Unsafe at Disney?

Matandtrav'smom

I agree that we can not live our lives in fear. I plan to go and forget everything that is going on in the outside world. If something does happen at least my family will be together and we will be @ the happiest place on earth.:) Next trip to mk 9 days and counting:sohappy:

Nut4Disney

Don't let them win. We are American's damn it and no terrorists are going to make me afraid to do something in my own country. I understand the whole self-preservation thing, but you got to live your life.

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by imagineersrock
hey guys, i know the final decision is up to myself, but i would just like to hear some of your opinions on this topic;

so i have a trip planned to disney for 5 nights (starting this friday 3-21-03) however, with all the recent war stuff going on, everyone who finds out im going to disneyworld begins trying to talk me out of it. :(

so- whats you guys's opinion on all this; would you just continue on with your vacation as if... or would you/will you cancel your trip now and just wait to see how things progress in Iraq.

-thanks everybody, i always aprreciate your imput.

You have a better chance of getting hit by a bus on International Drive in Orlando, then you do getting sprayed by a cropduster carrying some sort of chemical/biological agent. I say you go on with your plans, have a good time, but above all -- make sure you pray from our troops and hope they all return home safely. :)

celticdog

Without being too cliched, as Roosevelt once said "The only we have to fear is fear itself". Be aware of your surroundings, but don't give into fear. Don't let an outside force drive you into despair. Live everyday. Go have a great vacation. Take a trip. Visit far away places. Be Happy.

No domestic or foreign terrorist is going infringe upon my happiness!!

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by celticdog
Without being too cliched, as Roosevelt once said "The only we have to fear is fear itself". Be aware of your surroundings, but don't give into fear. Don't let an outside force drive you into despair. Live everyday. Go have a great vacation. Take a trip. Visit far away places. Be Happy.

No domestic or foreign terrorist is going infringe upon my happiness!!

I agree, but you may want to steer clear of China where people are getting struck down by that mysterious flu. :(

We've been planning our trip ever since we returned from last year's vacation! We're scheduled to leave for WDW 2 weeks from tomorrow and will be flying out of JFK. With the increased security measures I feel safer than ever, and there's no place I'd rather be for a little escape from the sad reality than at Disney World!
Glad to hear that so many other posters feel the same about not letting terrorism run their lives.
Ultimately, it's up to you, but if you do go, please post and let us know how your trip was!
:animwink:

15 DAYS AND COUNTING!

SnowWhite5669

We are leaving in three weeks for six days in Disney and 4 on the West Coast of FLA! I can't wait and I am certainly not letting anything get in the way. I am actually going to a Homeland Security Conference on Monday for work and I am sure they will tell us how safe everything is. There is a 3 mile no fly zone over Disney. I would feel safer there than anywhere!
God Bless America and God bless all the troops that have been deployed from Rhode Island.

BRER STITCH

I feel as safe at Disney World as I do anywhere else.

Safer? No. As safe? Yes.

In light of that, personal vigilance is needed at all times in ANY situation.

I'm not cancelling my trip. I'd rather be at Disney World if anything is going to happen to me, than sitting here at work!!!!

RELAX AND HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!

:sohappy:

wardrobeguy

Hi....

I share the initial concern of this thread also. However, I live in New York City, and we've been at "Code Orange" or whatever that hooey is since 9/11. We just live with it. Life feels normal even when I see National Guardsmen with machine guns in the subway stations.

My trip is scheduled with a friend of mine from Texas whom I haven't seen in almost 5 years, so I'm definitely going. My only apprehension is that my partner will not be joining me on this trip and will be staying behind in the city.

You just have to trust that WDW is as secure as it can be. This country was not on its guard on 9/11. I believe it is now. Well, I HOPE it is now.

figmentmom

Go, go, go!!! In fact, take me with you!:)

I have to travel this weekend myself (NOT a vacation, unfortunately), and I have just decided to live my life, not letting fear dictate to me.

bhg469

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
I feel as safe at Disney World as I do anywhere else.

Safer? No. As safe? Yes.

In light of that, personal vigilance is needed at all times in ANY situation.

I'm not cancelling my trip. I'd rather be at Disney World if anything is going to happen to me, than sitting here at work!!!!

RELAX AND HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!!

:sohappy:

hay man id rather be at disney world with guns blazing around me than be freezing my but off, in the ice cold rain of buffalo for the next 2 months. HAVE FUN in florida wish i was going but my trip is unfortunately next year.

Dwarful

we had the same problem last May, when everyone was worried about the possible threat of tampering with the water supply in Orlando Florida. We went ahead and went on the trip. Everyone around us at home was worried..would we drink water out of the drinking fountains? (not unless we had too! but thats normal for us!) how would we take a shower?( same way we do at home) things like that. If we all wait until the absolute perfect time to go somewhere...DL, WDW, etc we may never go. You only get one day at a time and must live your life.

I have noticed however that the discount we had last year was incredible and as of this posting those prices havent gotten that low yet, so maybe people are still going and thats a good sign.

DisneyNut24

We are leaving in 3 days! I have been through the same set emotions that everyone has been. Do you go or do you stay at home. We have had this trip planned for 9 months, we are going!
Besides how do you tell a ds4 and ds8 sons that we are not going

I will be with my family in a happy place, if it is our time then what a way to go! But nothing is going to happen, just plan for some delays with security, be glad people are taking their jobs seriously and be patient.

I am more worried about my business trip to San Fransico in Mid april, because I will be separated from my loved ones and so far away if something happens.

God Bless the soldiers that are serving and keep them safe along with everyone else in the world (Disney included)!!

Ijones88

To go or not to go????

:wave: I would definately go and do everything in "The World" that I possibly could. Since 9/11, whenever I go to WDW and I'm enjoying all the fun and look up and see that castle and when I'm eating at the California grill or something like that I stop and say, "Hmmmm....I wonder what Osama is having for supper tonight, maybe some stone soup!!! ha ha ha!!! or "How did those rocks sleep last night??.....so I live my life like Jimmy Buffett's saying that I use for my quote. Have fun!!

imagineersrock

Original Poster
hey everybody, so just wanted to let you all know that we did decide to go for it, and then after seeing the GREAT responses to the post, well that made it set in stone. - so thanks alot to everyone who took the time to respond. And thanks in advance to anyone else who chooses to also.

-thanks again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom