the son can be moved over to be under his control if he creates his own MM+ login account.

-Rob

The T&Cs state:

"A confirmed FastPass+ selection is not valid for admission to any theme or water park and valid park admission is required to make and use FastPass+ selections. To make a FastPass+ selection for yourself or your Friends, you must either retrieve a Resort package reservation including valid park admission through your account or associate valid park admission to your account.

Magic Your Way ticket holders and annual passholders may make FastPass+ selections beginning 60 days prior to day of use. The selection window may vary for other admission tickets.

You may convert certain paper tickets or passes to a paperless ticket or pass in the Site/App. Once converted in the Site/App, your ticket or pass park admission entitlements are stored in your Site/App account and fulfilled by an RF Device. The paper ticket or pass becomes void and is no longer valid for admission. You are required to convert paper tickets and passes in order to make and use FastPass+ selections. Once you convert a ticket or pass you will no longer be able to participate in the standard FASTPASS service upon arrival at the parks.
You may convert up to five valid unexpired paper tickets or passes for yourself and for your Friends."

So if you are staying a mixture of on site and off site which I am doing, I can't use FP plus because we plan on using our tickets before we go on site. They are tying them to your reservation. We will be able to exchange our paper tickets at guest services I imagine for an RFID product but who knows what fast pass + spots will be available then. Big decision as we originally planned on using a magic band but now looks like we can't if we want to fast pass in the first few days.

lego606

MagicBandit
Speaking of all this conversion... I wonder if the old Park Hopper Plus tickets can be added for those of us who have them lying around.

edit: as in, can they be changed to Magic Your Way through the app, or does that still need to be done in person

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Speaking of all this conversion... I wonder if the old Park Hopper Plus tickets can be added for those of us who have them lying around.

edit: as in, can they be changed to Magic Your Way through the app, or does that still need to be done in person

Ticket exchanges are always in person because they take the old ticket... It's an exchange

JustJude

Ticket exchanges are always in person because they take the old ticket... It's an exchange

The T&Cs say differently. Looks like it depends what tickets...

You may convert certain paper tickets or passes to a paperless ticket or pass in the Site/App. Once converted in the Site/App, your ticket or pass park admission entitlements are stored in your Site/App account and fulfilled by an RF Device. The paper ticket or pass becomes void and is no longer valid for admission

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom