Unpopular WDW Opinions

OneofThree

I am no stranger to vitriol...

But insulting babies in strollers and the elderly/disabled?

...that’s a whole other level...

Unless you're going to rely on the musings of our own resident captain anecdote, you're going to have to quote where anyone has actually done this. Plenty of that sort of posturing on CNN/FOX for those who would partake.

OneofThree

I don’t think more is required...what a mean,misguided little creature 🦎

Plenty of that sort of posturing on CNN/FOX for those who would partake.

Because, of course you don't.

It really is terribly disappointing and predictable both. Engage in discussion, express disapproval but unable to point to anything concrete, supporting facts, and then the levy of personal attacks when challenged to do so. So familiar it just might be epidemic.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Because, of course you don't.

It really is terribly disappointing and predictable both. Engage in discussion, express disapproval but unable to point to anything concrete, supporting facts, and then the levy of personal attacks when challenged to do so. So familiar it just might be epidemic.

So an English comp piece with political undertone? That’s lovely....I like you 😁

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I wouldn't imagine they would do so. I guess my point was more just tossing around the idea that CM's might represent a disproportionate amount of participants in the quoted activity.

Half their labor force? Hyperbole aside, you really think those discounts are what drives recruiting there? I'd be a bit surprised if that were the case.
I think everyone underestimates how many people "work" at WDW just to get the free entry when they're not working...

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I am no stranger to vitriol...

But insulting babies in strollers and the elderly/disabled?

...that’s a whole other level...
I don't think anyone insulted babies, elderly or disabled.

Personally, I was commenting on the M-1 Abrams ECVs and the M1126 Stryker armored strollers taking up too much space and being generally unsafe in large crowds.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don't think anyone insulted babies, elderly or disabled.

Personally, I was commenting on the M-1 Abrams ECVs and the M1126 Stryker armored strollers taking up too much space and being generally unsafe in large crowds.

If you say that people “shouldn’t” use them or be welcome? There’s an undertone of hate there.

And I get this is hypothetical...but there’s a pattern with some.

And no...I’m not interested in slugging this out...it is what it is.

rose2617

Perhaps infants shouldn't be going to WDW... with crowds, germs, heat, tropical critters and the like, it's hardly a hospitable environment for them.

And as for the older kid restrictions... if they can keep kids under 40" off rides, maybe they can keep kids OVER 40" out of strollers.
Just returned from MK and someone had a 2 week newborn in a stroller. I asked how old because I could not believe anyone would bring a newborn to a very crowded park!

PatInCT

Perhaps an unpopular opinion but I feel most of the responses in this thread are pretty mild.
- Alien Encounter was the greatest attraction in the history of Disneyworld. Period. End of Story.

Also, in regards to prices. Park admission although substantial is a fraction of the cost of attending to someone from out of state. I don't think raising the price 50% or more would put a giant dent in crowds. How about eliminating the FL resident discount?

Again, just trying to be "unpopular"

Daddyoh

Strollers should be limited to single-seat umbrella-style and carts, wagons and roll-about coolers should be banned, along with ECVs.

Unpopular as those ideas will be, people will still come and the parks will be crowded.
Obviously, you have NO PHYSICAL impairments (lucky you) but those of us that may want a life too and ECVs allow us to have one. I have never seen wagons and roll-about coolers in the parks so not real sure what you are inferring to. Next you most likely would want to eliminate Handicap Parking spaces too. So have some empathy for those less fortunate

Last edited by a moderator:

Randyland

There was once a time, long, long ago, that you never heard ANYTHING bad about Walt Disney World. EVERYONE was HAPPY.... Everything was GREAT. What happened????

crxbrett

I order the pineapple macadamia pancakes., and don’t you dare call them trash!

My go-to meal for bfast at the Poly! According to my GF, the Kona Eggs Benedict was absolutely amazing and incredible - one of her fav meals on our trip last year. Sadly, they took it off the menu after only a few months though and brought back the Samoa.

Squigglove

The initial post is rather acceptable but naturally people have to go in for the kill. My mother is physically disabled and requires an ECV due to heart conditions, cancer, and arthritis among other things. It's really quite nasty to ban hurt people from the park as well as children who will tire from long hard days they're not used to. Sorry to inconvenience your perfect existence but the parks aren't a restricted club yet.

Anyway, back on topic...My unpopular vote goes for putting a cap on Star Wars, Pandora, and Toy Story. If they're going to build parks around irrelevant characters and movies then where are Roger Rabbit, Robin Hood, Bambi... why are they evicting Stitch and others to push Cars and Toy Story (neither of which I've seen nor care for). Instead of Toy Story Land it should be Disney Classics or Toon Town. Bring back Mickey's and Minnie's houses. Add to it! I got to see those, my son never will, at least not at an age where it will matter to him.
And we also still call it Downtown Disney, as well as MGM Studios!

OneofThree

The initial post is rather acceptable but naturally people have to go in for the kill. My mother is physically disabled and requires an ECV due to heart conditions, cancer, and arthritis among other things. It's really quite nasty to ban hurt people from the park as well as children who will tire from long hard days they're not used to. Sorry to inconvenience your perfect existence but the parks aren't a restricted club yet.

Welcome to the "unpopular opinions" thread. The line for those in need of re-reading what has actually been written is forming to the right. Enjoy your stay! :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom