Unsafe at Disney?

imagineersrock

Original Poster
hey guys, i know the final decision is up to myself, but i would just like to hear some of your opinions on this topic;

so i have a trip planned to disney for 5 nights (starting this friday 3-21-03) however, with all the recent war stuff going on, everyone who finds out im going to disneyworld begins trying to talk me out of it. :(

so- whats you guys's opinion on all this; would you just continue on with your vacation as if... or would you/will you cancel your trip now and just wait to see how things progress in Iraq.

-thanks everybody, i always aprreciate your imput.

Maria

I am wondering myself the same... I´ve been wanting to go to Chicago for a while now and with the war thing, it´s impossible not to fear that we might be putting ourselves in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I keep telling myself that when my times comes, it will come no matter where I am, but still...

In conclusion... I don´t know what to tell you! :animwink:

TinkerBell30

Disney has an army all of its own...

I wouldnt worry about going to Disney World...they are so high tech at this point . I am sure they have thought of all of the possible situations and taken proper precautions. And I am the token worry wart of my family.

Sir Hiss527

I'm going on Friday, but I live in the Orlando Area. Anyways it's up to and your family. Good luck, and "God Bless America".

-Sir Hiss527-

"Stop Hissing in my Ear"!:king:

Nansafan

I refuse to let a war or terrorism run my life. You could as easily get bombed while sleeping in your own bed as you could at WDW. We'll be traveling in June to WDW and in August to Las Vegas. The economy is in enough trouble now. If everyone cancels their vacations, more people will be out of work and more airlines in trouble. Go on vacation I say! God Bless America and may he protect our troops where ever they may be stationed.

Pioneer Hall

Definately go...

Remember we can't let this thing destroy our lives. We have to show them we are strong and qill continue to live our lives like we should. So go to Disney World and have fun!

I have told everyone I know that is thinking of cancelling trips for this spring and such to give them to me. I told them that someone has to prove that we have something to live for besides fear of the unknown.

lamarvenoy

GO!!spend money and LIVE YOUR LIFE! Our economy needs people to act normal and spend money! By holding back on living our lives our enemies are winning.

Coree

My family is in the same situation and we are going. The trip has been planned for months and we're not letting fear stop us.

mickhyperion

I'm going to WDW this Sunday night from Seattle. Glad to hear it's been busy... I was worried they might start cutting hours and cutting e-ride nights. I'm not worried at this point about anything happening while I'm there except maybe getting too busy! :p

NakedMickey

All I have to say is, don't let the war get you down.

Go have fun.

What better place to let the worries of the world lose you than at Disney?

djmatthews

It is this attitude that is/will cripple the economy, only today Continental Airlines have annouced the cut of 1,200 jobs, and this was after the cuts of 9/11.

Yes, the war stuff is very sad and quite scary. However, I'm sure the statistics will prove that you are more likely to be killed in a car accident... but I'm sure you don't think twice about getting into a car or driving.

When at Disney, you can forget about what is going on in the outside world!

BigNorm

I have never felt anything but safe @ WDW. Even though I initially had 4th Amendment issues with the security checks, I have come to accept them as a necessary evil of the 21st Century. Also I think a visit to the parks would make for a good diversion in the trying times which we have found ourselves in the last 24hrs. Bottom line: Get in the car or on a plane and go to WDW and have a great time.

Maerj

The gov't is watching over both Disney parks, plus I read somewere that Disney has bomb shelters at each park. I'm sure that someone on here can confirm/deny this.

goofyman

Originally posted by Nansafan
I refuse to let a war or terrorism run my life. You could as easily get bombed while sleeping in your own bed as you could at WDW. We'll be traveling in June to WDW and in August to Las Vegas. The economy is in enough trouble now. If everyone cancels their vacations, more people will be out of work and more airlines in trouble. Go on vacation I say! God Bless America and may he protect our troops where ever they may be stationed.

I am with you on this. We have to live our life. WDW in my view is very safe. I walk the streets of NYC everyday, and can't wait for my summer trip to the world..
God bless America!!!
GO AND HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!

Mitzer

Originally posted by Maria
I am wondering myself the same... I´ve been wanting to go to Chicago for a while now

Marie:

My husband is in Chicago right now and the only bad thing going on there is the weather :lol: . So I say go to Chicago if you wish (you are just as safe there) and swing by WDW for a trip on the way...that will always make you feel better about your trip! :animwink:

tammycooley

My trip is 6 weeks away, I am hoping alot of this will be over by then. But if it isnt, I will still be getting on that Delta Express plane. We are just as excited as ever.....I can't think of a better place that I would want to travel too.:) God Bless America and
support our Troops!!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom