Upcoming Fantasyland ReDesign

WildLodgeFan

Generally I don't like to see rides doubled up when classics are not represented. By this I mean, there is a Little Mermaid attraction in HS, a BatB stage show, and a Snow White dark ride. But we are missing any representation from Pinocchio, and contrary to what I just said there should be an Alice in Wonderland darkride because if anything in the world lends itself perfectly to a dark ride it's that. And as I've said a bazillion times a dark ride of Fab 5 would be awesome.

That being said, I do love progress and glad they may be considering updating and refurbing a whole land. especially to add more attractions instead of replacing current ones because each land in MK only has 4-5 attractions.

Well Alice is represented in the Tea Cups. :lookaroun How about Bambi? Sleeping Beauty? Those are some additional classics that could use some love.

Thiger

I'm really excited about this and hope that it comes to fruition,
i'm hoping for more dark rides as while thrill rides are fun, dark rides can be enjoyed by everyone

plutoismyhero

The main thing i think about this umm rumor is do we really need this and if so do we really need LM, SW, BATB.......now a BATB dark ride would be nice and a SW coaster would mean that the SW dark ride would pry be removed IMO.... but do we really need to add 3 rides to fantasyland i think one ride would be good. They should focus on AK and get that park more ride so it isnt a half day park.

The main thing i think about this umm rumor is do we really need this and if so do we really need LM, SW, BATB.......now a BATB dark ride would be nice and a SW coaster would mean that the SW dark ride would pry be removed IMO.... but do we really need to add 3 rides to fantasyland i think one ride would be good. They should focus on AK and get that park more ride so it isnt a half day park.

If this rumor has any truth to it, I bet that you will see only part of this proposal actually implemented. Thats the way it seems to always go with disney projects. Design like crazy, then build bits and pieces of it. And im sure Animal Kingdom will be getting some lovin pretty soon.

Lee

Adventurer
If this rumor has any truth to it, I bet that you will see only part of this proposal actually implemented.
Bingo.
What is being discussed here is a big bunch of proposals that have been developed for Fantasyland. Not all of it, if any, will ever happen. Happens all the time.
Mermaid? Probably a sure thing at this point.

WildLodgeFan

Bingo.
What is being discussed here is a big bunch of proposals that have been developed for Fantasyland. Not all of it, if any, will ever happen. Happens all the time.
Mermaid? Probably a sure thing at this point.

Please don't crush the dream! :D No, seriously, I would be happy with whatever they do - I'm basically easy to please.

I beg to differ. It's fairly obvious that Animal Kingdom needs some new attractions to make it a full-day park, but the Magic Kingdom needs some attention to. It hasn't received a major addition since Splash Mountain in 1992, I believe. That is much longer than any of the other parks. Don't think of this as giving one park attention and shunning the others. Think of it as a much need refurbishment to Walt Disney's most treasured land to bring it up to the quality of Disneyland and Disneyland Paris.

Grim Grinner

If I were a betting man, I'd take a close hard look at whatever Lee happens to suggest or say. Over the years that I've been visiting this site, his inside look has never steered me wrong.

Ah... to be in his (I assume his... but you never know-it could be a her) position... It must be torture knowing so much and only able to reveal tidbits due to nondisclosure forms and ethical dilemmas.

Keep up the glimmering aspects of insight and I'll be reading them. If no one's said it yet-thanks!

MDAY

Much needed rennovation

As a wdw vet I have now travelled to DL twice in a row these last two years instead of WDW. DL has so many things superior to WDW...and fantasyland is just one.

I would love to see this come to reality. Here's to hoping.

RSoxNo1

I would assume a snow white coaster would mean replacement of the dark ride. Don't get me wrong, the ride is probably the least popular dark ride in fantasyland, but it would seemingly be moving a hole in fantasyland from one area to another.

HMF

As a wdw vet I have now travelled to DL twice in a row these last two years instead of WDW. DL has so many things superior to WDW...and fantasyland is just one.

I would love to see this come to reality. Here's to hoping.
Well the reason Disneyland has certain things better than WDW is because Disneyland is not afraid to close down attractions for a few months. WDW has a bad habit of cutting corners and scaling back Enhancements/Updates. Thats why Disneyland has certain things better.

jonnyc

I think if they were going to a mine train type ride, it wouldn't be for Snow White, but instead for Indy and it would be over at DHS.

But i would be more than happy with two :).

Legacy

I imagine any Snow White coaster would still be a kiddie coaster (see Barnstormer) only themed to mimic a trip through the dwarves' jewel mine. The concept has potential, and if done correctly could give perform as a "Kid's Big Thunder." I'm actually really supportive of that idea because it would indeed be something very different.

imagineer boy

I imagine any Snow White coaster would still be a kiddie coaster (see Barnstormer) only themed to mimic a trip through the dwarves' jewel mine. The concept has potential, and if done correctly could give perform as a "Kid's Big Thunder." I'm actually really supportive of that idea because it would indeed be something very different.

I think the snow white rollercoaster would be far more scarier than BTMRR since its potentially in the dark most of the time. Besides, most kids can handle BTMRR. I first went on it when I was 4 and loved it.

Legacy

I think the snow white rollercoaster would be far more scarier than BTMRR since its potentially in the dark most of the time. Besides, most kids can handle BTMRR. I first went on it when I was 4 and loved it.
*sigh*

I think you're assuming that it would be dark and fast. I'm fairly certain that Imagineering would make the concept work quite effectively. I see a lot of potential with actual show scenes and enjoyable banter. You have to remember, "Heigh-Oh" is the song that is sung in the mine. The dwarves seem to love working there, so I don't see how a mine car ride through their mine would be horrible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom