Unpopular opinions about the parks?

spacemt354

Chili's
I mean you may not find it as such, but calling a group of people 'weird' for doing something they enjoy is pretty across-the-board at least a litte offensive.
I mean the poster said above they fell into the category as well. Don't think there was harm behind it other than admitting an unpopular opinion.

spacemt354

Chili's
Some of my unpopular opinions

- WDW Space Mountain is vastly superior to the Disneyland version
- Hollywood Studios is underrated and Animal Kingdom is overrated
- Universal is still not in the same league as Disney in terms of vacation experience.

jloucks

I mean you may not find it as such, but calling a group of people 'weird' for doing something they enjoy is pretty across-the-board at least a litte offensive.

example: "star wars fans are weird." I mean if you tell someone they're weird for liking something, that's probably not going to go over so well
I guess that depends on

• How easily offended you are
  • Whether or not the statement is inherently true

So for example, the word Weird

weird​

1 of 2

adjective

: of strange or extraordinary character : ODD, FANTASTIC

Now look at the word strange...

strange​

adjective

: different from what is usual, ordinary, or expected : ODD

You put them all together and you get what I meant, which is people that go to WDW without kids are not the usual. They are odd. They are strange. And this, by definition combined with user statistics, is true as the majority of people in the parks bring kids.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
I guess that depends on

• How easily offended you are
  • Whether or not the statement is inherently true

So for example, the word Weird

weird​

1 of 2

adjective

: of strange or extraordinary character : ODD, FANTASTIC

Now look at the word strange...

strange​

adjective

: different from what is usual, ordinary, or expected : ODD

You put them all together and you get what I meant, which is people that go to WDW without kids are not the usual. They are odd. They are strange. And this, by definition combined with user statistics, is true as the majority of people in the parks bring kids.

I'm not really 'offended' by what you said, but as a general rule and as advice for the future, yes calling someone weird will usually be taken as an insult. I mean if you say, "John is weird," John will likely be offended by that.

Jrb1979

Hot take: rollercoasters are overrated across the board. A lot of attractions aren't that special but skate by just by being coasters. And this is coming from someone going to CP to ride coasters on Sunday.
I don't think they are overrated at all. I do think they don't work well as a story telling ride. Nothing beats greying out or feeling the positive and negative G forces.

BlakeW39

Original Poster
I don't think they are overrated at all. I do think they don't work well as a story telling ride. Nothing beats greying out or feeling the positive and negative G forces.

I like coasters for sure, but there a lot of mediocre RCs out there that are called good attractions just on the basis of them having a rollercoaster track. Like Guardians for example.

Jrb1979

I like coasters for sure, but there a lot of mediocre RCs out there that are called good attractions just on the basis of them having a rollercoaster track. Like Guardians for example.
I agree there. I would say for the most part Disney doesn't do coasters well. IMO coasters are built for speed, thrills and intensity, not to tell stories. IMO SeaWorld does coasters the best in Orlando.

Jrb1979

One of my friends believes this. She genuinely thinks it's weird to go to a Disney park without kids. I don't pay it any mind because that's a them problem and not a me problem.
My family thinks it's weird that I travel the country visiting different amusement parks for vacation. This summer alone I will have visited 7 different parks.

Smugpugmug

If it is the *only* place you vacation without kids is Disney, it is weird.
I couldn't go to *only* Disney and I'm childless. I'm interested in going to other places in the world. With that said, I don't care at all where people go on vacation.

My family thinks it's weird that I travel the country visiting different amusement parks for vacation. This summer alone I will have visited 7 different parks.
I don't think that's weird. That sounds fun. I'm heading to Busch Gardens Tampa this October for the first time. I'm also interested in checking out Dollywood.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom