Upcoming/Rumored Projects

PeterAlt

What does Lasseter have to do with this? Do you mean Bob Iger?
No, John Lasseter. Read the Miceage blog from a couple of weeks ago. It showed pictures of Lasseter giving the Board a tour of Cars Land in an effort to impress them into voting for a redo of Tomorrowland with a Star Wars theme at DLR as well as a modest redo of DHS that would include Star Wars as part of it. I don't remember if it said if Cars Land was part of the DHS proposal. Any way, it specifically said Lasseter went directly to Board to make his case for money for those projects to get them green lit. Iger was there for the vote, like the other members were, but he did not make the presentation - Lasseter did.

So, I was just curious of the timing of this and why Lasseter chose to do this before the D23 convention. Also, what is not known is if the Board voted to approve spending on Lasseter's proposed projects.

No, John Lasseter. Read the Miceage blog from a couple of weeks ago. It showed pictures of Lasseter giving the Board a tour of Cars Land in an effort to impress them into voting for a redo of Tomorrowland with a Star Wars theme at DLR as well as a modest redo of DHS that would include Star Wars as part of it. I don't remember if it said if Cars Land was part of the DHS proposal. Any way, it specifically said Lasseter went directly to Board to make his case for money for those projects to get them green lit. Iger was there for the vote, like the other members were, but he did not make the presentation - Lasseter did.

So, I was just curious of the timing of this and why Lasseter chose to do this before the D23 convention. Also, what is not known is if the Board voted to approve spending on Lasseter's proposed projects.

Ummmm... no. Lasseter has had very little involvement with WDI since Cars Land was in the latter stages of production. He certainly hasn't been pushing the Board to approve a Tomorrowland remodel. Iger gave the Board a tour of DCA a few weeks/months back with Bob Weis, Tom Staggs, and Bruce Vaughn, but Lasseter was not involved.

aladdin2007

I thought the board did vote down the DHS redo, for now, or anything major for that matter for WDW, because of nextgen expense,,,where did I read that now I cant remember.

Langdonj

My gate analogy still holds up because its the one-day visitors who will be paying the tolls. The fifth gate probably won't make people stay longer, but it gives them another reason to stay period. It also gives them another reason to spend all their time at WDW versus spending a day at an another Orlando-area attraction.

Gotta figure Disney has a fomula and massive research and number crunching on when an new park is profitable. Anabody have an in with the numbers people, or do they keep them locked up?

lazyboy97o

Gotta figure Disney has a fomula and massive research and number crunching on when an new park is profitable. Anabody have an in with the numbers people, or do they keep them locked up?
If your up for digging, your best bet would probably be to see if there is anything that the Government of Hong Kong has on public record. Hong Kong Disneyland recently became profitable and the Government is the majority owner of the resort via Hongkong Theme Parks International. Euro Disney SCA, as a publicly traded company, also has published financial information.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Euro Disney info from Bloomberg:

euro disney sca - regr (EDL) Key Developments
Euro Disney SCA Reports Unaudited Revenue Results for the Third Quarter and Nine Months Ended June 30, 2013
Aug 6 13
Euro Disney SCA reported unaudited Revenue results for the third quarter and nine months ended June 30, 2013. For the quarter, the company’s revenues decreased 2% to EUR 352 million in an environment where challenging economic conditions, notably in Southern Europe, and to a lesser extent, adverse weather in France, had unfavorable impacts on the business. For the nine months, the company’s revenues increased EUR 9 million to EUR 920 million, reflecting improved guest spending and higher real estate revenues, partially offset by lower theme parks attendance and hotel occupancy.

Sadly, the stock has dropped for last year's August high about 8 down to 4 .

*1023*

When I was there in July, they were working on Tavalu, the building to the far left and close to 7 Seas Lagoon.

I think I took pictures. If I did, I'll upload in an edit later.

*1023*

"Said" photos from my previous post.

2013-07-26 14.22.25.jpg
2013-07-26 14.22.13.jpg

*1023*

Jimmy Thick

Iam personally going to call shenanigans on:

Carsland at DHS.
Star Wars Land at DHS.
Imagination Pavilion getting an extreme change other than maybe a light repackaging.

None of the mentioned rumors look to hold any weight.

Jimmy Thick- DHS keeps going up in attendance and they need to add more? I doubt it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Iam personally going to call shenanigans on:

Carsland at DHS.
Star Wars Land at DHS.
Imagination Pavilion getting an extreme change other than maybe a light repackaging.

None of the mentioned rumors look to hold any weight.

Jimmy Thick- DHS keeps going up in attendance and they need to add more? I doubt it.

I don't know about "Star Wars Land", but new Star Wars additions of some sort at DHS are a pretty safe bet. Star Wars is going to be a major part of the Disney company for at least the next 10 years. I just can't see them not doing something more to exploit it in the parks.

Jimmy Thick

I don't know about "Star Wars Land", but new Star Wars additions of some sort at DHS are a pretty safe bet. Star Wars is going to be a major part of the Disney company for at least the next 10 years. I just can't see them not doing something more to exploit it in the parks.

I would love to be wrong, but I just don't see Disney spending money on Star Wars attractions when they can use that money to make a film that will make a significant amount of revenue and profit. I can see Disney making the Star Wars weekends a little bigger and special, but that's about it, the park draws huge right now without Disney spending a thing.

Jimmy Thick- Movies make more cents.

PeterAlt

A light bolb just exploded in my head... What if Pixar gets their hands on an animated Star Wars title? I know there are plenty of 3D animated Star Wars stuff out there, but a Pixar-produced one will be as good as the live action ones! Think Wall-E. Think Incredibles. Now, replace those characters with Star Wars characters and themes... Awesomeness!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
A light bolb just exploded in my head... What if Pixar gets their hands on an animated Star Wars title? I know there are plenty of 3D animated Star Wars stuff out there, but a Pixar-produced one will be as good as the live action ones! Think Wall-E. Think Incredibles. Now, replace those characters with Star Wars characters and themes... Awesomeness!

Interesting idea, but wrong thread for it. I would post this over in the Movies and TV forum.

cba

So anywho, does anyone know the current status of these rumors? If carsland is dead I wonder what else is left/gone
If any of the rumors are true, it would probably Star Wars land. As for what's gone, well I'm not sure if it was ever serious, but I think you can count out Monstropolis.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom