Upcoming Fantasyland ReDesign

Legacy

Am I the only one who reads this Snow White Roller Coaster thing and gets a mental image of Goofy's Barnstormer going around Seven Dwarf set pieces?

I'm sure this coaster will be small, and purposely very tame, and really meant for the kiddies. Certainly this won't have a height requirement any taller than Goofy's Barnstormer, and thus won't be any more thrilling than that type of small kiddy coaster. Any adult looking forward to pulling some G's on this thing will be disapointed.

Why would they make a ride about Snow White and then have a height requirement tall enough that six year old girls can't ride it?

I really think this Snow White thing is going to be a cute kiddy coaster with a gift shop selling tiaras and satin gowns at the exit for all the little girls. It's a Princess Coaster for gosh sakes. :lol:
I dunno. The Flying Unicorn/Hyppogryph is pretty intense.

kag1984

I can't remember how long Universal has exclusive rights to the Kuka Robotic Arm, but ever since I saw that thing I thought it would be a great piece to use on an Aladdin attraction. Attach a flying carpet to the end of it and you could fly out over the set pieces... I think that would be awesome.

I can't remember how long Universal has exclusive rights to the Kuka Robotic Arm, but ever since I saw that thing I thought it would be a great piece to use on an Aladdin attraction. Attach a flying carpet to the end of it and you could fly out over the set pieces... I think that would be awesome.
That would be a fun experience!

I've always wished that Magic Kingdom would add a Matterhorn ride; it's a Disney classic and always very popular. I could never understand why this wasn't included in Florida!

aladdin2007

I've always wished that Magic Kingdom would add a Matterhorn ride; it's a Disney classic and always very popular. I could never understand why this wasn't included in Florida!

I think at one point because it was planned for Epcot as part of a Switzerland pavilion. As for why it wasnt in the MK orginal plans back when the park was being designed Im not sure. Maybe because of Space Mountain being the main draw and focus here?

Rob562

The Magic Kingdom's Space Mountain is essentially the Matterhorn indoors. The Florida Space Mountain was the second coaster built by Disney. A space rocket ride was an old idea of Walt's that was still hanging around. Plus with all the extra rain that Florida gets, they decided to put the track entirely indoors. Although it doesn't have the same layout as the Matterhorn, it's similar in its dual-track layout and in-line seating. And when SM first opened in Florida the seating was very much like the seating at the Matterhorn with pairs of riders in each seat.

After Florida's opened, it was then decided that for the SM that was to be built in Disneyland (which was going to be smaller), they would make a single track with more swoops than drops, and have the side-by-side seating. Plus, with the Matterhorn being only a couple hundred yards away, they couldn't have the exact same kind of ride, even if it was indoors and space themed.

-Rob

kingslyZISSOU

Am I the only one who thinks that an Alice in wonderland attraction should be in the works with this new Tim Burton film coming out in 2010? Seriously, everything he touches turns to Gold. I think it would be a wonderful addition to fantasyland that would attract visitors of all ages.

While on the subject of Tim Burton, has there been any more info on the Nightmare before Christmas attraction intended for DHS? I mean seriously, It has such a giant following. I'm still puzzled for why there isn't one already.

aladdin2007

I would suggest a Sweeney Todd tie in but for some reason I don't think that would go over very well.

:ROFLOL:Yeah a blood covered animatronic of Johnny Depp I cant see going over too well, maybe at Universal it would.

WildLodgeFan

I'm sure Burton's vision of Wonderland will differ greatly from Walts. I do enjoy his work but his Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Planet of the Apes aren't what I would consider gold. Maybe third times the charm though [refering to remakes]. I would suggest a Sweeney Todd tie in but for some reason I don't think that would go over very well.

Meat pies anyone? :lookaroun

:ROFLOL:

WildLodgeFan

I would suggest a Sweeney Todd tie in but for some reason I don't think that would go over very well.

:ROFLOL:Yeah a blood covered animatronic of Johnny Depp I cant see going over too well, maybe at Universal it would.

Though rumor has it that Depp is playing the Mad Hatter . . . .

On a OT drift - Helena is pretty much in ever film that Burton does these days, right? Had a friendly discussion about that recently and wondered if anybody could confirm. Makes me wonder what role she would play in Alice.

magicman1950

Though rumor has it that Depp is playing the Mad Hatter . . . .

On a OT drift - Helena is pretty much in ever film that Burton does these days, right? Had a friendly discussion about that recently and wondered if anybody could confirm. Makes me wonder what role she would play in Alice.

Me thinks The Queen of Hearts would be right up her alley!

Dragonrider1227

I have to agree - I do think that if the Snow White coaster is a go, the dark ride will be replaced.
I'm not so sure about that. Disneyland didn't close the Teacups when Alice in Wonderland got a dark ride. Pooh has a dark ride AND a Playground in WDW so they might keep Snow White's dark ride. Especially if the mine coaster leans more towards the Dwarves rather than Snow White herself

aladdin2007

I'm not so sure about that. Disneyland didn't close the Teacups when Alice in Wonderland got a dark ride. Pooh has a dark ride AND a Playground in WDW so they might keep Snow White's dark ride. Especially if the mine coaster leans more towards the Dwarves rather than Snow White herself

Maybe so, but think how perfect and fitting it is for a Beauty and the Beast ride in that location and so close to the castle, with the whole princess thing going on. I think that they may be thinking the Snow White ride is just dated and old, which it is and I would hate to see it go but at the same time a Beauty and the Beast ride would be perfect there.

aladdin2007

I love the Indiana Jones ride at DL; does anyone know if there are any plans to bring one like it to DW (MK or DS)?

There has been a long running rumor it would be added to DS maybe as a replacement to the stunt show in that location, but I dont think its happening anytime soon. Maybe one day hopefully.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom