Upcoming Disney Shows on the Travel Channel-Some New!

Jekyll Baker

I actually search for "Disney" on Dish Network about every 3-4 days, and set my DVR for anything I haven't seen yet (and some things I have seen). I then set the timer and after I've watch 'em, I then burn it to DVD - ain't DVD recorders great!?!

But I haven't seen "Disney's Great Escapes" yet - hopefully it's on my DVR right now from this morning.

Also, during my last search of "Disney" I saw that Michael Eisner is supposed to be on "Live with Regis and Kelly", I think tomorrow morning (Tuesday 6/14). I'll check again and report if it's a different day.

mtgirl28

Does anyone recall a Samantha Brown special where she eats at the Liberty Tree with a bunch of young men, and watches the parade with a family? I've seen all the other Travel Channel specials 18,000 times but only caught that one once- I'm trying to recall the name so I can watch for it? (I'm beginning to think I made it up, due to too much planning!)

mtgirl28 said:
Does anyone recall a Samantha Brown special where she eats at the Liberty Tree with a bunch of young men, and watches the parade with a family? I've seen all the other Travel Channel specials 18,000 times but only caught that one once- I'm trying to recall the name so I can watch for it? (I'm beginning to think I made it up, due to too much planning!)

That's the Walt Disney World Holiday Special

They don't play it year round, but they will (I'm almost sure) play it starting November. It was made for the 2003 season and they played it a lot on '04, so I'm sure we'll catch it again in 05.

DrWhat

marni1971 said:
:lol: Dr - welcome! You must be from the UK?

Actually, no. I'm from the States but a big fan of British television. Glad to finally see Dr. Who back in production - now if they'd just add a Dr. Who ride to Epcot's UK - life would be complete! :D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Dr - the last episode of the new series is on tomorrow night. 2 more series are confirmed, and a few specials. Chris Eccleston however has quit (I`m sure you know that) but Ms Piper WILL be in series 2.

How un Disney can we get :lol:
-sorry!

KnK

mtgirl28 said:

Sorry gave wrong answer!

bhg469

So i work for the cable company here in buffalo and i have access to some upcoming lineups and stuff. nothing specific as far as what shows are going to be on at what time 5 months from now but i did find out that there is a special starring raven in production for the food network due to be out in december for the holiday season.

thought you guys might find that interesting. ill post the details if i can find them again

update: found it, like i said its not much but its something new

Dual Feed
Food Network

updated 6/15/05
Disney Holiday (working title)

Coming this December, date and time TBA
(60 min.)

Take a tour of Walt Disney World during this special time of the year! Host Raven Symone guides us through the spellbinding world of Disney, all decked out for the holiday season! (Genres: Holiday, Lifestyle, Travel

lebeau

bhg469 said:
So i work for the cable company here in buffalo and i have access to some upcoming lineups and stuff. nothing specific as far as what shows are going to be on at what time 5 months from now but i did find out that there is a special starring raven in production for the food network due to be out in december for the holiday season.

thought you guys might find that interesting. ill post the details if i can find them again

update: found it, like i said its not much but its something new

Dual Feed
Food Network

updated 6/15/05
Disney Holiday (working title)

Coming this December, date and time TBA
(60 min.)

Take a tour of Walt Disney World during this special time of the year! Host Raven Symone guides us through the spellbinding world of Disney, all decked out for the holiday season! (Genres: Holiday, Lifestyle, Travel

Can't wait

AnimeNut

bgraham34 said:
Thanks I want to check some of them out. Does anyone know if any of these shows are ever in High Def.

I've seen the following on Discovery HD Theater:

- Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes
- America's Trillmakers: Walt Disney World
- Undiscovered Walt Disney World

There might be more, but that's all that comes to mind at this time. Basically, if you see a Travel Channel special that's letterboxed, then there's a good chance it was filmed on hi-def and can be seen on Discovery HD Theater. The only exceptions to this little rule I can think of are "Disney's Imagineers" and "Fan's Guide to Walt Disney World". While I can live without ever seeing the latter in HD, the Imagineers special would be great in HD. Unfortunately, neither has ever aired on Discovery HD.

One other note: the HD versions of those 3 shows listed above are all 6-8 minutes longer than the versions aired on Travel Channel / Discovery Channel. In some cases, there are entire segments that you can't see on the normal analog broadcasts. For example, the HD broadcast of "Disneyland Resort: Behind the Scenes" has a segment on how the Monorail track is cleaned and maintained. It's more interesting than it sounds, trust me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom