Updated my magic+ experience terms of service in app today

SirOinksALot

Nothing wrong with either....
I mean, 12,280 posts... one would think you'd have syntax dialed in a bit better by now.

Around 10 posts a day, every day for four years? No wonder you don't remember how FP works, never getting out and all.

All snarkiness aside, the NGE info here from "insiders" has really been quite terrible.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I mean, 12,280 posts... one would think you'd have syntax dialed in a bit better by now.

And one would think you could actually come up with something better to counter than my syntax. But considering Disney is both limiting the number of FPs under this program, and to one park a day, I guess we're both out of luck.....

wdwgreek

It seems like this will make park hopping with fast passes more difficult or did I misread the annocement, it seems you are limited to selecting one set of fastpasses for one park per day?

SirOinksALot

And one would think you could actually come up with something better to counter than my syntax. But considering Disney is both limiting the number of FPs under this program, and to one park a day, I guess we're both out of luck.....
FP as it exists now isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Or anytime not soon for that matter.

I wish I could remember the future :(

ParentsOf4

It seems like this will make park hopping with fast passes more difficult or did I misread the annocement, it seems you are limited to selecting one set of fastpasses for one park per day?
I believe FP+ will change park hopping, perhaps even make it easier if you are able to get "good" FP+ selections.

Let me take the most obvious example using TSM and Soarin'. Both attractions often have 2-hour plus Standby queues. If you are able to get an afternoon or evening FP+ selection for (for example) Soarin', you could visit DHS for opening and ride TSM first thing (before the line grows too long) and then later hop over to Epcot and use your Soarin' FP+ selection there, without having to wait in too long of a line for either attraction.

The key is to get FP+ selections during the afternoon or evening for attractions that typically develop long Standby queues.

I've played with the numbers believe only about 1-in-4 Epcot guests on a typical day will be able to get a "good time" for Soarin'. The percentage is similar for TSM. Like ADRs, it will be important to book your FP+ experiences early.

SirOinksALot

Really? So the FP+ rollout is just for snicks and giggles? Now who's being absurd?

You think everyone's going to be on FP+ as opposed to "two" systems? You buy a ticket at the gate and walk in... what do those people use?

You really don't have any idea what's going on, do you? Baseless speculation seems to be the norm here anymore. Maybe Uncle 74 can come make up some scary bedtime stories for everyone.

ParentsOf4

Are you guys going to regale us with stories of 10 cent coffee next?
DAK is only 15 years old. Even Starbucks had been around for over a quarter of a century when DAK opened.

MK-to-Epcot opening: 11 years
Epcot-to-DHS opening: 7 years
DHS-to-DAK opening: 9 years
Years since DAK opened: 15 and counting

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You think everyone's going to be on FP+ as opposed to "two" systems? You buy a ticket at the gate and walk in... what do those people use?

You really don't have any idea what's going on, do you? Baseless speculation seems to be the norm here anymore. Maybe Uncle 74 can come make up some scary bedtime stories for everyone.

Perhaps not, but I can tell you Disney isn't spending 1.5 billion-plus on these programs just to maintain the status quo when it comes to the FP/FP+ system. Which in the end will mean everyone in some way will have to comply. And as Disney's own Terms of Use states, that means a limited amount of passes at one park per day.

SirOinksALot

Right, which is why a small fraction of that figure is for FP+.

Honest question here: what do you think is the ETA on the first FP machine getting ripped out?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Right, which is why a small fraction of that figure is for FP+.

Honest question here: what do you think is the ETA on the first FP machine getting ripped out?

With magic bands alone going to AP holders, resort guests and those with photo packages, the FP+ program won't be far behind in terms of full implementation.

Honestly? As soon as they're satisfied the bugs are worked out of the system, and they feel guests have become acclimated to the new system(s). Which could take some time.....

ParentsOf4

Consider ADRs. Does WDW set aside tables for day guests?

FP+ rewards those who plan ahead. This works to WDW's advantage. It simply doesn't make sense upsetting someone who's willing to commit to ride (for example) Peter Pan 60 days ahead of time to in order to satisfy someone who might show up at the gate that day.

So far, it appears FP+ selections will be tied to your ticket. Purchase a 10-day ticket and you should be able to make 10 days' worth of FP+ selections. (It will be interesting to see how AP is handled.) Purchase a one-day ticket at the gate and make selections for what's available that day.

luv

If you must tie it to a ticket, what about people who don't buy their tickets until they arrive at WDW? There must be a way to do this without having tickets, right?

Also, what about last-minute travelers? I've done this myself any number of times and know others who have done it, as well. Will they just not get FPs?

I'm not worried about being tracked because I don't care if they know that I stood in line for Haunted Mansion...and I stick my cards in an RFID-protected wallet. I just don't want the dreaded wristband. :)

ParentsOf4

If you must tie it to a ticket, what about people who don't buy their tickets until they arrive at WDW? There must be a way to do this without having tickets, right?

Also, what about last-minute travelers? I've done this myself any number of times and know others who have done it, as well. Will they just not get FPs?
Again, what do last minute travelers do about getting a table at (for example) Cinderella’s Royal Table or Le Cellier? They simply are out-of-luck.

It seems to me Disney is moving FP+ in the direction of ADRs. Is it possible they will hold back a few prime FP+ selections for day guests? Sure. But it doesn't make good business sense. WDW already has more onsite guests than capacity for the "good" attractions. Why would Disney want to upset these onsite guests so they can hold back a few prime FP+ selections for people who show up last-minute at the gate?

If I'm paying $600/night at the Grand Floridian, I'm going to let Disney know my displeasure if I hear someone hooting about getting a last-minute FP+ selection for Peter Pan when I couldn't book it 59 days before.

Genie of the Lamp

I believe FP+ will change park hopping, perhaps even make it easier if you are able to get "good" FP+ selections.

Let me take the most obvious example using TSM and Soarin'. Both attractions often have 2-hour plus Standby queues. If you are able to get an afternoon or evening FP+ selection for (for example) Soarin', you could visit DHS for opening and ride TSM first thing (before the line grows too long) and then later hop over to Epcot and use your Soarin' FP+ selection there, without having to wait in too long of a line for either attraction.

The key is to get FP+ selections during the afternoon or evening for attractions that typically develop long Standby queues.

I've played with the numbers believe only about 1-in-4 Epcot guests on a typical day will be able to get a "good time" for Soarin'. The percentage is similar for TSM. Like ADRs, it will be important to book your FP+ experiences early.

I thought if you participated in FP+ you wouldn't be able to park hop meaning you could only use all your FP+'s for the day at one WDW park of your choice? Did this change recently or was this never really under consideration?

ParentsOf4

I thought if you participated in FP+ you wouldn't be able to park hop meaning you could only use all your FP+'s for the day at one WDW park of your choice? Did this change recently or was this never really under consideration?
The strategy with the FP+ system would be to tour a park first thing after opening before the lines get too long using the Standby lines. Lines typically are shortest for the first hour or two after opening. Then, hop over to a second park in the afternoon, if you have later FP+ selections for that park.

For example, be at DHS for rope drop, use the Standby lines for TSM (always first;)), RnRC, TOT, and STII. Depending on your pace, you could be done with these by 11 AM. (I've done them even faster.) If you want, then watch one of the DHS shows (which handle lots of people), perhaps have lunch, and then hop over to Epcot where, hopefully, you have afternoon or early evening FP+ selections for either TT or Soarin'.

Does this make sense?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom