Unsure who to vote for regarding the Walt Disney Co. Board

Casper Gutman

Oh come on. Nobody wants to see Disney burned down and sold off for parts by Peltz but there are more and more like myself who are absolutely sick of the status quo and want change.

The zombie board Iger put in add NOTHING and as soon as he goes they will all be gone too.

Just because some are willing for the boat to be rocked doesn’t mean it’s going to sink
If you set a fire you don’t control what burns. What you WANT is immaterial if you empower wildly destructive forces.

Indy_UK

If you set a fire you don’t control what burns. What you WANT is immaterial if you empower wildly destructive forces.
What do you think is actually going to happen though? Peltz, and Rusalo get elected to the board with their minority shares and somehow do a hostile takeover? It isn’t going to happen

lazyboy97o

Oh come on. Nobody wants to see Disney burned down and sold off for parts by Peltz but there are more and more like myself who are absolutely sick of the status quo and want change.

The zombie board Iger put in add NOTHING and as soon as he goes they will all be gone too.

Just because some are willing for the boat to be rocked doesn’t mean it’s going to sink
Someone literally just said it. Meticulously taking something apart to fix and rebuild it is not the same as smashing it and hoping it will somehow end up better.

What do you think is actually going to happen though? Peltz, and Rusalo get elected to the board with their minority shares and somehow do a hostile takeover? It isn’t going to happen
There’s no point in voting for them if they’re just going to be ineffective. So either you’re ridiculous for supporting something that won’t work or you’re being disingenuous.

Casper Gutman

How much business history have you read?

You’re suffering from normalcy bias. The people insisting nothing will happen if Trian and Blackwell gain power are lying.

Indy_UK

Peltz & Co are not the answer to change things but I don’t get why people are so fearful of Iger and the board getting a kicking up the backside.

Currently nothing is going to change until Iger is willing to find a successor and leave and who knows how long that’s going to be?

Casper Gutman

People are acting like Iger is 36. He’s not going to be there for another decade. You don’t have to destroy everything to get rid of him.

By the way, what posters hate isn’t really Iger, it’s the CORPORATE CULTURE THAT PRODUCED HIM. Empowering WORSE examples of that culture won’t fix anything and pretending Iger is the disease and not the symptom distorts every conversation.

lazyboy97o

Peltz & Co are not the answer to change things but I don’t get why people are so fearful of Iger and the board getting also getting a kicking up the backside.
Because we know who is doing the kicking. Scared straight programs don’t involve an actual shanking.

Currently nothing is going to change until Iger is willing to find a successor and leave and who knows how long that’s going to be?
Sure, if you ignore the changes that have been made, most of which are what Peltz claims to want. Even then, that’s not a valid reason to make things worse.

Indy_UK

Didn’t the stock rise a decent % as a result of the quarterly earnings especially as a result of Disney saying they were doing buybacks? Now who would have prompted Iger to do that?

lazyboy97o

Didn’t the stock rise a decent % as a result of the quarterly earnings especially as a result of Disney saying they were doing buybacks? Now who would have prompted Iger to do that?
Are you trying to suggest that Peltz somehow influenced Iger to get into stock buybacks?

James Alucobond

People are acting like Iger is 36. He’s not going to be there for another decade. You don’t have to destroy everything to get rid of him.

By the way, what posters hate isn’t really Iger, it’s the CORPORATE CULTURE THAT PRODUCED HIM. Empowering WORSE examples of that culture won’t fix anything and pretending Iger is the disease and not the symptom distorts every conversation.
Also, not a stalwart of Iger or anything, but there is perhaps a slightly better chance that Iger possibly learned something from his disastrous exit than there is that Peltz and Rasulo learned something from … absolutely nothing.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Well it was worse under Chapek which was all started under Iger. I’m genuinely curious to what people think is going to happen for the worse?
Probably some infighting, if you call that worse. I see that as a good thing though. A nice wake up call for Iger.

James Alucobond

I doubt they are right the company, I don’t know but I’m just glad someone is putting pressure on Iger and his merry men (and women)
What they say they want to do is either what Disney has already committed to doing or worse. Mission already accomplished if for some reason you were hellbent on them making a few changes to deliver slightly more value to the shareholder. No reason to actually put these people on the board unless Peltz has a time machine to address his stunningly perfect 20/20 hindsight about the investment in the parks being belated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom