Unpopular WDW Opinions

Goofyernmost

You evidently have no idea as to the ways in which that law binds, may be applied, or informs the current discussion.

Unfortunately, the disproportionate use of these things has become a menace, and subsequently everyone's business within the public sphere.

It is.

"With disabilities"? You might want to go back and actually read some of these posts because it's never been about these.

People are free to do whatever they wish -on their own time, in their own homes. In public, we're all accountable to each other. Again, it's called society, as in, you don't get free reign to visit your personal BS on anyone and everyone without criticism or consequence. View attachment 282195
That entire post isn't even worthy of a reply. Come back when you know what you are talking about and, it might not hurt to have just a small ability to care about others. Hasta la vista, baby!

LUVofDIS

Another one that will probably be unpopular, would be geared towards forums. There are only a few cases where I like when old forums are brought back. I think it is better when a new thread is created with an old question or theme. I dislike having to read the old information to try to figure out what the whole thing is about. Especially when the information from long ago no longer applies.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, every forum I have belonged to frowns upon this and you always get contributors who point out that this has already been covered, asked or started.

World_Showcase_Lover007

Another one that will probably be unpopular, would be geared towards forums. There are only a few cases where I like when old forums are brought back. I think it is better when a new thread is created with an old question or theme. I dislike having to read the old information to try to figure out what the whole thing is about. Especially when the information from long ago no longer applies.

I know this is an unpopular opinion, every forum I have belonged to frowns upon this and you always get contributors who point out that this has already been covered, asked or started.

This probably is an unpopular opinion, but is one that I agree with. Not sure why people feel the need to constantly "call out" others who start a new thread, as it is rather childish. If someone wants to do so, that is there prerogative. A further unpopular opinion is that the moderators have their favorites and stick up for the trolls and troublemakers on the forums, and seem to target those with differing opinions.

Hcalvert

I think people should give up their seats on the busses/monorail for the elderly, small children, pregnant women, and/or someone who has a small child in their arms. I stand and give up my seat for someone even though I have a bad knee that is killing me after walking all day.

Also, I think that the person in a wheelchair or scooter should be let on a bus first like they are now, but all their party should wait in line with everyone else and board at that time as long as the driver ensures they get on the same bus.

Not Transportation-Related: I cannot stand how pushy the photographer at 'Ohana is regarding getting a picture with Stitch. I am not going to buy his/her picture and I think I have the right to tell them to back off so that I can take my own picture. I paid enough for my family to eat breakfast there and am not taking up any more time than any other table.

jloucks

You can walk to the MK from the MK hotels if you want.

So you got me curious and I pulled up good ole google maps. You sure could walk to WDW from The Contemporary or the Floridian. I guess I missed it since I have never stayed at these two resorts.

I also noted that is is only about 1200 feet between Hollywood Studios and the parking lots of Pop Century & Art of Animation!! They so need to put in a nice scenic pedestrian path there (thru the swamp?)! That would be a wonderful selling point for those two resorts.

It seems like a light rail system could run from Art of Animation/Pop Century north to Caribbean Beach Resort, and north again to Epcot fairly easily. I'm betting that entire block of land is Disney property, and it is all open so demolition costs would be very low.

Of course the problem (possibly filed under the "good problem" folder) is there are so many parks it is hard to get any hotel close to all of the resorts.

Goofyernmost

So you got me curious and I pulled up good ole google maps. You sure could walk to WDW from The Contemporary or the Floridian. I guess I missed it since I have never stayed at these two resorts.

I also noted that is is only about 1200 feet between Hollywood Studios and the parking lots of Pop Century & Art of Animation!! They so need to put in a nice scenic pedestrian path there (thru the swamp?)! That would be a wonderful selling point for those two resorts.

It seems like a light rail system could run from Art of Animation/Pop Century north to Caribbean Beach Resort, and north again to Epcot fairly easily. I'm betting that entire block of land is Disney property, and it is all open so demolition costs would be very low.

Of course the problem (possibly filed under the "good problem" folder) is there are so many parks it is hard to get any hotel close to all of the resorts.
No you cannot walk to or from the Floridian or the Poly. You not only can walk from the Contemporary quickly to MK, always could, and it is much faster then the Monorail because that the train running in a clockwise direction which has stops at TTC, the Poly and the Grand Floridian before it arrives at MK.

I'm not sure that a "nice" walkway through the swamp would be all that glamorous. Sharing a path with snakes and other swamp critters could ruin your whole day. When the Gondola project is done, the options based on resort will vary from Monorail, Boats, Buses, Minnie Vans and Gondola's. That seems like a pretty big selection. (heck here is a novel idea, you could even have a car and drive to the parks and ride a tram. The only thing missing is horse and buggy.

OneofThree

When did this start being a thing anyways? I'm thinking early 00s, but I wouldn't be surprised if was during the 90s either.

Not certain, but it would be interesting to observe the impact on the current trend if Disney did away with CM discounts on admission and purchases.

OneofThree

...and watch half of their labor force disappear overnight??? I don't see that happening.

I wouldn't imagine they would do so. I guess my point was more just tossing around the idea that CM's might represent a disproportionate amount of participants in the quoted activity.

Half their labor force? Hyperbole aside, you really think those discounts are what drives recruiting there? I'd be a bit surprised if that were the case.

KBLovedDisney

Don't worry, it'll be Drinking Around Walt Disney World sooner than you think! Boundaries? Where we're going... there are no boundaries.
delorean-back-to-the-future-production.gif

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is kinda like “the big ball of hate” thread...

I love the premise: unconventional/unpopular opinions of park sacred cows..

But it became completely ugly and misinformed almost from the hop.

Interesting read 🙃

OneofThree

This is kinda like “the big ball of hate” thread...

I love the premise: unconventional/unpopular opinions of park sacred cows..

But it became completely ugly and misinformed almost from the hop.

Interesting read 🙃

Sounds like your own unique expression of disapproval, ie "unpopular". Congrats. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom