Upcoming/Rumored Projects

TP2000

Since that was the Expo with real substantial announcements, here's what I'm expecting for this year's P&R Expo presentation (in no particular order):
-Monstropolis area in DCA with the Door Coaster
-DHS makeover
-Soarin The World
+Avatarland artwork/details
+Final updates on SDMT/PFTH
-Details/updates on Shanghai DL resort plans
-Fantasyland Dark Ride Upgrades for Disneyland
-Details on Disneyland 60th Anniversary Parade/Fireworks/Plans
+Lastly, artwork/mockups on Kitchen Calamity (Ratatouille ride and area at WDSP)

Again, just trying to be realistic and lower expectations (at least from the WDW fan side/perspective). Do I want them to announce those projects you have listed above for WDW? Yes, but I just don't see that happening. We will see I guess. D23 can't come soon enough!

I think you're probably very close to what they could/should announce at D23 Expo in August. I added two items in red to your list, based on the strong rumors on the Disneyland boards about what's coming in the next 18 months for Disneyland's 60th Anniversary.

It's that DHS Makeover item that could be the most amazing thing since the DCA Makeover announcement in October, 2007. Or it could be underwhelming. I think we're all hoping for an amazing announcement on DHS, except for a few folks who think DHS is just fine the way it is.

PeterAlt

In lieu of the recent LucasFilm buyout, the Walt Disney Company hereby announces there will no longer be any more D23 Expos. In its place, the company hereby announces the first annual R2-D2 Expo. This year's focus will be the Star Wars transformation of everything Disney.

Otamin

In lieu of the recent LucasFilm buyout, the Walt Disney Company hereby announces there will no longer be any more D23 Expos. In its place, the company hereby announces the first annual R2-D2 Expo. This year's focus will be the Star Wars transformation of everything Disney.
Starting with converting Spaceship Earth into the Death Star.

PeterAlt

Starting with converting Spaceship Earth into the Death Star.
I wouldn't be surprised if a new generation when we're old and grey actually does that - just like how the Atari symbol today has become a fashion trend to today's younger generation, taking on a meaning other than its original corporate trademark symbol.

Genie of the Lamp

I think you're probably very close to what they could/should announce at D23 Expo in August. I added two items in red to your list, based on the strong rumors on the Disneyland boards about what's coming in the next 18 months for Disneyland's 60th Anniversary.

It's that DHS Makeover item that could be the most amazing thing since the DCA Makeover announcement in October, 2007. Or it could be underwhelming. I think we're all hoping for an amazing announcement on DHS, except for a few folks who think DHS is just fine the way it is.

Well if there's anyone who knows their D23, it's you TP.:) I made my list the way I did because I believe they are going to want to announce a mix of project updates (SDMT and PFTH in particular) and new project announcements (DHS makeover) for this years Carousel of Projects/Future of the Parks presentation. The presentation itself is about an hr long (in 2009- 57:28 in 2011- 71:21). So if they were to talk about 7-9 projects (new or in development), that would give Tom, Bruce, and Co. about 7-9 minutes of discussion time on each project they decide to talk about. Personally after last year, I hope they announce or talk about many (10+)projects, but I just don't see that happening. Plus, for my thinking at least, I would expect DIS to announce your two items closer towards the next expo (yes, I do believe their will be another Expo in 2015). Pardon for my micromanaging, but when your're planning for events like this, synopsis like this needs to be taken into account.

I don't know about you, but I always felt DHS looked a bit...junky.;)

SMPTE MOUSE

I don't know if they would ever convert Spaceship Earth into the Death Star, though it would be cool to walk inside the Death Star, and then fly the Millennium Falcon into the middle and blow it up! I have a Facebook page that talks about the upcoming Star Wars film as well as everything Disney. If you are a Disney fan, join the community on Facebook for the latest in Disney entertainment news! https://www.facebook.com/DisneyFlash

SMPTE MOUSE

LOL, though i would say that Disney first tranformed Star Wars to Disney. We must never forget the Muppets Star Wars Edition.
swm109273LARGE.jpg

RSoxNo1

So you're getting your panda fix then! I think you have a problem ;)
I know you (and others) are just giving me crap, but my point has been that adding Pandas would likely be the quickest attendance boost that park can see. I understand it's not an easy attendance boost, but the construction of an animal enclosure is presumably quicker than building a D/E ticket.

Taylor

I know you (and others) are just giving me crap, but my point has been that adding Pandas would likely be the quickest attendance boost that park can see. I understand it's not an easy attendance boost, but the construction of an animal enclosure is presumably quicker than building a D/E ticket.
Cheaper too

englanddg

One Little Spark...

Pandas won't make me stay any longer in the park. Been there, done that...at a myriad other zoos.

AK needs help, I agree, but bringing more animal overhead to the picture isn't the solution, in my eyes. High expense, low attendance, even lower repeat business.

Cosmic Commando

I just think we might be at Panda saturation. Atlanta, DC, Memphis, San Diego, Toronto plus Mexico, the UK, and Spain all have them. It would probably be a boost, but I don't think it's as unique as it once was.

Plus, if you build a good ride, it will stick around for 50 years. Your ability to make money from the Panda enclosure is dependent on the Chinese gov't continuing to loan you the bears. Disney has been working so closely with China with HKDL and Shanghai, I think it would've happened by now if it was going to at all. The best time to get a Panda deal done would've been when they had just agreed to do HKDL, when there was still the euphoria of the deal and before there were actual budget battles and any other problems with boots on the ground. If they don't announce it at the Expo to coincide with the opening of Shanghai, I'm gonna say it will not happen in the forseeable future.

Kyled48

I just think we might be at Panda saturation. Atlanta, DC, Memphis, San Diego, Toronto plus Mexico, the UK, and Spain all have them. It would probably be a boost, but I don't think it's as unique as it once was.
Plus, if you build a good ride, it will stick around for 50 years. Your ability to make money from the Panda enclosure is dependent on the Chinese gov't continuing to loan you the bears. Disney has been working so closely with China with HKDL and Shanghai, I think it would've happened by now if it was going to at all. The best time to get a Panda deal done would've been when they had just agreed to do HKDL, when there was still the euphoria of the deal and before there were actual budget battles and any other problems with boots on the ground. If they don't announce it at the Expo to coincide with the opening of Shanghai, I'm gonna say it will not happen in the forseeable future.

I agree!!

lazyboy97o

The deal with Hong Kong involved relatively little input from the Central Government compared to the deal with Shanghai. The park is also being built now, instead of after Disney has greater access and presence, because that is what the Central Government wants. With this "park first, other deals after" I can see why pandas, if Disney is interested in bringing them to Walt Disney World, have yet to make an appearances. Iger's desperation to get into the Mainland gives the Chinese more cards to play.

Jake Wilson

What DAK needs is Australia. It would be "cheap" to make since there are no dark rides or E tickets to be included. Just lots of animals. A safari-type ride through the out-back to see the kangaroos and other animals. A walk-through glass enclosure to see the koala bears up-close.

After all, this is ANIMAL Kingdom! Isn't it? Animals at Animal Kingdom? Such a radical idea...

I wish I could agree with you, yet the fact is this park DESERVES more attractions. Not more animals, I do hope how ever the attractions are animal themed and based.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom