Updated my magic+ experience terms of service in app today

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
The T&Cs say differently. Looks like it depends what tickets...

You may convert certain paper tickets or passes to a paperless ticket or pass in the Site/App. Once converted in the Site/App, your ticket or pass park admission entitlements are stored in your Site/App account and fulfilled by an RF Device. The paper ticket or pass becomes void and is no longer valid for admission

That's assuming you have a current, valid ticket type. The MYW tickets are barcoded and digitally validated - Old tickets (the topic here) are not, and convey value simply by not being stamped/punched/etc. To migrate those ticket types, they must confiscate the old ticket to 1) balance their tills and 2) make sure you don't keep using it :)

As has always been the case.. when you have a ticket type that is not compatible with the current park system, they will exchange your ticket for current ticket media.

Presumably the system will allow entering the codes off tickets to allow transfering the validity of an existing paper ticket to the site/app. If your ticket type is not supported, you'll need to exchange the ticket at a ticket window or guest services.

lego606

MagicBandit
That's assuming you have a current, valid ticket type. The MYW tickets are barcoded and digitally validated - Old tickets (the topic here) are not, and convey value simply by not being stamped/punched/etc. To migrate those ticket types, they must confiscate the old ticket to 1) balance their tills and 2) make sure you don't keep using it :)

As has always been the case.. when you have a ticket type that is not compatible with the current park system, they will exchange your ticket for current ticket media.

Presumably the system will allow entering the codes off tickets to allow transfering the validity of an existing paper ticket to the site/app. If your ticket type is not supported, you'll need to exchange the ticket at a ticket window or guest services.
Wasn't PHP electronic as well?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
Wasn't PHP electronic as well?

Dunno - but from what I've seen - in the past it didn't seem like they put much effort into making the actual ticketing systems backwards compatible.. rather push people to exchange for current ticket media.

Genie of the Lamp

Disney posted an updated version of the my experience app today and included an updated terms of service in it as well. Previously the tos was a gold mine in terms of details on the service... So lets look at what it talks about now!

updated terms (date march 5)

Mainly add a bunch of clarifying info... Talk about areas not covered before ( like travel agents )... And clarifying age restrictions throughout

But it does now explicitly state RFID cards are not read by the long range readers (as I and others have been trying to tell people...)

It does say guests 10 and older will automatically get charging priveldges ... I think that is a big mistake.

They talk about 'vacation notifications' now as another class of notifications you can sign up for... Including via push to the app. Hellllloooo nextgen coupons ;)

For fp+... It now says Myw and ap holders.. When discussing the 60day window... So that's explicit for ap holders now.

No discussion of the actual limit on fp+ per day except to say it is limited. (No talk of three or another number). Without looking it up.. In pretty sure this said 3 prior and that's where 3 came from. Need to look that up :). But either way, we've always assumed Disney will massage that number.

It now talks about using fp+ for restaurants where you have an arrival window and preselect a meal. I don't think we've seen this referred to as fp+ before...

They included the google tos when dealing with park maps in the app...

Just another thing I saw that I've never seen on their and I'm sure you knew as well (just forgot to mention it):
-There are two types of friends you can have within MyDisneyExperience: managed friends or connected friends. Managed friends are guests with profiles you create and manage on their behalf. Connected friends are friends who’s profiles you do not create or manage. By sending or accepting an invitation to become connected friends with someone, you authorize those connected friends to plan and modify activities for you including FastPass+ selections. Disney states they're not liable for changes, so if your friends mess up your reservations, well, you’re out of luck.

michmousefan

I am not too worried about this since a PIN code is required for all transactions. I think it would also be safe to assume that you can turn off charging privileges if you wanted to. "On" is simply now the default setting for those classified as an adult to Disney.
Classified as "Adult" at age 10, yet they can't enter the parks if under age 14 unless accompanied... I'm not saying that's a bad thing; it just shows where Disney has their priorities set.

lego606

MagicBandit
One thing I just realized: This will cut out Cast sign-ins from getting FP+ (unless they have a separate plan for that, but as I'm seeing it this basically cuts them out - and I think someone said Florida Resident tix are the same way possibly)

John

Go ahead call me an idiot.....but all this is just rediculus. Connected friends, not connected friends.....setting up profiles.....downloading apps....all of it...its making my head spin. I just want to go and relax, have a nice time. making ADRS 180 days out...making FP+ 60 days out....oy vey. Then pay what amounts to a kings ransom. GO ahead Disney keep pushing me. Its said that there are people from Disney who reads this board. Good, Hey DIsney keep it up.You say you wont miss me? There are ten people behind me.....the parks are packed. Well guess what I wont miss you either.

Heck I dont know weather I am supposed to opt-in or opt-out. Some of you seem like you have a handle on this....good for you. The more I read the less I understand. Go ahead call me an idot.

Cosmic Commando

Classified as "Adult" at age 10, yet they can't enter the parks if under age 14 unless accompanied... I'm not saying that's a bad thing; it just shows where Disney has their priorities set.
My oldest is 6 right now, so I really don't know if I'd let my kids enter the parks by themselves at 12 or 13, but it definitely rubs me the wrong way that 10 is an "adult", but some "adults" cannot enter a park by themselves. If Disney says you're not old enough to enter a park by yourself until you're 14, that sounds like a pretty good cutoff for what constitutes an "adult" to me.

Plus, I think it would make enforcing the "14 Rule" infinitely easier for CM's. If you have an adult ticket (14+), you can enter the park by yourself. If you have a 13-and-under ticket, you need an adult. I don't think many people would spend the extra money to buy their 12 YO an adult ticket just so they could let them run around by themselves. I know this has been brought up before, but the rule as it stands now is a mess. Kids normally don't carry ID until they are 15/16!

Skippy's Pal

I'll bet a clever attorney could bring Disney to heel on that age 10 / 14 inconsistency right quick. in this child-protective-conscious age, the 14 limit for solo entry makes some sense, and certainly DL should not be an all-day babysitter as it has been used, but if an adult ticket doesn't bring adult "privileges," there must be some useful California consumer protection law somewhere. Wonder what the financial impact is of raising "child" admission to 14. They'd probably have to add another 75 cents to the price of a Mickey Bar.

dhall

Eisner is no longer sitting in the CEO chair...

For all he messed up, he did bring us 7 new parks and 2 water parks.
The cynic in me would add up all the fractional parks and come up with a total closer to 5 new parks spread out behind 7 new entrances.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom