Upcoming/Rumored Projects

AllyInWonderland

Nah...I don't think it would move the needle at Epcot a bit after the initial hardcore fan rush.
The general public, and many fans, don't care about Dreamfinder as a character. They just want a high-quality attraction, which the current version is not.

Really?
So when your profile says you are 14yrs old...and Dreamfinder left 14 years ago...

I might have been a baby, but at least I had the chance to experience it. Would you please stop making me feel stupid :mad: .I'm sorry I didn't mean to start an argument about it, I just thought some other people would want Dreamfinder back.

TropicalFig8

Completely agree.

I think one of the problems with the original EPCOT Center -- and, in particular, Future World -- was the fact that all of the attractions had a very similar pace. While there were differences in tone -- World of Motion was a light-hearted attraction, whereas Spaceship Earth was serious -- a visitor could easily come away with a feeling of sameness... an overarching sense that EPCOT Center was only about slow-moving, overly didactic experiences.

So change was necessary in order to make the park continue to be relevant and attractive to guests. And I appreciate the injection of thrills into the park, but adding higher-energy experiences need not come at the expense of one of Epcot's underlying, original purposes.

As I've posted in other threads before, you can make an attraction more thrilling without completely obliterating its general focus. For example, the appeal of Test Track lies largely in things that could have been added to the original World of Motion without utterly changing the nature of the attraction's narrative. The TT ride system and vehicles could have been integrated into the WoM story -- with obvious changes to pace and scenes, of course. But most of the things that make TT appealing -- the changes in speed, the hills, etc. -- could all be made part of the WoM's tongue-in-cheek history of transportation. The exposures to heat, cold, and "corrosive" acid could have become part of the story of Americans' westward journey, and the extremes of climate that wagon trains endured; the "rough" road sections, swerving, and narrow accident avoidance could have become part of a segment on the expansion of the interstate highway system, and the growing pains the U.S. (and other countries) went through in transitioning into a car-focused society. Lastly, the high-speed outside loop could have been added as part of a way to "slingshot" guests into one last show scene depicting a potential future of transportation.

Put another way, Test Track's appeal is not primarily due to its theme of automobile safety testing. If anything, that theme is way too specific -- a point you make well with regard to Mission Space. I'd really rather not have an entire Future World with attractions dedicated to very narrow topics within the general ideas of "transportation," "space exploration," "communication," etc. -- not when the attractions can, if designed well, address much broader scopes (the big ideas that inspire people to explore and create) while also providing thrills: the two are not mutually exclusive.

You win all the awards for this post.

AllyInWonderland

Nah...I don't think it would move the needle at Epcot a bit after the initial hardcore fan rush.
The general public, and many fans, don't care about Dreamfinder as a character. They just want a high-quality attraction, which the current version is not.

Really?
So when your profile says you are 14yrs old...and Dreamfinder left 14 years ago...

I was really little, but at least I got to experience it. Please stop making me feel stupid. :mad: I didnt mean to start an argument, I just thought there would be people who wanted Dreamfinder back.

Beholder

I was really little, but at least I got to experience it. Please stop making me feel stupid. :mad: I didnt mean to start an argument, I just thought there would be people who wanted Dreamfinder back.

I liked Dreamfinder. I thought he and Figment went quite well together. I think people hang on to the Dreamfinder/Figment things so much because that's when the attraction was at it's best, so naturally people want it to go back to that. Of course, I would never advocate for Figments removal, but Dreamfinder, I can see it moving on without him (as much as I'd hate it!).

But Figment must forever stay!

BrightImagine

I like your enthusiasm. I do miss the Dreamfinder - at the same time though I can see why some would find him creepy. But Figment needs someone who reins him in and explains things to him. What if the Dreamfinder were female? Same relationship with Figment... Less ick factor.

TropicalFig8

What I love about Dreamfinder & Figment is how wonderful the characters are. Their personalities and combined with how their dynamic together was so strong. Mr. Channing wants nothing to do with Figment.
The other reason that people love the characters is because of how much care and respect is given to Figment.
Disney probably knows they shouldn't get rid of Figment but if they ever do,there's still opportunity to sell merchandise...

Imagineer6

I might have been a baby, but at least I had the chance to experience it. Would you please stop making me feel stupid :mad: .I'm sorry I didn't mean to start an argument about it, I just thought some other people would want Dreamfinder back.
It's ok, I'm 15, and after talking to the real Dreamfinder from back in the day, I want nothing to do with the attraction unless he came back.

Kuhio

To avoid encouraging continued speculation in regard to whether the blank napkins are the latest example of cost-cutting or merely a temporary measure due to inventory issues, the new napkins will have tiny printing along the bottom that says:

This napkin intentionally left blank.

jello

Then other groups try to outdo the other, and you're standing in line with this noise all around you. All going on at the same time. It was terrible.

bdearl41

don't even, they both speak Spanish, just different ways of speaking it. it's still the same language. i'm Hispanic and i'm telling you this.

anyways, i admitted it, and i got over it. you're right it was culturally incorrect and rude of me to say. if you want a formal apology, then i'm sorry. but i still admitted i was wrong, so calm down please.

besides i don't mean to be rude again, but there really isn't anything that special in Brazil... i mean maybe the food is different, but overall i don't think it'd be providing anything new to WS.

and to comment on your India idea, that's actually pretty good. i'd like India, but a counterargument (and very biased imo, but it's still something someone would say) is that "they have Morocco, they don't India". the cultures are very, very different and geographies are very far a part, but i'm just giving you the heads up.

Brazil has nothing interesting??? How bout one of the 7 natural wonders of the world and one of the 7 modern wonders of the world. The world largest river and rainforest. Some of the best beaches on the planet. The city of Rio in general. Icaguzu falls. You should check out Brazil! You may be suprised!

EOD K9

I like your enthusiasm. I do miss the Dreamfinder - at the same time though I can see why some would find him creepy. But Figment needs someone who reins him in and explains things to him. What if the Dreamfinder were female? Same relationship with Figment... Less ick factor.

If she's a hottie then I am all for it!!

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Anyone that opposes should be shot. Also, I suggest those people in favor of the Jessica Rabbit face character should do an image search for the Kim Possible Face character
Having conducted your recommended image search I have but one thing to say... Why is there no drueling emoticon on this darn thing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom