Unpopular WDW Opinions

Miss.Queenie

I understand the love, but for me personally I cannot eat this stuff.
MY unpopular opinion includes:

I hate the turkey legs
I hate Mac and Cheese
I hate Casey's Corner (Don't eat hotdogs and its always too crowed)
I don't like the theme of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster with Aerosmith. It tries too hard to be hip? XD When Monster INC first came out I always thought Rock 'n" Roller would be perfect for a Monster ride.
You know that scene when Sully is traveling through the doors? I thought that would be an awesome replacement for Aerosmith...But might not fit Hollywood Studios Theme
I don't understand the remake of the Lion King, it's no real animails so how does this differ from the 2D?

World_Showcase_Lover007

Concerning Star Wars in Hollywood Studios, I agree and foresee a point in the future where the Disney Co. and WDW consist of nothing but Star Wars, Guardians of the Marvel, Captain Galaxy (or whatever they are called). Not to mention whatever unwholesome Fox IPs they acquire.

I have zero interest in any of these “genres” so I suspect that Disney will become less appealing to me as time goes on. I like the Fab Five and classic masterpiece animation films, but that’s not what Disney is about anymore.

Miss.Queenie

Concerning Star Wars in Hollywood Studios, I agree and foresee a point in the future where the Disney Co. and WDW consist of nothing but Star Wars, Guardians of the Marvel, Captain Galaxy (or whatever they are called). Not to mention whatever unwholesome Fox IPs they acquire.

I have zero interest in any of these “genres” so I suspect that Disney will become less appealing to me as time goes on. I like the Fab Five and classic masterpiece animation films, but that’s not what Disney is about anymore.

Are you excited for Mickey Railroad?

I'm looking froward to that than star wars XD It seems like old school disney

joejccva71

I don't get the hype over Soarin'.

It's a flying simulator ride that takes you all over the world. What's wrong with it?

Edit: Oh and by the way, if you've never done either ride before and you do FoP before doing Soarin...then that's your own fault and poor planning. (Not saying you in particular Syracuse, but anyone who does this)

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

It's a flying simulator ride that takes you all over the world. What's wrong with it?

Edit: Oh and by the way, if you've never done either ride before and you do FoP before doing Soarin...then that's your own fault and poor planning. (Not saying you in particular Syracuse, but anyone who does this)
It was just an opinion broh...geeze

I don't care for Pandora or Star Wars.

21stamps

Where are people finding this trash WDW food? I have an eight night trip coming up and my meals are tentatively planned to include:

Pork shoulder with smoked chicken, brisket, and jalepeno cornbread, tacos de barbacoa, Szechuan steak with honey coriander chicken wings and peel-and-eat shrimp, chicken and ribs with barbecue baked beans, Cuban hot dog with mojo pork, 7-layer rice bowl with grilled chicken, spicy grilled fish tacos with quinoa, African-Indian fusion buffet, beef and lamb gyro, rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans, chicken and waffles, lobster roll, beef and chicken noodle bowl, fish and chips, and shawarma platter.

Eight days and nights in a theme park. Zero burgers, one hot dog, two orders of French fries, zero repeat items. And all but two of those meals are counter service.

We’ve never had a burger or hot dog at Disney either.. actually, maybe once.

Anyway, I just want to point out a few specific dishes that I think are great-

Lobster Eggs Benedict at GF
Sushi at Tamboo Lounge
Almost every breakfast item offered at Kona Cafe.
Everything on the menu at Trader Sam’s.

Minnesota disney fan

Now, ta da............back to the original question:

I don't like Soarin, and won't ride FOP because I don't want Soarin on steroids.
I don't mind standing in line at times, not talking the hour plus lines. I've met some fantastic people while in line.
I dont' understand the fuss over peter pan?
I don't really like Epcot, especially WS.

geekza

And speaking of Witchentric Snow ride, 1970's Fantasyland either wasn't the girl / toddler land of current public imagination. There was the scary Snow (the only female lead in Fantasyland, but unfit for young girls), there was the zany car drive to hell of Mister Toad, the swashbuckling on a pirate ship of Peter Pan, and the dangerous Jules Verne's submarine of Nemo. Nemo, who back then was an old bearded man and not a toon fish toddler. Fantasyland was a big boys land.
Going back a few days, I know. (Sorry) Just as a nitpick, 1970's (and 80's and early-90's) Magic Kingdom was even less girl-centric than what you mentioned. Until 1994, Snow White wasn't seen in her own ride. I can't think of a single attraction that was centered around a girl. You had some face characters and mosaics in the castle, but that was pretty much it.

Anyhoo... to the topic at hand. Unpopular opinions.

Actual "thrill rides" have no place at Disney. It was better when the fastest ride around was Space Mountain. In those days, whole families could experience everything in the park together, for the most part.

The movie characters should have never been added to Pirates. They've damaged the experience.

Hollywood Studios has no real reason to exist any longer and, frankly, wasn't great when it was a full working studio.

Animal Kingdom is boring and sparse.

Soarin' doesn't work as an experience.

Maelstrom was a mostly-dull ride with a terrible film at the end and I'm glad it's gone. With that said, EPCOT should have never steered away from "Edu-tainment." It was a far-better park in the years immediately following its opening than it will ever be again.

Dreaming of Disney World

Strollers - Double strollers are a necessity for families with two young kids. They don't take up that much space. Mine is the width of a standard door. It would be the same as if my two kids were walking next to each other. And even if it was bigger, who cares? Walk around it if it's in your way. It helps us immensely.

ECVs - As long as Disney allows them in the park walkways then no one should be judging anyone for using one. Maybe you should switch your efforts to petitioning Disney to create lanes for scooters or something. No one deserves to be in pain or limited in where they can go when there's a perfectly good solution available to help them. And pushing an adult in a wheelchair is a lot of work. That's not fair when there's a viable alternative that makes everything easier. Be thankful you haven't had to use one.

Those of you judging people who use strollers and wheelchairs come across as very selfish, thinking only about yourselves instead of those who have a tougher life and need more help.

CaptainAmerica

Almost every breakfast item offered at Kona Cafe.
In the spirit of "unpopular WDW opinions," Kona breakfast is trash. Tonga toast is a $16 plate of high fructose corn syrup served in a cafeteria-looking restaurant in the middle of a dark hotel lobby. Pass.

The best table service breakfast at WDW is Olivia's banana bread french toast and it's not close.

Don't @ me.

SteamboatJoe

27 inches is a reasonable maximum width for strollers. It's a typical wheelchair width. The issue is the double wides. Tandems accommodate multiple kids just as well. Disney could and may already rent them out. The kid in the back can be taken out to watch the fireworks or parade. With everyone standing in a crowd, they can't see when sitting in the stroller anyway.

CaptainAmerica

27 inches is a reasonable maximum width for strollers. It's a typical wheelchair width. The issue is the double wides. Tandems accommodate multiple kids just as well. Disney could and may already rent them out. The kid in the back can be taken out to watch the fireworks or parade. With everyone standing in a crowd, they can't see when sitting in the stroller anyway.
Front-and-back strollers are rarely designed to accommodate two babies. They're usually for a maximum of one baby and an older sibling. Twins (or babies close enough in age) often require side-by-side.

SteamboatJoe

Front-and-back strollers are rarely designed to accommodate two babies. They're usually for a maximum of one baby and an older sibling. Twins (or babies close enough in age) often require side-by-side.
If they do exist, it sounds like something guest services could take care of with a Disney approved stroller rental for the day.

jloucks

Well yes, it just has to be! When all else fails, make something up. :D

I've also got news for all the "don't judge" proselytes. Everyone makes judgments about everything cuz, science of human nature. Obviously there's function to it then. I can help! It's called society. Like, when you do something stupid and it negatively affects everyone else around you (some people make this a hobby, or career). At this point, expect to be called out, just do, because no one has license to pass their garbage off on anyone else. In the case of scooters, the negative impact upon others is obvious and is due to the inordinate number of non-handicap people abusing them. People seem to do a terrible job of self-regulating these days, and often need a
little. . . nudge in the right direction. Otherwise, you'd have parking lots with 30% of spaces designated handicap, all of them full of people who aren't, without a single empty one for the 85-year old war veteran with Parkinson's and one good leg. I didn't make it that way, it's just inescapable reality.

"It seems many in American society want to grant the stupids with impunity to be stupid, as if being stupid is a form of artistic expression."

This!

Self regulating is a skill most have. Sadly, a minority (sometime majority) make it bad for everybody else. Then, when the abusers get called out, they get defenders from the very people that are paying the price for the abuse.

Odd really.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Those of you judging people who use strollers and wheelchairs come across as very selfish, thinking only about yourselves instead of those who have a tougher life and need more help.
A wheelchair would be just as helpful... in fact, more helpful, since there's someone pushing it. It only takes up a limited amount of space, can't go any faster than the person pushing/wheeling it, and is easier on the environment since it doesn't use electricity (which has to be generated using fossil fuels or dangerous nuclear energy).

21stamps

In the spirit of "unpopular WDW opinions," Kona breakfast is trash. Tonga toast is a $16 plate of high fructose corn syrup served in a cafeteria-looking restaurant in the middle of a dark hotel lobby. Pass.

The best table service breakfast at WDW is Olivia's banana bread french toast and it's not close.

Don't @ me.

I order the pineapple macadamia pancakes., and don’t you dare call them trash!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom