Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Californian Elitist

I represent Orlando. AND WE WANT IT!! And don't worry, you'll get it. The same ride that was in in line to open at DHS. Everything was in place. Even the building. That was ours! And you guys stole it!! Someone could have spoke up at TWDC and say, "Hey, shouldn't we give them something cool, like that Monster's INC. Coaster we've been planning for years? It's only fair." But no. We can never have nice things.

If it happens, I want Carsland at DHS.

Anyhoo™, I hope you enjoy it. We'll have pretty wristbands as a replacement, that may or may not actually work... and may or may not be tracking us... What a trade off.

I don't want the door coaster. And I honestly hope Orlando doesn't get Cars Land.

The door attraction doesn't thematically fit at either of the two parks. Not to mention sloppy seconds. I'd rather they'd come up with a completely new ride, not put it one that was meant for another park.

Fairybuzz

I don't want the door coaster. And I honestly hope Orlando doesn't get Cars Land.

The door attraction doesn't thematically fit at either of the two parks. Not to mention sloppy seconds. I'd rather they'd come up with a completely new ride, not put it one that was meant for another park.

The thing is pixar makes a ton of movies that can't really go into any of the parks' themed lands. But anything can fit into some form of studio theme with the excuse of "its animation"

Californian Elitist

The thing is pixar makes a ton of movies that can't really go into any of the parks' themed lands. But anything can fit into some form of studio theme with the excuse of "its animation"

DCA is not a studios park, and DHS shouldn't be considered one. The rumor is Monstropolis would be a sub land of Hollywood Land, which is no big deal, but it has nothing to do with California.

Fairybuzz

DCA is not a studios park, and DHS shouldn't be considered one. The rumor is Monstropolis would be a sub land of Hollywood Land, which is no big deal, but it has nothing to do with California.

I meant that its themed like a studio in the same way Frontierland is Themed like a frontier (but obviously isn't unless I've seriously missed a lot in history class :p) but thats neither here nor there. the Point I was making is that they think parks with a theme of "place of movies" are a catchall for anything they just wanna drop somewhere.

Californian Elitist

I meant that its themed like a studio in the same way Frontierland is Themed like a frontier (but obviously isn't unless I've seriously missed a lot in history class :p) but thats neither here nor there. the Point I was making is that they think parks with a theme of "place of movies" are a catchall for anything they just wanna drop somewhere.

Exactly, and that just doesn't work, unless it's a real studio (Universal Hollywood).

Cousin Huet

It is strange that we have "inside" info. about these big, ever changing plans for the parks but nobody has enough "inside" pull to even make a guess at when a nearly complete Meet and Greet will open. Lets you know not to get worked-up at all about any of the speculation in regards to plans for the parks as nobody really knows. Anyone with real knowledge (not specualtion or rumors) on what is or is not coming to Disney parks could throw out a target date for SDMT or PFTH but nobody can.

Anyone want to share a little insider knowledge here??? When can my daughter experience the new Princess Fairytale Hall or the family experience the new Snow White attraction???? I know, I know......Fall 2013 and Spring 2014!

Cousin Huet

It is strange that we have "inside" info. about these big, ever changing plans for the parks but nobody has enough "inside" pull to even make a guess at when a nearly complete Meet and Greet will open. Lets you know not to get worked-up at all about any of the speculation in regards to plans for the parks as nobody really knows. Anyone with real knowledge (not specualtion or rumors) on what is or is not coming to Disney parks could throw out a target date for SDMT or PFTH but nobody can.

Anyone want to share a little insider knowledge here??? When can my daughter experience the new Princess Fairytale Hall or the family experience the new Snow White attraction???? I know, I know......Fall 2013 and Spring 2014!

THPFanatic

I still can't believe DCA got the Door Coaster. That was DHS's one little original attraction. The one cool thing they were supposed to get and it gets taken away for DLR. Do they have to get everything? Good lord. Even our Star Warsland is just going to be a poor man's copy of there's, it seems. This is why I am now determined to get a Carsland for DHS. We deserve the rip off of their best attraction after all of this.

And @Fairybuzz should really consider trademarking "Anyhoo."

You mean like when they ripped off our ToT, easily the best attraction in DHS. You saw how that came out for them, copying rides to make them worse is a no go for me.

PeterAlt

I still can't believe DCA got the Door Coaster. That was DHS's one little original attraction. The one cool thing they were supposed to get and it gets taken away for DLR. Do they have to get everything? Good lord. Even our Star Warsland is just going to be a poor man's copy of there's, it seems. This is why I am now determined to get a Carsland for DHS. We deserve the rip off of their best attraction after all of this.

And @Fairybuzz should really consider trademarking "Anyhoo."
Wait? DCA got the Doors Coasters? I'm assuming this is like Rock N Roller Coaster but with Jim Morrison and all them.... I'M KIDDING!

Seriously, it hasn't been announced yet. My guess is that if DCA gets it, so will DHS. What is the source of your information?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I recently have seen a Route 66 sight in dhs. Is this a sight for carsland?

Where did you see this? Are you referring to this?

Sunset%2Band%2BRoute%2B66%2B%252804-11%2529.JPG

vagabondarts

DHS is depressing. The park and the resort as a whole needs an expansion the size and cost of cars land at DCA for each park. I don't know what they are going to do or even how, but they really need to do it.

The "hot set" "theming" is so cheap, disposable and tired to be almost insulting. Can we please abandon that concept?

If it weren't for Tower of Terror and Rockin Roller Coaster DHS would be a pointless trip.

I don't think they ever want to flesh the parks out to be full day experiences for some reason. If they did wouldn't people stay longer?
Maybe not and that's why they're not building for full day experiences in HS and AK.

Next time I go to Orlando I'll be going to US and IOA to see all the cool stuff I've missed out on.

Went to magic kingdom last summer with my GF and talked it up for a year before we got there. Once we did it was kind of depressing how run down things were. I don't think she noticed since it was her first time ever going. She had fun and I did too (we were together on vacation after all) but I noticed just how far standards had fallen.

Effects not working on HM and Splash, exposed power wires on the rooftops at Main Street station, rancid smells around there too, crappy food (thanks to the DDP no doubt), even things like souvenir shirts were questionable quality.

The amount of work before them from decades of inaction and laziness is absolutely staggering.
If they manage to turn it around (I say if), it will be the greatest turnaround in the history of the industry, eclipsing DCA's recent success.

I really hope they can do it because I love WDW and it can be so much better than where it is today.

Anyway rant over. I'm really hoping there are multifaceted plans to build new things in every park and bring the standards up from where they are currently.

PeterAlt

There's this mall I always went to called the Boynton Beach Mall. It used to have all the coolest trendiest stores (including a Disney Store and an Electonics Boutique that I worked at). Any way, in more recent years, they built a new mall in Wellington closer to where I live. The Wellington Mall has all the latest greatest trendiest things now (including an Apple store). It's been years since I visited the Boynton Mall.

Any way, a few weeks ago, I decided to check out the Boynton Mall and see what's new. I was in for a surprise. The mall is nothing like how it was. It went completely ghetto and I have no other words to describe it.

Why do I bring this up? Because EPCOT Center is becoming like the Boynton Beach Mall. A shell if its former self.

Disneybear

While Disney thinks about it Universal is continuing their building spree. Potter 2 coming up, Jurassic park ride and some redoing. Lorax ride is rumored to be up next, new family hotel about to open up. I know Disney thinks they are way a head of Universal but I have to say Uni is trying to catch up for sure.

Epcot really needs some help I think and HS isn't great once you've done it once.

Just saying.
What are the chances of there being a Potterland 3 before a Star Wars land at the Studios, after Warner Bros announced a new series a films based in the Potter universe?

KatieLovesDisney

While Disney thinks about it Universal is continuing their building spree. Potter 2 coming up, Jurassic park ride and some redoing. Lorax ride is rumored to be up next, new family hotel about to open up. I know Disney thinks they are way a head of Universal but I have to say Uni is trying to catch up for sure.

Epcot really needs some help I think and HS isn't great once you've done it once.

Just saying.
Does that mean that Harry Potter land is expanding?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom