Unsure who to vote for regarding the Walt Disney Co. Board

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Just as a wrap-up to this story, Peltz has sold all of his Disney stock.

the dark knight rises GIF

JoeCamel

He probably bought when the stock was in the upper $70’s to low $80’s per share. I forget how many shares he had when the dust settled.
Just wondering how you sell for a 20% premium to the day's closing? Is this just for billionaires and hedge funds or can any schmuck get in on it? Unless he unloaded a long time ago and it is just now being reported but that doesn't pass the smell test

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Just wondering how you sell for a 20% premium to the day's closing? Is this just for billionaires and hedge funds or can any schmuck get in on it? Unless he unloaded a long time ago and it is just now being reported but that doesn't pass the smell test
Peltz did inexplicably dump a bunch of shares in the middle of the proxy fight.

It's almost like he didn't care if he won, or, he knew he wasn't going to win.

Or, he was hoping to tank Disney's stock out of spite and he wanted to get his money out of there before it did.

JoeCamel

Peltz did inexplicably dump a bunch of shares in the middle of the proxy fight.

It's almost like he didn't care if he won, or, he knew he wasn't going to win.

Or, he was hoping to tank Disney's stock out of spite and he wanted to get his money out of there before it did.
I just can't get to "he got $120 a share" from what we know about the price. I give you he made a billion on the deal but just not the reported selling price unless it was all at the end of March then I want to know why it is being reported today? I thought big moves were reported at once?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I just can't get to "he got $120 a share" from what we know about the price. I give you he made a billion on the deal but just not the reported selling price unless it was all at the end of March then I want to know why it is being reported today? I thought big moves were reported at once?
Disney's anti-Peltz PR pointed out his sell off at the time. I remember that.

BrianLo

They are definitely stretching the truth on the 120. He didn't offload all his shares April 3rd. I certainly believe though the average price was in the 110's the month following his loss.

It's probably just some unnecessary PR smoke and mirrors to claim he walked away exactly at "the peak". Though making a lot of money is absolutely correct.

I wonder if Perlmutter has sold any of his position.

This saga is definitively over, however. He's probably already moved on to a different target.

flynnibus

Premium Member
That's the real story here... we've known from the beginning that Nelson wasn't the muscle in the deal. It's ashame the limited reporting on this topic failed to research that obvious angle.

Peltz all along was about leveraging Disney's depressed stock price. It's easy to spend 40mil when you're aiming to make 500M+. It's what these folks do.. and yet dozens here would jump off a bridge if there was simply a sign saying "no iger down here..."

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They are definitely stretching the truth on the 120. He didn't offload all his shares April 3rd. I certainly believe though the average price was in the 110's the month following his loss.

It's probably just some unnecessary PR smoke and mirrors to claim he walked away exactly at "the peak". Though making a lot of money is absolutely correct.

This saga is definitively over, however. He's probably already moved on to a different target.

Reports indicate that he did indeed dump his shares just after April 3, and the stock was "close to $120/share" when he sold.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom