Unusual things to eat?

lunarsquid

Original Poster
Apparently in my past trips, I've been missing out on unique things to eat/drink. So what are all the things that are 'not-to-be-missed' as far as culinary concoctions?

...and can someone please explain what "Beverly" is? :lol:

So far the things on my list are:

-Dole Whips (whatever they are, the name sounds good.)
-Beverly (?)
-Pretzel Bread and Cheese Soup at Le Cel

BRER DAD

I have eaten a few "love bugs" in my day..........on accident of course. Comming down EE in AK, mouth wide open, bugs fly in:slurp: :slurp: . Good thing was Disney didnt minus me a snack from the dining plan.

AEfx

Hot dog at Caseys (MK), Breakfast Pizza (many of the character breakfasts have it, like Crystal Palace and Donald's), Burgers and crabcakes at Liberty Tree Tavern for Lunch.

That's WDW food to me. :) I don't do Dole Whips (don't like pineapple) and I don't to turkey legs (even a mostly-protein eater like me thinks they are gross), but those are the things I hear most about.

Never had a Mickey Bar myself, going to have to try it one of these days.

AEfx

Rayray

Dole Whip is soft serve in chocolate, vanilla, and pineapple flavors.

Beverly is a "flavor enhancer" beverage (meaning that it is so bitter, that anything would taste good after you've had it).

Pretzel breadsticks are just pretzels in a different shape, and the cheese soup is basically just a cheese chowder. These are both served at Le Cellier, a steakhouse in the Canada pavilion.

For odd and interesting cuisine, try Jiko, The Cooking Place at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I had a good meal there and had lots of fun (although the entree I ordered was practically inedible because of the gargantuan amount of Cilantro used in it- too bitter).

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I have had a calamari steak at Japan in Epcot. That was rather tastey.

Beverly actually tastes like a piece of gum that has been chewed all day.

The ostrich legs they serve at WDW are to die for.

Krimedog

Dole whips are very very delicious, i have never had one until my recent trip to disney.

Beverly is not at all good.

the pretzel thing i have never heard of

And yes if you do want to be adventurous. try jiko or boma. I had boma and did not really like the food, guess i am not a big fan of the african food.

Jekyll_Baker

I like the Pineapple Floats - pineapple Dole Whip in pineapple juice

Also add to your list: a "Kitchen Sink" from Beaches & Cream at the Beach Club Resort

gardenia

Zebra domes at Boma.

Tonga toast at Kona Cafe.

Tabouli, lentils and hummus (Mediterraen platter) at Tangierine Cafe.

Stilton cheese (cheese platter) at Rose & Crown.

Yikes, I just realized I could go on all night...

living dead!

dole floats = amazing. i had 3 when i went down two weeks ago.

the pretzel bread was so good that we wanted to go down to Le Cellier again and ask if we could just have some bread.

Beverley is gross. the end.

Boma's at the AKL offers some pretty interesting foods. some were really great, while others were really dissapointing.

oh yeah, if you also want something really good, get the sweet pretzel that had almonds on it at the bakery in the Norway Pavilion.

living dead!

Whoa whoa whoa...you can get a Dole Whip that is not pineapple flavored? Maybe I really have been missing something!

AEfx

yeah man, they got vanilla and chocolate. hell, if you want a root beer float or a coke float (which are really good) they are on the menu.

eyecubran

i actually didnt find Beverly as disgusting as most people say.
maybe thats because i had tried so many flavors before..idk.

but the fruit fool "fruit salad" should be eaten at Boma deffinitely!

AEfx

yeah man, they got vanilla and chocolate. hell, if you want a root beer float or a coke float (which are really good) they are on the menu.

So it's just regular soft-serve then, right? I'll definitely have to give it a try then. I had always been under the assumption that all dole whips had something to do with pineapple.

Will wonders never cease...something new to look forward to at WDW. :)

AEfx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom