Unpopular WDW Opinions

polynesiangirl

I do not understand why Peter Pan's Flight is popular enough to draw the queue lengths that it does. Like, I think it's cute and all, in that retro-Disney-park way, so it's not like I'm against its existence or anything, but the line is always, always insane and has been for as long as I can remember. There is no universe where I would wait 75+ minutes for that thing, any more than I would wait that long for Pirates or Small World or anything else I like.

I thought Wishes was pretty meh, and my husband and I thought the song was obnoxious.

Oh, and also I hate Pecos Bill's.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I think Jungle Cruise is a terrible ride. Except for the nostalgia it has nothing to offer. The lines are long and the jokes are old. The animatronics may have been great for their day but are not good today.

It seems like it uses a large amount of land in the MK that could be used for 2 new rides.
1539528022609.png

Paper straw fan

Once Pecos Bill went from BBQ and other stuff to the “Taco Salad Emporium” I was out.

I finally rode Peter Pan for the first time in a decade at one of the special night functions when there was nobody in the park (yet still lines for PP and 7DMT of course) and while it’s alright, there was nothing that would make me wait longer than ‘walk up and get on’. I mean ET is a far superior version of that ride at Universal and there’s never a line for that.

Goofyernmost

Once Pecos Bill went from BBQ and other stuff to the “Taco Salad Emporium” I was out.

I finally rode Peter Pan for the first time in a decade at one of the special night functions when there was nobody in the park (yet still lines for PP and 7DMT of course) and while it’s alright, there was nothing that would make me wait longer than ‘walk up and get on’. I mean ET is a far superior version of that ride at Universal and there’s never a line for that.
In the early years, ET was very popular. The lines were incredibly long. On top of that, something that Uni was, maybe still is, famous for were duel queues. ET had a covered outer queue that you could easily spend an hour in working your way to the entrance. Then when you got inside the building you had the second queue to contend with. To make matters worse the damn thing broke down ever 40 seconds. It was a nightmare in those days. I can remember getting up to the entrance door two times only to be told that the ride was down... try again later. Come to think of it that was almost exactly the same experience I had on the Rat ride in Paris.

Granted ET's inner queue was heavily themed, but, when all was said and done, it was still a queue, but, it felt like you were walking through a forest. Very well done, but, then again since Peter Pan is much older a creation then ET, it was and is still a fun unique ride.

OlafsNose

I really don't like rides going backwards for anything other than a short length of time.

Others have criticised the touchscreens on Spaceship Earth, but I like them as it helps distract from the very slow and (what feels like) long descent.

Walt Disney1955

I hate using your smart phone to get around the park. It is so "un-spontaneous". Also, I don't own a phone.

I still like the Aladdin ride. Even the location. It kills 10 minutes when you are waiting for one of the bigger ones. Dumbo always has long lines, so it is nice to get on a Disney ride similar to it at least. Go ahead sue me...........I like the magic carpet ride.

Goofyernmost

Walt Disney's EPCOT (not the theme park) sounded like it would have been unfeasable and terrifying in a way.
I don't disagree, however, at the time that he was thinking about it and planning, technology had not yet advanced at the speed that just a dozen years later became common. It would have worked in the beginning especially if Walt had been alive to oversee it, but, even he would not have been able to save it after technology went crazy. The reliance on corporations to continuously keep the community updated technologically would have been unlikely and no longer needed as a way to promote their products.

If I remember correctly, the town of Celebration was a mini experiment in the same concept. A controlled environment with a large number of rules and regulation in an attempt to maintain a Utopian living place, operated and ruled by Disney. It didn't work, because people are not the proverbial Stepford Wives. Disney quickly gave up the management task and allowed to be a place where people owned the property and collectively made their own rules. That kind of company control doesn't work in a free society no matter the good intentions.

geekza

Walt Disney's EPCOT (not the theme park) sounded like it would have been unfeasable and terrifying in a way.
Yeah, there was something very Logan's Run or THX-1138 about it. There were fantastic ideas as far as transportation and city planning go, but it would have been very difficult to pull off successfully, especially his ideas about people only living there for brief periods and then being forced to leave to make room for new people. Not many people would want to uproot their families, only to have to do it again several months later. It would have been a nightmare.

Walt was a smart man, though, and was never afraid of adapting or outright canceling projects when it became apparent that they simply wouldn't work. The plans we saw for EPCOT were really just the rough "blue sky" ideas. They never got the chance to move any further than that stage because of Walt's untimely illness and death.

memethyst

i don't like soarin over the world
i don't like happily ever after
the last scene in carousel of progress is my favorite [because of how cheesy and retro it is]
i don't really like disneyland's space mountain's music [it sounds too close to the incredibles and doesn't fit space mountain to me, then again i've never actually been to disneyland so maybe it fits more to theirs?]

tomast

Yeah, there was something very Logan's Run or THX-1138 about it. There were fantastic ideas as far as transportation and city planning go, but it would have been very difficult to pull off successfully, especially his ideas about people only living there for brief periods and then being forced to leave to make room for new people. Not many people would want to uproot their families, only to have to do it again several months later. It would have been a nightmare.

Yes, because miliraty, diplomatics, and lots of multinational workers dont do that.

I think it was a good idea. and the design was fantastic.

Animaniac93-98

I like Snow White's Scary Adventures better than Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Not that the newer ride is bad, but it doesn't have any of the charm or atmosphere of the older ride IMO. Florida's version also had the best staging for the scene where the Witch tries to crush you with a rock. The other ones are too cramped in comparison (same for Toad's train tunnel).

You also didn't need to wait 2 hours to ride or get a FP+ 60 days out.

[sorry if I already said this in the thread]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom