Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Bairstow

FWIW: I heard another EPCOT rumor this past weekend. A good friend of mine's father works at WDW. He seems pretty sure that there will be a full refurb at Imagination. Fingers crossed.

Not sure if this is any kind of reliable source, but when I asked some of the cast members working the gift shop there last week about a possible refurb, jokingly, they answered rather quickly, "oh, pretty soon."

Last edited:

James122

I definitly agree that DHS needs some major TLC. Perhaps not as extreme a makeover as California Adventure, but it has certainly become a little dog-eared over the years.

Hopefully it'll get some attention from TDO very soon.

As for Potter Phase 3, I can't imagine where they'd come up with the room for it without either re-appropriating another section of the park, or somehow acquiring more land. Universal Resort, similar to Disneyland Resort, is pretty landlocked, no?

Sped2424

FWIW: I heard another EPCOT rumor this past weekend. A good friend of mine's father works at WDW. He seems pretty sure that there will be a full refurb at Imagination. Fingers crossed.
Yes that ride needs help, I never rode the original but I rode the current version the other week and man was I so sad for it. The attraction was dusty. DUSTY. That should say it all right there.

DVC91

Epcot really needs some help I think and HS isn't great once you've done it once.

Just saying.

Considering the fact that Future World has an (I've heard otherwise, but let's call it what it is) abandoned restaurant and an empty ghost of a former bustling pavilion rotting away (not mentioning Imagination) , I'd say EPCOT is definitely in need of help. I miss Body Wars! And those bikes with the TV screens that took you around MK! Maybe someday

montyz81

Yes that ride needs help, I never rode the original but I rode the current version the other week and man was I so sad for it. The attraction was dusty. DUSTY. That should say it all right there.
All they need to do is get Crayola as a sponser and they are golden!

misterID

There's this mall I always went to called the Boynton Beach Mall. It used to have all the coolest trendiest stores (including a Disney Store and an Electonics Boutique that I worked at). Any way, in more recent years, they built a new mall in Wellington closer to where I live. The Wellington Mall has all the latest greatest trendiest things now (including an Apple store). It's been years since I visited the Boynton Mall.

Any way, a few weeks ago, I decided to check out the Boynton Mall and see what's new. I was in for a surprise. The mall is nothing like how it was. It went completely ghetto and I have no other words to describe it.

Why do I bring this up? Because EPCOT Center is becoming like the Boynton Beach Mall. A shell if its former self.

I thought EPCOT was in much better shape than MK. The big problem with EPCOT is that shuttered building. But they really need to do something about UOE. The screens are absolutely filthy. The films seem dated and the AA's need some updating. If you're going to keep the film aspects make them 3D, which could be pretty cool.

Also, when TT had a 50 minute wait, M:S had a 10, and that was green, orange was 5 minutes and I think that was (intentionally?) misleading as I literally walked on as soon as I made it inside. Maybe 8 people were in there. There was a longer line for SSE and Nemo than M:S. Just sayin, if you're going to have a big E make it where it competes for foot traffic with the other E next door by making an attraction more accessible to more people -- I don't know how big the demo is for people who don't have a problem with small spaces and don't realize their actions in pushing those buttons have zero impact on the ride for those cheap graphics, but it doesn't seem to be very big.

And of course, Imagination. WS could use some love in the attractions department, too.

2epcot_shaman

Currently at the World, and spent the day at Hollywood Studios, CM there said that Imagination is supposed to go down January 2014 for a long rehab that will last a year. He did say that "hopefully" this will happen. I realize that CMs are usually the last to know something like, especially being able to give a specific date of a closure. After all, this information came from a CM at Hollywood Studios, would he know about EPCOT? I really don't know.

novawildcat18

Currently at the World, and spent the day at Hollywood Studios, CM there said that Imagination is supposed to go down January 2014 for a long rehab that will last a year. He did say that "hopefully" this will happen. I realize that CMs are usually the last to know something like, especially being able to give a specific date of a closure. After all, this information came from a CM at Hollywood Studios, would he know about EPCOT? I really don't know.
There's a good chance that the CM doesn't know anything more about this than we do. He is probably basing this off of internet rumors or strange rumors that float around the company. Some of the rumors that go around from CM to CM just make no logical sense...

2epcot_shaman

There's a good chance that the CM doesn't know anything more about this than we do. He is probably basing this off of internet rumors or strange rumors that float around the company. Some of the rumors that go around from CM to CM just make no logical sense...
Actually, probably a great chance he doesn't know, they usually seem to be the last to be really in the know. Just thought I'd post what he told me.

dupac

That generally happens in all companies. Last summer at my internship, the front-line guys told me all sorts of rumors about a new software implementation that was "imminent," but when I asked my mentor at corporate, he told me they didn't even have a projected implementation date at that point.

Winter

I actually sort of like the hat.Alright you can kill me now.

Also, last weekend or two weekends ago, my dad had to go to disney for work. He talked to a bus driver and the bus driver said these things to him (he said this when he came back

Downtown disney knocking down and rebuilding with double the stuff.

Whole new star wars thing (or cars land) at honey i shrunk the audience

Whole new star wars park that's bigger then epcot

This makes up for the very few changes since 2008.

The Visionary Soul

I actually sort of like the hat.Alright you can kill me now.

Also, last weekend or two weekends ago, my dad had to go to disney for work. He talked to a bus driver and the bus driver said these things to him (he said this when he came back

Downtown disney knocking down and rebuilding with double the stuff.

Whole new star wars thing (or cars land) at honey i shrunk the audience

Whole new star wars park that's bigger then epcot

This makes up for the very few changes since 2008.
Did the bus driver tell you that the bus runs on magic too? Seriously man, come on, you can never ever trust a Disney bus driver about rumors.

This is actually what is happening: Avatar is going in Animal Kingdom. Downtown Disney is expanding. And a Star Wars land is going into Hollywood Studios. None of that other stuff he told your dad is true. Sorry buddy, nothing is going to make up for the lack of expansions since... well, like you said, 2008.

Winter

Did the bus driver tell you that the bus runs on magic too? Seriously man, come on, you can never ever trust a Disney bus driver about rumors.

This is actually what is happening: Avatar is going in Animal Kingdom. Downtown Disney is expanding. And a Star Wars land is going into Hollywood Studios. None of that other stuff he told your dad is true. Sorry buddy, nothing is going to make up for the lack of expansions since... well, like you said, 2008.
Oops sorry i meant a bus driver at walt disney world

EHR21

From the Disney Blog website: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...n-man-coming-to-hong-kong-disneyland-in-2016/

Tom Staggs replying to someone that asked about Avatar: "Our Imagineers are fast at work dreaming up new experiences for our guests around the globe. And as you noted, that includes the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom history with New Fantasyland, where Seven Dwarfs Mine Coaster will open soon. And since you mention it, the Avatar project for Animal Kingdom is coming along very nicely. You’ll see more on that very soon!"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom