Unsure who to vote for regarding the Walt Disney Co. Board

Surferboy567

Vegas Disney Fan

View attachment 770331
If I were an investor this would likely get me to vote for the status quo, as a parks/movie fan I see nothing positive here though.

It stinks Disney has fallen into an either/or position, they can either make the investors happy or their fans happy, in the past they managed to do both simultaneously.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Most of the people you're preaching to already have, yet you opt to continue condescending to them. The reason people respond negatively to what you have to say is because you're treating them like idiots when they've quite literally reached the same conclusions. Perhaps with slightly different thoughts about how to move forward, but the same conclusions nonetheless.
Then people should stop asking what I think…if the “tone” is the problem

Because that’s an excuse 99.9% of the time.

I’m not creating the world we live in…just commenting.

No one needs to agree with me - I respect that - and anyone is free to hit the button.

Surferboy567

They are bad news…the question is why do they exist?
IMG_3019.gif

Surferboy567

The threat wouldn’t exist if the management hasn’t been so bad for the last 5 years

That’s the fire behind all this smoke.
Yeah, as many have said the current management is not the greatest. I have stated this on a few different occasions. They are however leaps and bounds better than these “activist” investors. At least the current board won’t try and potentially pull this company apart till there is nothing left or replace their current studio structure with AI.

To your point yes, that is the “fire” behind all this “smoke”.

James Alucobond

Then people should stop asking what I think…if the “tone” is the problem

Because that’s an excuse 99.9% of the time.

I’m not creating the world we live in…just commenting.

No one needs to agree with me - I respect that - and anyone is free to hit the button.
They're not asking what you think. They're asking that, when you quote and respond to them, you actually respond to them and the point they've raised rather than condescending to them and disingenuously suggesting they took a position they never took. If you just want to vent into the void, you might consider not quoting people; then they won't feel compelled to correct you if you misrepresent what they said.

Casper Gutman

Yeah, as many have said the current management is not the greatest. I have stated this on a few different occasions. They are however leaps and bounds better than these “activist” investors. At least the current board won’t try and potentially pull this company apart till there is nothing left or replace their current studio structure with AI.

Also, the predators are circling right now largely because the entire entertainment industry has been shaken to its foundation and they sense weakness. WB and Paramount will probably be gone by 2025.

SplashJacket

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I don’t disagree that these are dregs of society trying to weasel a path in…

But the problem is that the current cushy failing board and Napoleon still has to go ASAP.

It’s been going on 2 years now and the “new direction” is the same tired tricks that are already falling flat - bad sequels from overstretched IP, pathetic remakes, a stream that can’t get its head above water and a park/resort portfolio needing new investment NOW to make up for not enough for decades now

None of that is getting better

Casper Gutman

I don’t disagree that these are dregs of society trying to weasel a path in…

But the problem is that the current cushy failing board and Napoleon still has to go ASAP.

It’s been going on 2 years now and the “new direction” is the same tired tricks that are already falling flat - bad sequels from overstretched IP, pathetic remakes, a stream that can’t get its head above water and a park/resort portfolio needing new investment NOW to make up for not enough for decades now

None of that is getting better
Please answer this question clearly and directly: Which of the three available slates should Disney shareholders vote for?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
How much enthusiasm do you think iger’s lost after having to deal with all this? I can’t believe at his age that he would want to continue running the company when his contract is up. And his board of yes people have so little entertainment experience id expect them to move on after Iger. Idk what the answer is but Disney is in a dark place.

Indy_UK

Oh come on. Nobody wants to see Disney burned down and sold off for parts by Peltz but there are more and more like myself who are absolutely sick of the status quo and want change.

The zombie board Iger put in add NOTHING and as soon as he goes they will all be gone too.

Just because some are willing for the boat to be rocked doesn’t mean it’s going to sink

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom