Upcoming entertainment changes

TTA94

Original Poster
With Paint The Night and Pixar Play switching parks, has anyone heard if this is a permanent long term change or just for this year? Also does anyone know what the plans are for World of Color? Last rumor I heard was it going down for refurb in April when Paint debuts then return for the summer?

SteamboatJoe

A World of Color refurb hasn't officially been announced but all signs point to the refurb rumor being correct.

Can't help with the parade question.

IMDREW

I will be there Monday April 23 and Tuesday April 24. I've got my dining package for Paint the Night on Tuesday so I know I'll def see it. But was hoping for Fantasmic or World of Color on Monday. Now I see the dining packages for Fantasmic only are for the weekends from April 13. Does this mean that for "Pixar Fest" they'll only have Paint the Night during the week and the other nighttime entertainment offerings during the weekends? The last few months Fantasmic and World of Color were showing nightly so I was hoping to see one on Monday..

drizgirl

I will be there Monday April 23 and Tuesday April 24. I've got my dining package for Paint the Night on Tuesday so I know I'll def see it. But was hoping for Fantasmic or World of Color on Monday. Now I see the dining packages for Fantasmic only are for the weekends from April 13. Does this mean that for "Pixar Fest" they'll only have Paint the Night during the week and the other nighttime entertainment offerings during the weekends? The last few months Fantasmic and World of Color were showing nightly so I was hoping to see one on Monday..
Fantasmic is traditionally weekends only that time of year. It only ran nightly early this year because there were no parades or fireworks at all showing (even on weekends). And yes, it appears that World of Color is probably going into refurbishment when PTN starts.

jrhwdw

I don't believe a WOC referb has been announced. Wheather or not WOC goes down, how many showings of PTN are we looking at?

Old Mouseketeer

Anything with water gets an annual refurb. WoC, Pirates, Grizzly, etc. WoC gets nightly maintenance, but the constant submersion and water flow under pressure eventually needs more comprehensive maintenance.

jrhwdw

PTN is a permanent move to DCA. The thought is that with Star Wars coming, Fantasmic and fireworks are more than enough for DL to handle operationally.

Pixar Play Parade, God willing, will die its well deserved death after this year.
So on April 13th, is PTN open for good???? Or won't we be sure till after Sep 3rd?

IMDREW

PTN dining packages can be booked for all days of the week as far as they are selling now.

Only at Blue Bayou Restaurant a Fantasmic! package can be booked for Tuesdays. Anyone know if Fantasmic! will be showing on Tuesdays end of April? I'm a little nervous because BB is the only restaurant offering packages for Tuesdays and even then when I try to book one it says all tables are sold.

Any thoughts would be welcome!

GiveMeTheMusic

PTN will eventually come back to DL. It is the successor to MSEP after all.

Not unless there’s a huge shift in management thinking. Running PTN, Fantasmic and fireworks during the 60th brought the park to its knees. Star Wars will make things worse and DCA needs draws. For the foreseeable future, it will be in DCA, if not permanently. It’s considered a permanent move now.

TTA94

Original Poster
Not unless there’s a huge shift in management thinking. Running PTN, Fantasmic and fireworks during the 60th brought the park to its knees. Star Wars will make things worse and DCA needs draws. For the foreseeable future, it will be in DCA, if not permanently. It’s considered a permanent move now.

I feel like PTN was always intended for DCA but they felt the need to temporarily have it at DL for the big 60th.

GiveMeTheMusic

I feel like PTN was always intended for DCA but they felt the need to temporarily have it at DL for the big 60th.

It was intended for DL, but I think it became apparent after opening it that DL is too crowded to handle it in conjunction with the other night shows.

It will be weird to see it short one float for almost two months. It’s not that long of a parade to begin with.

GiveMeTheMusic

This is why I’m confused that they re thinking Toontown instead of Hollywoodland for the Mickey ride. Any news on that btw?

Lips have been tight on such things for awhile now. It should be painfully obvious to everyone that there's no real master plan and the Bobs are letting DLR/WDW fly by the seat of their pants, changing things on the fly.

If they had any real vision or sense, a major DCA expansion would open simultaneously, or at least within 12 months of SWGE to counterbalance demand. That's obviously not happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom