Upcoming entertainment changes

jrhwdw

Will we be looking at weekend only for the fireworks in April?
Nope! Saw on Facebook that Together Forever is every night the first week.... that's how far the schedule goes out for now...all that's left is PPP, anytime now DL! I wonder if PPP will have night performances?

GiveMeTheMusic

Nope! Saw on Facebook that Together Forever is every night the first week.... that's how far the schedule goes out for now...all that's left is PPP, anytime now DL! I wonder if PPP will have night performances?

It won’t. You won’t see any night parade performances at DL for the foreseeable future.

djlaosc

Hopefully that will continue until the end of April!

TTA94

Original Poster
Is it possible they might add in the Hong Kong PTN show stop? Im not to sure the reasoning why DL didn’t debut the parade with it? Guest flow issues?

GiveMeTheMusic

Is it possible they might add in the Hong Kong PTN show stop? Im not to sure the reasoning why DL didn’t debut the parade with it? Guest flow issues?

The show stop wasn’t added as they’re no longer viewed as favorable by TDA and ops types. PTN in particular had to get off the parade route as quickly as possible each night so that the fireworks could go off at 9:30, and most nights it barely made it or would end up delaying Disneyland Forever.

VJ

I'm so, so happy that Pixar Play at Disneyland isn't a permanent decision.

Not as happy as I'd be if it wasn't at Disneyland at all, but... I'm counting my blessings.

TP2000

The show stop wasn’t added as they’re no longer viewed as favorable by TDA and ops types. PTN in particular had to get off the parade route as quickly as possible each night so that the fireworks could go off at 9:30, and most nights it barely made it or would end up delaying Disneyland Forever.

Thank Goodness. That "show stop" business was silly in every Disneyland parade I've ever seen; it always just looked and felt like a float had broken down somewhere up the route and everyone was stalling for time until things got moving again. Inevitably around the 2 minute mark people in the crowd would start murmuring "Did something happen? Is it stuck?"

I'm not sure who thought "show stops" were a good idea creatively, especially after the disaster of Light Magic and its permanent show stops, but I'm glad to see them go away. It's just a theme park parade, not a Broadway show, keep the darn thing moving up the street and let us get on with our Disneyland day please! :cool:

jrhwdw

Thank Goodness. That "show stop" business was silly in every Disneyland parade I've ever seen; it always just looked and felt like a float had broken down somewhere up the route and everyone was stalling for time until things got moving again. Inevitably around the 2 minute mark people in the crowd would start murmuring "Did something happen? Is it stuck?"

I'm not sure who thought "show stops" were a good idea creatively, especially after the disaster of Light Magic and its permanent show stops, but I'm glad to see them go away. It's just a theme park parade, not a Broadway show, keep the darn thing moving up the street and let us get on with our Disneyland day please! :cool:
Some showstops were perfect like Lion King, MK's Remember The Magic and TDL's Dreams On Parade. Is Dreaming Up! getting a showstop?

TTA94

Original Poster
@GiveMeTheMusic Have you heard yet if Paint The Night will continue running nightly after summer? Or is it likely to go down after summer and return in November for the holidays?

spectrodanny

It will probably go seasonal. I did hear the other day from a float driver it's performance schedule is being trimmed (1 performance a night instead of 2) Apparently the 2nd performance wasn't popular.

Emmanuel

It will probably go seasonal. I did hear the other day from a float driver it's performance schedule is being trimmed (1 performance a night instead of 2) Apparently the 2nd performance wasn't popular.

Apparently so. I went to the 10:45 performance this past Saturday and the route at Hollywoodland was literally a ghost town. You could literally get a spot 5 minutes before it started anywhere along the route.

We'll see if they stick to one PTN when World of Color returns next month which likely might still happen since a lot of people like to leave after fireworks at Disneyland are done.

SuddenStorm

Very interesting. I imagine this is due to the fireworks being at Disneyland, as well as DCA closing before Disneyland park.

GiveMeTheMusic

DCA has never had a need for multiple parade performances, and PTN is no different. The insane length of the route ensures that thousands of people can see the parade - far more than DL allows. Combine that with naturally lower attendance because it’s DCA, and you don’t need two shows.

Imagine paying a bunch of money for premium seating on an empty parade route.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom