Upcoming entertainment changes

mickEblu

Lips have been tight on such things for awhile now. It should be painfully obvious to everyone that there's no real master plan and the Bobs are letting DLR/WDW fly by the seat of their pants, changing things on the fly.

If they had any real vision or sense, a major DCA expansion would open simultaneously, or at least within 12 months of SWGE to counterbalance demand. That's obviously not happening.

Looks like SWL will open and the Incredicoaster will have to do all the heavy lifting and get folks over to DCA. Lol

GiveMeTheMusic

@GiveMeTheMusic Are you aware if there will be any other noticeable changes to PTN? Wasn’t there some issues with costuming and some lighting?

There were some costume issues during the original run, and I would hope that they used the down time to redesign the problematic pieces. I haven't heard if that's actually the case. Don't know if any lighting changes occurred either.

jrhwdw

The hours for April 13th are up! DCA is open until 11 interestingly. Only F! is on the show schedule for now, but looks like WOC is on the referb list.

Emmanuel

The hours for April 13th are up! DCA is open until 11 interestingly. Only F! is on the show schedule for now, but looks like WOC is on the referb list.

Yep the last night to see World of Color before it goes into refurb is the night before. So we won't know what the PTN showtimes will be like with WoC until the show comes back from refurb.

brb1006

PTN is a permanent move to DCA. The thought is that with Star Wars coming, Fantasmic and fireworks are more than enough for DL to handle operationally.

Pixar Play Parade, God willing, will die its well deserved death after this year.
I'm still waiting for the day Walt Disney World finally ends Move It Shake It at Magic Kingdom.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Not unless there’s a huge shift in management thinking. Running PTN, Fantasmic and fireworks during the 60th brought the park to its knees. Star Wars will make things worse and DCA needs draws. For the foreseeable future, it will be in DCA, if not permanently. It’s considered a permanent move now.

It’ll be back. Crowds shmouds. Plus they can market the hell out of it returning.

SuddenStorm

I feel like PTN was always intended for DCA but they felt the need to temporarily have it at DL for the big 60th.

I'm curious why you think that? It has many callbacks to the MSEP- mainly a rendition of Baroque Hoedown, and the drum. Yes, the MSEP did play at DCA for a bit, but it's traditionally remembered as a Disneyland parade.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I'm curious why you think that? It has many callbacks to the MSEP- mainly a rendition of Baroque Hoedown, and the drum. Yes, the MSEP did play at DCA for a bit, but it's traditionally remembered as a Disneyland parade.

There’s no doubt that it was intended for Disneyland. Hong Kong Disneyland. We got a duplicate minus the interactive show stop.

The drum unit, Frozen float, and some other elements were added to the DLR version.

jrhwdw

Is anyone else wondering why the times for Pixar Play Parade and Together Forever aren't up for the first few days yet? It's probably going to be 9:30 for Together Forever, that's what RDCT & Believe have been. The parade route will be done by April 13th, right???

GiveMeTheMusic

Is anyone else wondering why the times for Pixar Play Parade and Together Forever aren't up for the first few days yet? It's probably going to be 9:30 for Together Forever, that's what RDCT & Believe have been. The parade route will be done by April 13th, right???

The show times will be posted soon. No need for alarm.

GiveMeTheMusic

I'm not alarmed......yet, I just think it's odd that the times aren't up.

It's not odd. There's no reason parade and fireworks times need to be published over a month in advance. Disneyland puts up their schedules in small pieces all the time; there's no hidden reason or meaning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom