Upcoming/Rumored Projects

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
What about the new roof on the Teacups? Is it really changing all that much? Why is that not included on this thread? Is it too small a project?

Yeah, it's not really changing. It's something that could be on there though - I've been relatively arbitrary for what type of refurbishments are included.

JustInTime

Since nothing of consequence is happening now or likely to happen in the near term, there really is no need for such a thread.

Lots of wonderful things have been happening and will continue. (I typed this after I noticed member was banned. Darn spammers!).

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
I'm making some updates to the first post. Does anyone know if and when "What's Your Problem" is closing?

DTM93

Wow, lap bars to be added at Splash Mountain?
Thanks for the info.
I'm glad that they're coming just because I then might be able to muster up the confidence to ride the attraction. :lol:

DisneyNut2007

RSox, please add the following rumors to your list:

-The return of the Country Bear Christmas Special
-The return of the Country Bear Vacation Hoedown
-Haunted Mansion Holiday coming to WDW
-It's a Small World Holiday coming to WDW
-The return of, or upgrade to, the Lights of Winter

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Updates:
Mickey's Toontown to close on February 11, 2011
Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and the Disney Princesses meet and Greets to be moved to Town Square Exposition Hall on Main Street. Prior to that location being available they will meet and greet throughout the Magic Kingdom
Tinkerbell Meet & Greet to be opened after Toontown closes
Tinkerbell's Fairy Friends to appear in Epcot by the spring

Changed from Red to Blue:
Princess and Fairies Meet and Greets to be moved to former Skyway and Snow White's Scary Adventures
Re-Working of Maelstrom (adding more trolls)
Re-Working of Test Track Pre-Show and Post-Show

****Does anyone have updates on these?****
Magic Kingdom
Walk Around the World tiles to be removed
Jungle Cruise refurbishment (Possibly by 2012)
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad refurbishment
Frontierland Expansion

Epcot
"What's Your Problem (Velcro Exhibit) in Innoventions to close
Re-Working of Test Track Pre-Show and Post-Show
Disney Nature to take over Circle of Life Video in The Land

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Muppet What Not Work Shop
Muppet Mobile Lab and Electric Mayhem Band Living Character Initiative appearances
New Pre-Show for Muppetvision 3D(Announced at D23 Expo, but not included in April/May refurbishment)
Possible re-configuration of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Queue - Re-introduction of queueless waiting system

Animal Kingdom
Ring-Tailed Lemurs and Asian Small Clawed Otters to return to Tree of Life exhibits

Resort Wide
Fort Wilderness DVC Expansion
California Coast DVC to be built near Wilderness Lodge
Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Disney's Royal themed rooms at moderate resorts
Typhoon Lagoon Expansion - West of Crush 'n' Gusher
Re-Purposing of Mannequins and 8 Trax at Pleasure Island, possible Aquarium Restaurant (Owned by Landry's) - I assume this is no longer valid due Hyperion Wharf

cheezbat

Updates:

****Does anyone have updates on these?****
Magic Kingdom
Jungle Cruise refurbishment (Possibly by 2012)
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad refurbishment
Frontierland Expansion

Epcot

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Muppet What Not Work Shop
Muppet Mobile Lab and Electric Mayhem Band Living Character Initiative appearances
New Pre-Show for Muppetvision 3D(Announced at D23 Expo, but not included in April/May refurbishment)
Possible re-configuration of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Queue - Re-introduction of queueless waiting system

Typhoon Lagoon Expansion - West of Crush 'n' Gusher

Both Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder could really use some good refurbs.
New Muppet stuff at Studios pretty sweet...would love to see it all.
Maelstrom...more Trolls...really? Love to see that day.
Typhoon...really needs more slides and attractions. One new one every decade or so is no good.

puntagordabob

sigh, makes me sad that there has been no news regarding bringing the Tiki Room back to its former glory (using the Disneyland version at WDW).... but then again who knows, perhaps it will suddenly pop back into the spotlight in 2011!

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
sigh, makes me sad that there has been no news regarding bringing the Tiki Room back to its former glory (using the Disneyland version at WDW).... but then again who knows, perhaps it will suddenly pop back into the spotlight in 2011!

Here's another question that I should know the answer to. I always referred to Disney World's Tiki Room as the Tiki room and not Tropical Serenade. Was it ever named The Enchanted Tiki Room prior to the Under New Management changeover?

aladdin2007

Here's another question that I should know the answer to. I always referred to Disney World's Tiki Room as the Tiki room and not Tropical Serenade. Was it ever named The Enchanted Tiki Room prior to the Under New Management changeover?

I have an old Disney World picture book and it shows the outside of the building and the sign says "The Enchanted Tiki Birds", I think most of the time Tropical Serenade was used alot from what I remember, just not on signage. Yet another book says it was called The Sunshine Pavilion and the show inside was called The Tropical Serenade. Interesting.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult

Officially it was called Enchanted Tiki Birds.

At least on the tickets:
DTicket.jpg

twizzy17

Crowds

With the closing of MTTF, could someone please tell me how much that is going to affect the rest of Magic Kingdom until FLE opens?

aladdin2007

With the closing of MTTF, could someone please tell me how much that is going to affect the rest of Magic Kingdom until FLE opens?

It doesnt really affect it at all except for the train station being closed there, and the meetngreets will now be on main street for mickey and minnie. the largest store will be closed of course and the little coaster thing wont be running. so really other than the train bypassing the area, the closure of the area is not big enough to cause probs elsewhere in the park.

aladdin2007

Where did you hear this at? Are they actually adding new trolls? Or are they just rehabbing the old ones?

It is true, they are working on a plan to incorporate more trolls, how exactly or what not sure. I imagine a rehab of the current sets would be included, it is in need of some new love.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Where did you hear this at? Are they actually adding new trolls? Or are they just rehabbing the old ones?

It is true, they are working on a plan to incorporate more trolls, how exactly or what not sure. I imagine a rehab of the current sets would be included, it is in need of some new love.

I believe raven mentioned it a while ago. If not him, then someone else that has proved themselves credible on these boards.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Per Jim Hill on this week's Magical Definition Podcast, A memo was sent out to Imagineering to incorporate elements from Tangled in the Fantasyland Expansion.

Also, at an event where he was talking to the Financial community, Tom Staggs "all but said the Snow White Coaster is a go"

_Scar

Per Jim Hill on this week's Magical Definition Podcast, A memo was sent out to Imagineering to incorporate elements from Tangled in the Fantasyland Expansion.

Also, at an event where he was talking to the Financial community, Tom Staggs "all but said the Snow White Coaster is a go"

!

Tangled ride possible? At least this means they deem Tangled a somewhat success if they want to push this in park guests' direction. :sohappy:

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
!

Tangled ride possible? At least this means they deem Tangled a somewhat success if they want to push this in park guests' direction. :sohappy:

One of the plans was to have the Tangled Tower be the "weenie" for a Princess meet and greet area in the old Fantasyland Skyway building. I wouldn't be shocked to see something like the meet and greet they have over in Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom