Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Captain Neo

No, John Lasseter. Read the Miceage blog from a couple of weeks ago. It showed pictures of Lasseter giving the Board a tour of Cars Land in an effort to impress them into voting for a redo of Tomorrowland with a Star Wars theme at DLR as well as a modest redo of DHS that would include Star Wars as part of it. I don't remember if it said if Cars Land was part of the DHS proposal. Any way, it specifically said Lasseter went directly to Board to make his case for money for those projects to get them green lit. Iger was there for the vote, like the other members were, but he did not make the presentation - Lasseter did.

So, I was just curious of the timing of this and why Lasseter chose to do this before the D23 convention. Also, what is not known is if the Board voted to approve spending on Lasseter's proposed projects.

I read that blog it had zero mention of John Lasseter. He's not even involved with any of that stuff

Fairybuzz

If any of the rumors are true, it would probably Star Wars land. As for what's gone, well I'm not sure if it was ever serious, but I think you can count out Monstropolis.

Yeah well honestly I never really saw that idea working out. Monstropolis would probably be very lazily made like pizza planet was, just a couple of repainted buildings and wacky cars parked on the road

TP2000

Yeah well honestly I never really saw that idea working out. Monstropolis would probably be very lazily made like pizza planet was, just a couple of repainted buildings and wacky cars parked on the road

I'm afraid you've not been plugged in to the rumors on Monstropolis and its new E Ticket thrill ride.

The Monstropolis rumor broke last spring on Micechat from Al Lutz, and Lutz has been the only one to touch it in the last six months as no other online source had mentioned it previously or wanted to bring it up after Lutz broke the news. Lutz and the Micechat staff have been all alone out on a limb on the Monstropolis news at DCA for six months, but...

According to them it bulldozes both MuppetVision and Stage 17 and remakes the existing open space in that corner's large courtyard. Monstropolis keeps the existing Monsters Inc. dark ride next door, and builds a big-budget E Ticket thrill ride in the form of a "Door Coaster" that has riders strapped to doors and flying through the Monsters Inc. world. The exterior is remade into a fully fleshed out downtown Monstropolis with new shops and a new restaurant, with the Disneyland monorail zipping through the skyline for fun kinetics. After the amazing work they did on Cars Land and Buena Vista Street, they don't seem to be doing things on the cheap in DCA and Monstropolis isn't going to be done cheaply either.

At least according to Al Lutz and his Micechat staff. But again, they are the first ones to mention this six months ago and have been the only major online source to keep talking about it since. So take it with a chunk of salt if you'd like.

Fairybuzz

I'm afraid you've not been plugged in to the rumors on Monstropolis and its new E Ticket thrill ride.

The Monstropolis rumor broke last spring on Micechat from Al Lutz, and Lutz has been the only one to touch it in the last six months as no other online source had mentioned it previously or wanted to bring it up after Lutz broke the news. Lutz and the Micechat staff have been all alone out on a limb on the Monstropolis news at DCA for six months, but...

According to them it bulldozes both MuppetVision and Stage 17 and remakes the existing open space in that corner's large courtyard. Monstropolis keeps the existing Monsters Inc. dark ride next door, and builds a big-budget E Ticket thrill ride in the form of a "Door Coaster" that has riders strapped to doors and flying through the Monsters Inc. world. The exterior is remade into a fully fleshed out downtown Monstropolis with new shops and a new restaurant, with the Disneyland monorail zipping through the skyline for fun kinetics. After the amazing work they did on Cars Land and Buena Vista Street, they don't seem to be doing things on the cheap in DCA and Monstropolis isn't going to be done cheaply either.

At least according to Al Lutz and his Micechat staff. But again, they are the first ones to mention this six months ago and have been the only major online source to keep talking about it since. So take it with a chunk of salt if you'd like.

AHH!! I knew there was a Door Coaster somewhere. My mind must be going nuts lol. This isn't confirmed at DCA is it? If Al Lutz is alone it prob isn't So I answered my own question (hate when I do that :p) Love the monorail Idea. Everything's better with Monorails!!! (take the hint DHS and AK!!)

Ironically DCA (which was once a joke) IS quickly becoming an all encompassing totally immersive collective of (disjointed but passably connected) lands. Paradise Pier still needs some work but its better.

Anywho, Its kinda ironic that DCA started out as what you could call a park to dump the more affordable rides from WDW parks in like 2 3-D shows (omg!) and a river rapids eventually tower, superstar limo (BOOOO!!!! *spins grogger*) I can't help but think was a cheap-o version of Great Movie Ride. Etc Etc. Now DHS seems set to become a cheap version of DCA!

THPFanatic

I heard the Imagationland Pravilion was going to be no more come January 2, 2014, from a source known as Screamscape. Does anyone know about this rumor, if they are going to close it, or if it is just getting a huge refurbishment?

Fairybuzz

I heard the Imagationland Pravilion was going to be no more come January 2, 2014, from a source known as Screamscape. Does anyone know about this rumor, if they are going to close it, or if it is just getting a huge refurbishment?

WELL DONT START THAT AGAIN!!! lol.

theres a whole thread on that somewhere it got closed down then everyone moved to the dr. doof rumor thread (although that rumor is long dead)

Tom

Beta Return
WELL DONT START THAT AGAIN!!! lol.

theres a whole thread on that somewhere it got closed down then everyone moved to the dr. doof rumor thread (although that rumor is long dead)

He's talking about something completely different....the "Imaginationland Pravilion."

misterID

He's talking about something completely different....the "Imaginationland Pravilion."

When I read that I pictured this guy:

sp_0611_06_v6.jpg

misterID

I still can't believe DCA got the Door Coaster. That was DHS's one little original attraction. The one cool thing they were supposed to get and it gets taken away for DLR. Do they have to get everything? Good lord. Even our Star Warsland is just going to be a poor man's copy of there's, it seems. This is why I am now determined to get a Carsland for DHS. We deserve the rip off of their best attraction after all of this.

And @Fairybuzz should really consider trademarking "Anyhoo."

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I still can't believe DCA got the Door Coaster. That was DHS's one little original attraction. The one cool thing they were supposed to get and it gets taken away for DLR. Do they have to get everything? Good lord. Even our Star Warsland is just going to be a poor man's copy of there's, it seems. This is why I am now determined to get a Carsland for DHS. We deserve the rip off of their best attraction after all of this.

And @Fairybuzz should really consider trademarking "Anyhoo."

Monsters Land/the Door Coaster hasn't even been confirmed by Disney. It's not set in stone. If Anaheim does end up with the ride, don't blame them. It's not being taken away, Orlando doesn't want the attraction, hence the reason it was ditched.

misterID

Monsters Land/the Door Coaster hasn't even been confirmed by Disney. It's not set in stone. If Anaheim does end up with the ride, don't blame them. It's not being taken away, Orlando doesn't want the attraction, hence the reason it was ditched.

I represent Orlando. AND WE WANT IT!! And don't worry, you'll get it. The same ride that was in in line to open at DHS. Everything was in place. Even the building. That was ours! And you guys stole it!! Someone could have spoke up at TWDC and say, "Hey, shouldn't we give them something cool, like that Monster's INC. Coaster we've been planning for years? It's only fair." But no. We can never have nice things.

If it happens, I want Carsland at DHS.

Anyhoo™, I hope you enjoy it. We'll have pretty wristbands as a replacement, that may or may not actually work... and may or may not be tracking us... What a trade off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom